Dominic Solanke

If yon Solanke is still on the radar of West Ham.. I think if I was him i'd go...I mean some of the sh*t posted on here lately ...what is the attraction to stay if that crap is representative of the support...of a player who has scored some pivotal goals in two leagues.. in promotion and relegation campaigns...not mid - table cruising.

On the player appreciation front ...this Forum in the main ..My God it's f*cking sadly lacking in grey matter...they gush about tossers who buggered off when the going got rough.... now operating as satellites in rivals squads...and Solanke gets it in the f√cking neck because the TEAM doesn't perform or yieid points !

This is jumping the queue of Rants that I've got planned for some of you acros 23-24...
Holy smoke Batman.
Don’t shoot your load too early, we’re only two games into the season.

If yon Solanke is still on the radar of West Ham.. I think if I was him i'd go...I mean some of the sh*t posted on here lately ...what is the attraction to stay if that crap is representative of the support...of a player who has scored some pivotal goals in two leagues.. in promotion and relegation campaigns...not mid - table cruising.

On the player appreciation front ...this Forum in the main ..My God it's f*cking sadly lacking in grey matter...they gush about tossers who buggered off when the going got rough.... now operating as satellites in rivals squads...and Solanke gets it in the f√cking neck because the TEAM doesn't perform or yieid points !

This is jumping the queue of Rants that I've got planned for some of you acros 23-24...
I think you are being a bit dramatic here friend. No one has outright bashed Dom from what I have read, just simply expect more out of our starting striker and again with the market the way it is, only an obscene bid should even make us consider selling him.

But do love how always you try to come off as knowing better than anyone else how we should do things so cheers for that.

Holy smoke Batman.
Don’t shoot your load too early, we’re only two games into the season.
Its OK .I mostly make it up as I go along...tomorrow could be totally different and with more sanity !
I think if we all come at it from different angles it makes for a more interesting Forum.
I think you are being a bit dramatic here friend. No one has outright bashed Dom from what I have read, just simply expect more out of our starting striker and again with the market the way it is, only an obscene bid should even make us consider selling him.

But do love how always you try to come off as knowing better than anyone else how we should do things so cheers for that.
Haha..me dramatic...that's a new one..I read it how I read it...that's all there is to it.
.whatever...all I know is I get up a lot of folks noses on this medium when I join in !
One of those I guess ..an Internet pariah...the word 'troll' is sometimes utilised..slightly daft term 'id say...a diversion from the original meaning.
You cannot say what you think on here...they just don't like it one bit if it don't fit their criteria.

Very different to the chats we all used to have in the pubs ..far more jovial as social intercourse goes and loosely traded opinions were forgotten on the way home .

Last edited:
Its OK .I mostly make it up as I go along...tomorrow could be totally different and sane .
I think if we all come at it from different angles

Haha..me dramatic...that's a new one..I read it how I read it...that's all there is to it.
.whatever...all I know is I get up a lot of folks noses on this medium when I join in !
One of those I guess ..an Internet pariah...the word 'troll' is sometimes utilised..slightly daft term 'id say...a diversion from the original meaning.
You cannot say what you think on here...they just don't like it one bit if it don't fit their criteria.

Very different to the chats we all used to have in the pubs ..far more jovial as social intercourse goes and loosely traded opinions were forgotten on the way home .
he he he, intercourse

Tbf he scored a well taken goal in first game.

Only 6 last year, add in the usual 3 or 4 pens a team typically gets each season, plus coupled with rookie o Neil (more defense orientated tactics...) and suddenly 10 doesn't look to bad.

He clearly can finish... you don't score 30 goals in a season in the championship without being clinical.

I'm certain he'll score at least 10 to 15 this season.

I'm not sure what people are expecting from a lower to mid table team tbh.

I think others will contribute more this year with goals, as AI clearly has a different philosophy to o Neil. As long as the team are creating a hood amount of quality chances and scoring a healthy amount then I don't see a problem.

If AI prefers a striker with different attributes as firmly believes, I don't know, a quicker, more agile or physically stronger player will yield better results (chances and goals, whoever scores them), then that's fair enough imo. If we can identify a 20+ a season goal machine that perfectly compliments AI style, amd doesnt detract from the build up play/shape in a way that hinders quality chances that having Dom may being, that would be incredible of course. You could argue its better to have a system where you have that wide men, amc, midfiekd chipping in more, so if a player is injured its less of an issue, rather than be totally reliant on a particular player. Either way, as long as we're playing good football, creating and scoring chances to ensure we get points on the board I'll be happy!

Looking at clubs top scorers last year, you have mitrovic and toney infiltrating the top scores chart with 14 and 20 respectively. Toney is a gem of a signing when you consider the fee and output at this level. Mitrovic did OK... but wasn't the Fulham style/tactics almost built around him? Slow, low workrate (barely mobile?), but aggressive and strong in the air striker. I firmly believe they have a good chance of getting relegated this season now he's moved on. They'll need to adapt quickly to playing with out a player with his very specific skill set.

I would certainly advocate for another option as I don't rate Moore at this level. Unless of course semenyo continues to step up.. but probably only a game or two before window closes now? And ideally you need three strikers. As will almost certainly lose 1 for at least a few games this season,, perhaps even both at same time?

But then it becomes difficult in terms of attracting someone pl ready and keeping them or semenyo happy as may face limited gane time. Although we did end up with all 3 of them on v west ham iirc.

Last edited:

I doubt Solanke reads this doeum

Go on, spill it all out Brian. It’s cathartic. You never know, you might wake up tomorrow and decide that everyone’s posts are actually positive and really nice and you can only offer gentle and supportive things to say about them! Give it a try?

Go on, spill it all out Brian. It’s cathartic. You never know, you might wake up tomorrow and decide that everyone’s posts are actually positive and really nice and you can only offer gentle and supportive things to say about them! Give it a try?
I might... but for now I'm only giving a bit of moral support for Solanke who might be playing for us against Spurs.

Cathartic ...whatever....but you basically can't spill much out on this platform without getting approval from the set self- righteous cliques...some of those were on the Forum long before me and aloof in their serenity...
- Not to crossed by a non - attending, non ST holder Exile and certainly not another ex - serviceman, British to the Core and UnWoke, un PC... 'boomer' !

The first thing I got wrong was attempting to support the late Al Gard who like me wasn't afraid to speak his mind.

I could choose to drop my 'Act'..for in essence thats what it is, and adopt a more normal stance..but while this is in 'some' quarters what I consider to be a somewhat toxic and unfriendly place....I might as well retain the abrasive and provocative edge.....and join in the occasional humour with those less serious members !

Up the Cherries !

Some players do. But probably less now

Now that's made me curious. I'd have thought places like Twitter or Instagram were their hangouts. Didn't expect youngsters like them would even be aware of it, never mind read it.

Blimey. No wonder some of them want to leave.

Now that's made me curious. I'd have thought places like Twitter or Instagram were their hangouts. Didn't expect youngsters like them would even be aware of it, never mind read it.

Blimey. No wonder some of them want to leave.
Marc Pugh did. I don’t mean religiously sure he had better things to do… if there is an article on yourself it will come up on Google search and people also post links to this site on Twitter and footballers have been tagged in it.

Managers have spoken about stuff read on forums

Last edited:
Big and opportunistic season for Dom in an attacking side he will get more chances than last season. Guaranteed to start - target of 15 by March goals could catch Southgates eye given so few English strikers out there. West Ham & Moyes no good for him and at Fulham would get snared in Silva's ego .

Marc Pugh did. I don’t mean religiously… if there is an article on yourself it will come up on Google search and people also post links to this site on Twitter and footballers have been tagged in it.

That's fair enough. I'd expect the occasional Google of you name but would have been surprised if any of them actually lurk here.

Didn't realise links to here were shared by people on Twitter with the players. No need for that, they have enough to worry about! :)

That's fair enough. I'd expect the occasional Google of you name but would have been surprised if any of them actually lurk here.

Didn't realise links to here were shared by people on Twitter with the players. No need for that, they have enough to worry about! :)
Not often or for a while but seen players tagged in vitals articles on twitter before.

;