Dominic Solanke

Had a great relationship with Cookie Jr for England so hopefully they can restablish thay pairing to devastating effect.

Not seen much to impress me in the PL if I'm brutally honest but hopefully he'll develop in line with his potential.

Would love a right CB and a CM, though I fear a CM is completely off the cards with Gosling back, sadly.

Absolutely amazing! Hope we get to see both of them on Saturday.
Well done afcb

Very good signing IMO and look forward to see how he performs under Eddie but 19 million is a very steep price to pay if it doesn’t work out. Look forward to seeing clyne sign aswell and hopefully a CB and CM.

...my palace mate says that he failed his medical at Selhurst Park...this augurs well for us!

With the end of our season run in being much easier than our recent run of fixtures, I'd say this was a signing with the view to going back to 4-4-2 more regularly. Wilson and Solanke is a perfect front 2. Wilson to play off the shoulder and Solanke to be the physical presence/target man for players to chase the knock-ons. With Fraser bombing down the left, Brooks being the clever elegant player that he is finding space between the lines and cutting in on the right, balance restored to our defence with the signing of Clyne, I'd say we are back on track for our push on Europe. Even if Wilson goes, King can play the role I said for Wilson. I'm very pleased with today to say the least.

Blimey..I go for a walk with the dogs and Liverpool flog us another.

Again, good news....I think.

I can see why people would have concerns about this, given how badly we overpaid for Ibe and Smith.

But whereas every stats / analytics person thought the Ibe deal was dumb, a lot of the same people really, really rate Solanke and seem to think that £19m isn't extortionate.

for instance

And if it is a sign that Wilson is off in the summer (or even this month) then I'm glad to see that we're actually planning ahead. (Also, given Wilson's injury record, selling him for a decent fee when his reputation is high would be sensible, even though it would be a wrench to see him go.)

19m does seem like a lot to pay but he has youth on his side and obviously is seen as a player with bags of potential. Let's be honest, prices for players are only going to go one way, so whatever we pay for him now, worst case we will probably still get our money back if it doesn't work out and we decide to sell him in a year or two. But with a bit of luck and Eddie's tutelage we could end up with a 50m+ player on our hands. So plenty of scope for a decent return in the future and in the grand scheme of things not too much risk for the club. It's another transfer which fits into our apparent business model. I would rather see us taking a punt on improving young players than blowing these sorts of fees on journeyman players looking for a cushy payday. As I mentioned elsewhere, this might see us sending Mousset out on loan somewhere where he can be a regular starter. Then we will see if we have another star of the future on our hands. If Wilson stays we would have enough cover to let Mousset go out on loan and show us what he's got. Can see the sense in this purchase, even if Wilson stays, which I hope he does, at least until the Summer. If Wilson goes, Solanke could be a decent replacement, so all good.

Hahaha, just checking Brighton and Liverpool forums

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=341885.0

Some Scouser said:
Damn. £19m is a lot for a 21-year old for someone with one goal in English senior football. You'd have thought Bournemouth would have learned their lesson after Ibe and Brad Smith.

Liverpool fans claiming 19 rising to 25 with a buy back included, if so that's potentially terrible business, we'll have to pretend he's crap for three years until buy back runs out like we're doing with Ibe

;