Dominic Solanke

I don’t think Dom will ever be a fifteen to twenty goals a season PL striker,but has other very good attributes.It’s wether the manager believes they outweigh the lack of goals,and if we have other players to chip in.

How did he score 30 plus in the 2nd tier if his finishing was that bad?

Wonder if @Matt Stevenson has access to xg or whatever indicates how many decent chances he had per goal in the championship? Or whatever level.

Not saying hes the best finisher of all time, but I think he's no worse than average at pl level. Coupled with his pedigree of tge clubs he played for, I don't think his finishing is too bad at all or he'd probably have plummeted down the leagues. Chelsea and Liverpool wouldn't have invested in him if it was that bad.

He gets a rough ride from some on here about being inept in front of goal and personally I feel its unjustified... just my opinion.
Here you go buddy.

Him and Mitrovich in a different league in terms of xG. Solanke slightly behind on conversion you'd hope your strikers overperform against that.

I don’t think Dom will ever be a fifteen to twenty goals a season PL striker,but has other very good attributes.It’s wether the manager believes they outweigh the lack of goals,and if we have other players to chip in.
If he was he'd be our record sale by a long long way

Yeah theres certainly an argument for that. Part of the reason I'm interested (for the first time in my life...) of seeing some xg type stuff around him.

Don't think we can read too much into elite clubs offloading young players. You have to be pretty exceptional most the time due to the competition, demands... and even then some players they release do go on to play at the top level once getting regular football.

I don;t think anyone is claiming Solanke is good enough to lead the line for one of the top clubs. He is fine for most other top tier clubs though imo.
I think and I’m hoping others are of the same that yes solanke is a good striker but what we are saying he is now not right for how we want to play

Solanke was on th pitch, but his contribution was zero impact.

40 million to the Hammers,,,,, should have bit their arms off.

Solanke is shyte
You really know how to make yourself look stupid…Solanke is a PL player and has served us well and will continue to do so!

Chelsea have spent millions trying to source a striker….Spurs will have to too…Arsenal Citeh Newcastle Man Utd have spunked up millions over the years too..
We can’t compete with anywhere near the vast amounts that they have spent..
Dom has been integral to our success at this top level…to diss him as you do is quite ludicrous almost to the point of your obsession to slag certain players off as some sort of WUM

Yeah theres certainly an argument for that. Part of the reason I'm interested (for the first time in my life...) of seeing some xg type stuff around him.

Don't think we can read too much into elite clubs offloading young players. You have to be pretty exceptional most the time due to the competition, demands... and even then some players they release do go on to play at the top level once getting regular football.

I don;t think anyone is claiming Solanke is good enough to lead the line for one of the top clubs. He is fine for most other top tier clubs though imo.
Chelsea didn’t “let him go”, they wanted to keep him but he was offered a better opportunity of regular football by Liverpool at the end of his contract. We all know how few Chelsea youngsters ever get regular football there. He was unlucky that Sala, Mané & Firmino all clicked so well limiting his chances.

He was a big buy for us but people really have to understand £19 (if it was) was only ever gonna buy potential. His first PL season, he was a bit part player, not many minutes on the pitch overall. Two championship seasons, one very disrupted with management changes and a very decent one. He was also a key player for us last year.

I think people will only be happy if he delivers like Haarland or Kane!

Would absolutely sell him if we get offered £40m. He just isn’t worth that, he will never be a consistent goal scorer at this level, just doesn’t have that lethal instinct that you need. Confident that Semenyo wouldn’t score any less than him anyway.

Would absolutely sell him if we get offered £40m. He just isn’t worth that, he will never be a consistent goal scorer at this level, just doesn’t have that lethal instinct that you need. Confident that Semenyo wouldn’t score any less than him anyway.
The problem is , we all want someone who is lethal but that costs alot of money .
I like Semenyo and he has proved in the last 2 games he will cause defenders big problems

If we buy the finished package it will cost huge money. And even then there would be no guarantee. The reality is we'd be buying a replacement with the potential to become the finished package. Which carries even more risk but that's who we are as a club.

If we buy the finished package it will cost huge money. And even then there would be no guarantee. The reality is we'd be buying a replacement with the potential to become the finished package. Which carries even more risk but that's who we are as a club.
Awonyi 17.5m
Toney 6m

It’s a myth that you have to spend mega money to stand any chance of signing a goal scorer. They are out there, not easy to find but not impossible. Are you honestly saying that it is beyond the realms of possibility to sign a striker that could score more than six goals this season?

Awonyi 17.5m
Toney 6m

It’s a myth that you have to spend mega money to stand any chance of signing a goal scorer. They are out there, not easy to find but not impossible. Are you honestly saying that it is beyond the realms of possibility to sign a striker that could score more than six goals this season?

You've misunderstood what I said and agreed with my point.

Neither of those were, in PL terms, considered the finished article when they were bought. They were purchased at a lower price in the hope they could prove themselves. Exactly like we would be doing.

;