Dominic Solanke

Was thinking when post went up re bowing out. Recall numerous times Neil bowed out on threads, and within minutes was posting something elsedidn't want to say anything in case it spoilt the fun...

All in good jest. Keep momentum going Neil!
That’s me out now! Also not a flounce Rob. I’m bored so god only knows what the rest of you are….

Never thought otherwise. It wasn’t the debate. We should have loaned him out to the championship as he was clearly one for the future had a n other striker as back up.

"Never thought otherwise" go back to page 35 or so of this thread and you'll find Neil arguing with people who are saying Solanke had come in and done well. The build up to his final whistle gloating after the Palace game that December is Neil absolutely tearing into Dom after every game and now he's saying he never said he was a bad signing. It's just lies and lies that are there for all to see too.

"Never thought otherwise" go back to page 35 or so of this thread and you'll find Neil arguing with people who are saying Solanke had come in and done well. The build up to his final whistle gloating after the Palace game that December is Neil absolutely tearing into Dom after every game and now he's saying he never said he was a bad signing. It's just lies and lies that are there for all to see too.
SDD you have an unhealthy obsession with Neil.

Did he shag your wife?

Steal your Ref uniform?

Or.......

Have an opinion?

You're looking desperate.

SDD you have an unhealthy obsession with Neil.

Did he shag your wife?

Steal your Ref uniform?

Or.......

Have an opinion?

You're looking desperate.

There are plenty of people other than me arguing this point. I don't make personal comments about Neil - I just criticise what he says on here. You're accusing me of not having an opinion and you post inconsequential nonsense like this all the time, I'm arguing about football what are you on about here? Don't bother answering.

There are plenty of people other than me arguing this point. I don't make personal comments about Neil - I just criticise what he says on here. You're accusing me of not having an opinion and you post inconsequential nonsense like this all the time, I'm arguing about football what are you on about here? Don't bother answering.

So just to recap, the current agenda for this thread is:

Neil won't be posting in here again.

Dragon can't respond to this SDD post. SDD has since confirmed Dragon is free to respond the post in question and can reply to other posts (by SDD or other members). Or elect to create his own post... without replying.

So just to recap, the current agenda for this thread is:

Neil won't be posting in here again.

Dragon can't respond to this SDD post. But can reply to other posts (by SDD or other members). Or elect to create his own post... without replying.

He can do what he wants I was just saying it was a rhetorical question.

Very narcissistic to ask a question.

Then sign off with don't bother answering.

Gaslighting narcissistic traits.

"Never thought otherwise" go back to page 35 or so of this thread and you'll find Neil arguing with people who are saying Solanke had come in and done well.

I’m really not a fan of rewriting history.

Claiming we should have kept one of Defoe or Mousset over signing Solanke.

Ignoring the facts on Defoe and Mousset’s contract situation or even his goal return of 3 goals in 3 years.

It’s just bending history to suit an argument. An argument that’s based on the fact that Neil thought both Mousset and Surridge were better prospects than Solanke - to coin a phrase - at that time. But we now have ever moving goalposts, bent timelines to try and move the debate in a different direction.

All of this appears to be easier than just admitting you got something wrong or indeed just confessing that other people got it right.

Namely of course the recruitment team who hauled in £15million for Mousset and Surridge whilst spending £19million on Solanke.

I’m really not a fan of rewriting history.

Claiming we should have kept one of Defoe or Mousset over signing Solanke.

Ignoring the facts on Defoe and Mousset’s contract situation or even his goal return of 3 goals in 3 years.

It’s just bending history to suit an argument. An argument that’s based on the fact that Neil thought both Mousset and Surridge were better prospects than Solanke - to coin a phrase - at that time. But we now have ever moving goalposts, bent timelines to try and move the debate in a different direction.

All of this appears to be easier than just admitting you got something wrong or indeed just confessing that other people got it right.

Namely of course the recruitment team who hauled in £15million for Mousset and Surridge whilst spending £19million on Solanke.

Precisely. It was absolutely the right decision to get rid of Defoe, Mousset and later Surridge and bring Dom in. Sure it would have been better if Dom scored more but he was still a decent enough performer in that season. The whole side were awful so trying to pick on him as a key reason we went down was silly at the time and now looks absolutely ludicrous.

Precisely. It was absolutely the right decision to get rid of Defoe, Mousset and later Surridge and bring Dom in. Sure it would have been better if Dom scored more but he was still a decent enough performer in that season. The whole side were awful so trying to pick on him as a key reason we went down was silly at the time and now looks absolutely ludicrous.

It seems to often be forgotten that he also played a very deep number 10 role, or even out wide at times and yet this debate is all about goals. He was offering far more to the side back then, even with his missed chances.

It’s a more similar debate to maybe even the modern day version of Christie, but “at the time” it was about “more talent” Mousset and “better player” Surridge.

;