Down with Eddie....or.....??

glenmorangie - 18/12/2017 07:45

Spot on DJ :35:

We should remember that without Eddie and Max there would be no Club. No administation- just liquidation. For me, Eddie is unsackable for all that he has done for us.

I strongly disagree with that statement. We wouldn't have a club playing at this level but we would still have a club, even if we'd not sold the ground, we'd have a club. I'm not suggesting we sack eddie, yet. I don’t think we can afford to keep him if we're in danger of of going down, given the stadium and academy developments, he’s had 3 yrs it get it right in the premiership, for me he’s shown far to much loyalty too basically average players, that's all imo of course

bog_standard - 18/12/2017 18:14

glenmorangie - 18/12/2017 07:45

Spot on DJ :35:

We should remember that without Eddie and Max there would be no Club. No administation- just liquidation. For me, Eddie is unsackable for all that he has done for us.

I strongly disagree with that statement. We wouldn't have a club playing at this level but we would still have a club, even if we'd not sold the ground, we'd have a club. I'm not suggesting we sack eddie, yet. I don’t think we can afford to keep him if we're in danger of of going down, given the stadium and academy developments, he’s had 3 yrs it get it right in the premiership, for me he’s shown far to much loyalty too basically average players, that's all imo of course

Wouldnt it be good if we could buck the trend and stick with and support our manager. You are wrong so wrong. If people like you get their way we will end up with Pulis or son of Pulis and God help us. I sit surrounded by people like you and they dont have a clue. Idiots everyone of them

Were you saying he got it wrong the last two seasons then?

I really don't like the kind of fan who just expects more and better every year. We've improved for eight years, but so many glory hunters can't wait for any kind of blip to begin questioning whether Eddie is the right person for the job. Eddie should be judged over a longer period than one season despite what Sky pundits say (just to keep themselves in work).

I'm amazed that some fans think theres some kind of divine right to stay in the Premier. OK, for Liverpool and a few others that maybe true (it didn't used to be though). The loyalty shown by Eddie to players so far has served us fairly well. It might be time to start changing things now, but hardly time to panic.

Get a grip! ;-)

"I really don't like the kind of fan who just expects more and better every year. We've improved for eight years, but so many glory hunters can't wait for any kind of blip to begin questioning whether Eddie is the right person for the job"

Two and a half years ago I bumped into your daughter and yourself in the queue for season tickets and we remarked on the fact that large numbers of those present had never really seen us lose, not more than the odd game or two anyway.

Et voila, Rob. Here they be.

bog_standard - 18/12/2017 18:14

I'm not suggesting we sack eddie, yet. I don’t think we can afford to keep him if we're in danger of of going down, given the stadium and academy developments, he’s had 3 yrs it get it right in the premiership, for me he’s shown far to much loyalty too basically average players, that's all imo of course

You'll get a load of abuse of course with that statement.

The trust were told the stadium wasn't dependent on PL survival, however there is such a lack of consultation we have zero idea of anything.

We have no idea how the stadium will be financed for example whereas all other clubs are open and transparent on these matters.

I don't think we have the financial backing to be anything other than what we are, so in that respect sacking Eddie would be slightly foolish no matter what happens.

We are punching above our weight...what happens will happen..and it will.

Eddie is surely intelligent enough to know what mistakes he's made and will have an awareness of the clubs limitations. Players these days throw up some complex off field problems and the larger the squads the worse it gets. Foolish move if he was removed. Maybe the directors could consider backing him up with some more PL experienced and savvy assistants and scouts as it seems to be new inclusions and transfers are his achilles heel.He MUST stay!

So who would we bring in that could get more out of the players we have? Jose? Pep?
Pulis needs a new club.
I wouldn't swap Eddie for any manager in perm league, if we go down so be it, but we'll drop further without him

CherryBare - 18/12/2017 19:48

So who would we bring in that could get more out of the players we have? Jose? Pep?
Pulis needs a new club.
I wouldn't swap Eddie for any manager in perm league, if we go down so be it, but we'll drop further without him

As not a single person has advocated a change of manager, the debate as to who could get more from the players is irrelevant.

No, but the OP did pose the question, which is being debated.

Someone mentioned experienced people being brought in alongside Eddie. I don't think he'd go for that.

I'm not suggesting sack eddie just yet. I've been supporting the team for way over 30 years, so im not some jcl. AND IT'S ONLY AN OPINION, did I not make that clear? and to say I'm not liked because of it and say I'm some sort of glory hunter for just for having an opinion, beggers belief.

bog_standard - 18/12/2017 21:07

I'm not suggesting sack eddie just yet. I've been supporting the team for way over 30 years, so im not some jcl. AND IT'S ONLY AN OPINION, did I not make that clear? and to say I'm not liked because of it and say I'm some sort of glory hunter for just for having an opinion, beggers belief.
Just yet, think the answer is never! 3 promotions, did Burnley sack Sean dyche? It to be honest beggars belief that someone who claims to have supported the team for 30 years suggests this!
What do so called supporters expect? Nice easy top half of table finish with no relegation fears every season? It's not going to happen, I'm afraid, personally I've supported the team for 40 years, and struggling in the premier league is no worse frustrating than struggling in div1, but standard of football is a little better.

If we drop down the leagues and end up on minus 17 I would still want Eddie as our manager . We will never have a manager again that loves the club like he does .
Having said that if I want to be critical of some of his decisions I will be ,regardless of what some of the paragons of virtue on here think.

If it was a simple choice stick with eh and go down or change and stay up my answer is change but there no certainties. Sometimes no matter what a manager has done you need a change to bring in fresh ideas and get the players up for it and a new challenge. Things got stale at Arsenal and they needed a change 5-8 years ago. Like most of you I remember traveling all over England and Wales with my dad watching us play lower league football on pitches that resembled farmers fields and stands that were more akin to cattle sheds and id rather we not go back to it. Many teams that go down don’t come back up and struggle and drop lower.
Not advocating sacking eh as who is there to replace him certainly no one in England atm. I guess there are those abroad like Silva. But it’s in eh hands atm and lets hope he can turn us around and get a couple players in jan
UP THE CHERRIES

Chris.H. - 18/12/2017 18:31

"I really don't like the kind of fan who just expects more and better every year. We've improved for eight years, but so many glory hunters can't wait for any kind of blip to begin questioning whether Eddie is the right person for the job"

Two and a half years ago I bumped into your daughter and yourself in the queue for season tickets and we remarked on the fact that large numbers of those present had never really seen us lose, not more than the odd game or two anyway.

This so much. My son is 11 and only ever seen the good times really starting with the -17 season as his first.

How many current ticket holding fans have ever seen a relegation season?

Through good times and bad times we follow our team the song goes but many don’t even know what the real bad times are.

If you want someone to keep us up, then there is someone living in Bmth who could do just that and is available , Tony pulis. However I would rather get relegated and keep Eddie. I hope the Board keep their nerve. Swansea sacked monk too soon, Charlton did likewise too and there are many other examples. Burnley stood by dyche and were rewarded after going down.

Ps I would add supporters need to look at themselves too...the home atmosphere is crap at the moment

lofty1971 - 18/12/2017 17:17

This so much. My son is 11 and only ever seen the good times really starting with the -17 season as his first.

Through good times and bad times we follow our team the song goes but many don’t even know what the real bad times are.

I understand what your saying and I’ve been there but it’s doesnt mean a newer fans opinions are less valid just because they were not there when we were lower league

wayne189 - 18/12/2017 22:20

lofty1971 - 18/12/2017 17:17

I understand what your saying and I’ve been there but it’s doesnt mean a newer fans opinions are less valid just because they were not there when we were lower league

Aye I get that but it’s about experience. If you’ve not been through a relegation season how do you know what to do?

The right thing is to get behind the team and support more than ever. The wrong thing to do is get on at the team or individual players and stop singing or encouraging.

I agree we must get behind them and hope that in jan we get what we need in new players a dm and a cm and play with 3 in the middle I really think that will allow Cook to create more when we have protection in the middle

;