Down with Eddie....or.....??

AFCBade - 18/12/2017 22:20

Ps I would add supporters need to look at themselves too...the home atmosphere is crap at the moment

This.

I don't want eddie sacked, full stop.

however I wouldn't mind seeing the back of about 5,000 of our 'supporters'

JCLs out!

wallmth - 18/12/2017 22:01

If we drop down the leagues and end up on minus 17 I would still want Eddie as our manager . We will never have a manager again that loves the club like he does .
Having said that if I want to be critical of some of his decisions I will be ,regardless of what some of the paragons of virtue on here think.

I'm relieved to say that the owners our club will never ever let that happen!

CherryBare - 18/12/2017 21:20

bog_standard - 18/12/2017 21:07

I'm not suggesting sack eddie just yet. I've been supporting the team for way over 30 years, so im not some jcl. AND IT'S ONLY AN OPINION, did I not make that clear? and to say I'm not liked because of it and say I'm some sort of glory hunter for just for having an opinion, beggers belief.
Just yet, think the answer is never! 3 promotions, did Burnley sack Sean dyche? It to be honest beggars belief that someone who claims to have supported the team for 30 years suggests this!
What do so called supporters expect? Nice easy top half of table finish with no relegation fears every season? It's not going to happen, I'm afraid, personally I've supported the team for 40 years, and struggling in the premier league is no worse frustrating than struggling in div1, but standard of football is a little better.

Your a joke mate if you think eddie howes unsackable, no one should be bigger than the club and sean dyche didn't have 3 seasons in the premiership to put it right. We'll see what happens anyway, I really hope for a better second half to the season so this becomes immaterial

bog_standard - 18/12/2017 18:10

I'm not suggesting sack eddie just yet. I've been supporting the team for way over 30 years, so im not some jcl. AND IT'S ONLY AN OPINION, did I not make that clear? and to say I'm not liked because of it and say I'm some sort of glory hunter for just for having an opinion, beggers belief.
Just yet, think the answer is never! 3 promotions, did Burnley sack Sean dyche? It to be honest beggars belief that someone who claims to have supported the team for 30 years suggests this!
What do so called supporters expect? Nice easy top half of table finish with no relegation fears every season? It's not going to happen, I'm afraid, personally I've supported the team for 40 years, and struggling in the premier league is no worse frustrating than struggling in div1, but standard of football is a little better.

Your a joke mate if you think eddie howes unsackable, no one should be bigger than the club and sean dyche didn't have 3 seasons in the premiership to put it right. We'll see what happens anyway, I really hope for a better second half to the season so this becomes immaterial

100% agree NO ONE is bigger than the club and the club comes first not EH who was happy to leave us remember .

Sounds like some on here think we are bottom of the league and challenging Derby for the lowest points total in Premier League history!

bog_standard - 18/12/2017 23:10

He's had three seasons to "put it right"? Are you using EH's success as an example of why he's no good? Have the last two season's decent finishes been despite EH not putting it right?

This 'new manager bounce' thing. Haven't we had a 'same manager bounce' 9 years in a row? My point is that whilst no-one is unsackable or beyond criticism, I feel EH deserves at least one or two dips and chances to learn even more.

I certainly don’t wish Eddie to leave, but I sometimes fear that like certain players, the Championship is the limit of his tactical nouse.

He is still well behind the tactical awareness of the majority of current PL managers. And he remains too faithful to his 'old guard'.

tednphil - 19/12/2017 09:19

I certainly don’t wish Eddie to leave, but I sometimes fear that like certain players, the Championship is the limit of his tactical nouse.

He is still well behind the tactical awareness of the majority of current PL managers. And he remains too faithful to his 'old guard'.

"Still well behind the tactical awareness of the majority of current PL managers"

Mmm... 24 PL managers have already been sacked since we achieved PL status.

The current 19 include the like of Hughes, Clement, Pardew, Pellegrino, Benitez, Puel & Hodgson

Surely we cannot expect that a Pep Guardiola, Antonio Conte, Wenger, Klopp Pochettino or Mouriniho would ever consider AFCB which leaves a handful of others including the likes of big Sam (although granted very good tactical nouse) personally I wouldn't want him anywhere near Dean Court.

So I am unsure who the majority are, Eddie has surpassed all expectations, we were according to all bookies and pundits favourite to go straight back down "Here for a season" chant springs to mind.

The only Managers currently in demand are Silva & Dyche

Winsor Cherry - 19/12/2017 10:07

So I am unsure who the majority are, Eddie has surpassed all expectations, we were according to all bookies and pundits favourite to go straight back down "Here for a season" chant springs to mind.

Actually we weren't. We were odds on to stay up with the bookies and very few pundits tipped us to go down. In fact some were saying ourselves and Watford were 2 of the best sides to be promoted in recent times.

It doesn't mean your general point is wrong but we shouldn't rewrite history either.

bog_standard - 18/12/2017 23:10

Three seasons to 'put it right'... :hihi:... Honestly you read some absolute drivel on message boards but these pathetic ramblings might just have raised the bar.

RobTrent - 19/12/2017 09:41

Did you feel that last year tnp? Genuine question.

At times during the season, yes I did. I was delighted with our finish, but as said on another thread, a lot of other results went our way to elevate us to a slightly false position. A position I thought we could push on from, but most opposition managers this season have out-thought Eddie.
He has become too predictable.

I still love him as our manager though.

Throw multiple millions at a manager to buy the very best and even an average one can look good. Given what's been spent here, despite what other managers say, we have some good players. Some weeding out needs to be done and heads must rule over hearts. A decent spend during January would be nice, but is there anyone out there we can get?

wayne189 - 18/12/2017 23:15

bog_standard - 18/12/2017 18:10

100% agree NO ONE is bigger than the club and the club comes first not EH who was happy to leave us remember .

So what exactly has Eddie done to deserve the sack? Still ask the question who would you want in his place, that we could realistically attract, Pulis?
Glad you guys have no say in running the club. We are punching way above our weight, as a guy said on 606, this is only our 8th season in our history outside the 3rd & 4th tier. 5 under Eddie, every season higher than last. Ok I think we're unlikely to finish higher than 9th this season, something teams like west brom haven't managed
No one's not sackable but eddies pretty close to it

So.....
We get involved in a relegation crisis.
Sack Eddie.
And bring in the type of manager who has a reputation for keeping teams up in The Premier League.
Someone like......ermmmm ........

Tony Pulis :grin: :grin: :grin:

Hmmmm Eddie to stay please.

Eddie is limited against the top teams.

His philosophy would work if he had the players to compete.

He is as stubborn as a mules ass and thinks he can develop players year on year to be the best they can be.

This is proven by his reluctance to sign foreigners.

When you reach the top of the game you can’t develop players, because you simply do t have time to do so.

If we stay up we need to sign some players whose names end in INO, or some exotic sounding squad players like INI’s ESTA’s or INHIOS or VICS

Lord Snooty - 19/12/2017 06:04

So.....
We get involved in a relegation crisis.
Sack Eddie.
And bring in the type of manager who has a reputation for keeping teams up in The Premier League.
Someone like......ermmmm ........

Tony Pulis :grin: :grin: :grin:

Why do You say Pulis is he the only manager in the world available? I hope howe turns it around but I’m not as confident this season as I was the last couple. And as to why any of u think howe is bigger than the club I don’t get. I know he has helped us immensely and brought up from nothing but all good things end and in football they don’t end well. For many of you who would rather go down than even contemplate a new manager look and Pompey and a few others who have struggled big time. Howe had no problem leaving us in the past

I believe we have supporters now who don't even realise Pulis has already played for and managed us!

Honestly, I am still not 100% sure about the original question, what I would prefer. I'd love to think, if we did go down and kept Eddie, we would do a Burnley and come back up, even stronger. But if I was offered the chance to stay at this level for many years to come with a different manager, I'd be tempted. Just being honest as I want the new stadium to happen and I want all the young new fans we now have to stay for life. I don't really want to go back to a club with 4/5k fans and all the kids wearing 'big club' shirts in town and even worse, going to see the Stains!

Down with Eddie or sack him now is the insinuation.

He’d be off like a rat up a drain pipe if we got relegated to a ‘better’ club.

;