Eddie Howe

Do you think Eddie should go

• Total voters
I seem to remember we scored an extraordinarily high percentage of our goals from set pieces in the early part of the season. The 0-0 draws with Norwich and Watford didn’t look too damaging at the time as the point gained kept us up in the top half.

Looking back the warning signs were there. Dread to think where we’d be without our set piece goals.

That draw with Norwich was a shocker - created nothing against a side with no recognised centre halfs and an early sign of what was to come ...

It’s not an obsession with the olden days, but at least we often saw players giving a toss despite the fact that their skills were limited.

As for your pathetic sarcasm further down, nobody is seriously saying that Pugh and Pitman should be brought back, but you can’t blame people from harking back to players who gave us joy when you compare to the current shower.

And would I rather be in a league we have a chance of success in or not? I’d thought over the last four years that the PL was still the place to be, but I’ve absolutely hated this season.

But however bad it’s been, I still think we owe Eddie a chance to get us back up if he wants the challenge. Talk of sacking him smacks of complete short-termism and a total lack of gratitude for someone who’s given me most of the top ten football days of my life

As for your pathetic sarcasm further down, nobody is seriously saying that Pugh and Pitman should be brought back, but you can’t blame people from harking back to players who gave us joy when you compare to the current shower.

You obviously don't spend much time listening to the fans at games, or Social Media then!! And calling it pathetic, is as stupid as the ones who go on about plastic fans etc. All fans are plastic, just because you don't shout loudly on here about going to games at York City, doesn't make you any less of a fan!!

Short termism isn't the way no, but to look past whats happened the past 18 months, looking at players he's stuck with and others who've been cast aside, looking at his man management skills with certain players, why isn't he under more pressure?

Pathetic is harking back to the good old days and looking at life through rose tinted specs constantly!

Yeah Yeah because we have a god given right to be in the PL haven't we?....fck the manager who got us here.... lets get someone better in...

No maybe put Eddie under some pressure as opposed to the free pass afforded to the team, certain players and the manager! Talk in January was of the possibility of a take over, would you all have camped out if the new owner had sacked him after the past 3 games?

That draw with Norwich was a shocker - created nothing against a side with no recognised centre halfs and an early sign of what was to come ...

Yes - the Norwich game was the pits. I left thinking Eddie had lost the plot. It was also clear that Fraser had "left the building". We've not recovered from that dreadful spell and the malaise that spread through the squad.

I can write messages on here....but I cant vote??? Why??...anyway I want EH gone...no one can forget what he has achieved...but the last 18 months have shown that change is needed

I can’t agree with those that say this is our most talented squad. Compared to our Championship team I would say yes to Ake, Brooks and Ramsdale. Yann is better than any of his replacements. Surman & Arter are a more effective pair than Lerma & Billing. Ritchie / Francis & Pugh / Daniels were also more effective than our current pairings. Our problem has been recruitment. For example Ibe had talent but not a football brain, so a nightmare to try and play with.

Don't worry everyone.

When Eddie does leave one day with all his backroom staff (oh sorry I forgot, mates) & transforms another clubs fortunes, we'll be left with some out of work dinosaur or a foreign manager we've never heard of in charge to see us alright.

Yeah a real exciting prospect to look forward to.

I want to keep Eddie for a whole host of reasons and on top of all that I agree whole heartedly with Northbourne...... think of the replacement!

I’m not saying that I agree with all that Eddie does and he could do no wrong but he loves and respects the club like no other manager would.
Think of some of the best managers over the decades. Did they never make mistakes? Did they have personalities that rub some people up? Did they always believe in their way being the right way? ......

Don't worry everyone.

When Eddie does leave one day with all his backroom staff (oh sorry I forgot, mates) & transforms another clubs fortunes, we'll be left with some out of work dinosaur or a foreign manager we've never heard of in charge to see us alright.

Yeah a real exciting prospect to look forward to.
I don’t want Eddie to go but why assume the worst? You may be right of course as it’s happenned to some clubs but there’s also the option he stays and comes back up like Dyche or he leaves and we get a really good manager who uses the parachute payments well.

Swansea thought their world was over when Martinez left but Rodgers was an equally good manager.

Think more positively.

The manager was being suggested as a future england manager so would need replacing at some time.

The board should have a list of possible replacements should the worst happen.

He needs to stay.... leaving after relegation isn't right if he's not going to leave ahead of it and give us a chance of staying up with someone else - especially due to the signings and 'back up' players we have giving us a decent chance of bouncing back if we go down.

Things need to change though. Don't know whats gone wrong but i'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, what we're doing now in't his style and we can all see it. Whether is signings, coaching, backroom staff, a few bad egos causing problems - but if he's not going to sort it or realise it then it's a waste of time.

It's like he's listened to Souness on Sky Sports they way we're playing.

If a few egos are the problem, then as i've said elsewhere - send them to train alone, all of them, and see out their contract - I wouldn't hold it against him and I expect 99% of fans wouldn't either if we never seen them again in the shirt..

I feel he has to go I am not happy with the team he has chosen I feel we need a change and this is where we start I am angry and I have never been so annoyed about Bournemouth for ages I feel he has to go

What's everyone else opinion

I'm not going to be a dick to you. You're hurting, I get that.

But I'd ask why haven't you been annoyed and hurt for so long. It might just be because of the man you're showing so much shade at.

I don’t want Eddie to go but why assume the worst? You may be right of course as it’s happenned to some clubs but there’s also the option he stays and comes back up like Dyche or he leaves and we get a really good manager who uses the parachute payments well.

Swansea thought their world was over when Martinez left but Rodgers was an equally good manager.

Think more positively.

It’s the worry though.
I get what your saying, and my concern on the replacement front is definitely of a negative mindset which I know is not healthy or necessarily going to play true, but once the parachute payments have gone the club has no attraction when compared to its peers.

If Eddie sadly goes ..I'd reluctantly pray we get Dyche or similar after seeing our defence shredded and pulverised every which weekend.
Then we could have;
15 × One Nil wins and
10 × 0-0 draws ..would be fine for a season at least...55 points in either the PL or Championship....better than this embarrassment.........
...If...Eddie goes ! We would have his Memorable History to savour on film when we felt like it ......and a New Stable Era to get to grips with.

I preferred it when we used to go out to outscore the opposition, rather than not concede and hope we could get something on the break. When football was actually an entertainment business.

Sadly, the OVERWELMING MAJORITY of posters that continuously complained we let in too many goals got in Eddie's ear.:throw::thumbup:

Oxford or Wycombe, here we come - it's been a while...

Anyone on here NOT been to two grounds at one or both of them? That could answer who will still be on here in a year or two. :bag:

:utc::toot:

I preferred it when we used to go out to outscore the opposition, rather than not concede and hope we could get something on the break. When football was actually an entertainment business.

Sadly, the OVERWELMING MAJORITY of posters that continuously complained we let in too many goals got in Eddie's ear.:throw::thumbup:

Oxford or Wycombe, here we come - it's been a while...

Anyone on here NOT been to two grounds at one or both of them? That could answer who will still be on here in a year or two. :bag:

:utc::toot:

You missed Northampton :D

;