Eddie Mitchell latest

He was part of a large ‘team’ including our fans who over the years kept the heart of our club ticking.

This went right back to that night at the Winter Gardens, where the club was slowly brought back ‘to life’.

It then had a number of scares, but with some ‘tender care and major surgery’, it has gone from strength to strength.

Going back to Eddie Mitchell, he was saved by an off duty doctor who happened to be in the shop.

On Dorset Solent this week they mentioned how a Cherries fan was driving home last year from the AFCB v Burnley game and fell ill at the wheel and stopped his car in the middle of the road. He had a cardiac arrest and was saved by passers by who managed to get him out of the car and with the help of a member of the emergency services who was on the phone, talked and told one of the passers on how to do cpr. Then another member of the public who worked in a care home and new first aid carried on cpr until the emergency services arrived.

They also interviewed the chap who was saved and he is fit and well now.

The whole event was played over the radio as the dash cam recorded the whole incident.

This all came up because they are having a campaign on people learning to do cpr in case of such an event.

Last edited:
Lucky guy. Good luck to him. As others have said, he was a vital component in AFCB's survival and the thriving team (company!!) it is now.

I visited a customers house in Colehill yesterday, was one of the very first Seven Developments properties built apparently. They had it from new, and commented how perfectly it had been made - not a single problem.

Just to echo some of the comments... The guy had/has a lot of faults, however, there is no denying he was crucial to getting 'things done' at the club, be they the small 'tarting up the ground' things, or the big 'money investment', which we now are all benefiting from.

There is absolutely no question, we would be nowhere close to what we are now, without Eddie Mitchel's input of cash and 'get it done' attitude.

Hope he gets better...

Admitingly not everyone's cup of tea but it was Eddie's standards around the ground that dragged it from its previous rotting structure to one that set demands on all that were employed at the club. Be it the notorious car park improvements, general maintenance around the ground and the expansion to the club shop, all were driven by Eddie. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Whilst I’m not a fan of EM’s, I honestly think that if he were involved today that the new stadium would be up, the training ground sorted, and more importantly, the supporters would have been kept advised of progress, instead of waiting for comment and absolutely nothing coming back from all the enquiries made in this respect.

The petty cash might be missing a few quid also, but heck, there’s always a price to pay!

Whilst I’m not a fan of EM’s, I honestly think that if he were involved today that the new stadium would be up, the training ground sorted, and more importantly, the supporters would have been kept advised of progress, instead of waiting for comment and absolutely nothing coming back from all the enquiries made in this respect.

The petty cash might be missing a few quid also, but heck, there’s always a price to pay!

Completely agree. Bit of a loose cannon but at least sh*t got done when he was around.

The club now absolutely miss his dynamic and have gone backwards massively in this respect.

Going back to Eddie Mitchell, he was saved by an off duty doctor who happened to be in the shop.

On Dorset Solent this week they mentioned how a Cherries fan was driving home last year from the AFCB v Burnley game and fell ill at the wheel and stopped his car in the middle of the road. He had a cardiac arrest and was saved by passers by who managed to get him out of the car and with the help of a member of the emergency services who was on the phone, talked and told one of the passers on how to do cpr. Then another member of the public who worked in a care home and new first aid carried on cpr until the emergency services arrived.

They also interviewed the chap who was saved and he is fit and well now.

The whole event was played over the radio as the dash cam recorded the whole incident.

This all came up because they are having a campaign on people learning to do cpr in case of such an event.

Know the lad from the care home, polish lad, he and his wife stopped when they saw the commosion.

Told him, " coming over here, taking our jobs, saving passersby".........

It's not about understanding or knowing, it's about caring. I don't. I don't care. About your business dealings with EM, nor about any grudges you bear towards him

When he was taking over you warned us all off, and you did that with complete sincerity, based on your previous experiences of him, however despite acting a knob a few times, he left the club in a better position than he found it. As to the reasons for his departure from the club, we all know how to read between the lines on that one, and we all have, but he can't affect the club anymore, and if you win 100 and spend another 10 you're still 90 up

My point was running around telling us lot how much you hate him, you hope he dies, and you'll dance a jig when he does, well that doesn't help you or us. Go and tell him, tell Tom, get if off your chest lad, see it'll mean something to them, so you might find it cathartic. Shouting to us is p1ssing in the wind

Aaawww....have you sent out a little message to let someone know how hard done by your family have been......... £30,000 wasn't it ?......as you say cobblers

;