Eddie Mitchell latest

Jumping in here. We all love Eddie (Howe) yes? For one moment, imagine how Eddie would respond to someone who he had strong feelings about but was critically ill, I suspect it would be along the lines of everyone in the club wishes him a speedy recovery.
Please, if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.

for what its worth (not much), I don't agree with your view

I think my views on EM are pretty well known and I have no intention of clogging up this thread with them.

At the end of the day EM is somebody's husband, dad , brother etc.

I for one can only wish him a speedy recovery; if only so that he can log on here and read the vitriol that I'll post when he's well again.

I don’t think you did post that Al.
However the video of Celebration certainly shows your feelings along with the wording in your other posts.

Its a double edged sword . Lets also not forget some of his close family are still an intrinsic part of the club.

I must admit when I read this story my first thought was how bloody amazing are our doctors / paramedics and surgeons. Similar happened to a close relative of mine recently and I'm amazed at the care they received and the expertise administered in saving this guys life.

Its a double edged sword . Lets also not forget some of his close family are still an intrinsic part of the club.

I must admit when I read this story my first thought was how bloody amazing are our doctors / paramedics and surgeons. Similar happened to a close relative of mine recently and I'm amazed at the care they received and the expertise administered in saving this guys life.
I guess luckily for some people doctors and paramedics are not selective on who they help.

A life is a life no matter what and they will do anything to keep that person alive.

Vastly underrated and underpaid group of people for what they do.

I don’t think you did post that Al.
However the video of Celebration certainly shows your feelings along with the wording in your other posts.

To lift a statement from the echo:
"He had open-heart surgery at Southampton Hospital this week and remains under sedation in the critical cardiac care ward."
Then someone on our forum posts many times & includes the Video Celebration it's definitely a new low point as far as I am concerned.

Eddie Mitchell and his family deserve our full support in this time. Believe me undergoing open heart surgery is no joke and no one should be celebrating that another human being and their close relatives are undergoing such a worrying and for EM painful and frightening experience.

I don't have particularly positive memories of EM's time in charge and I'm sure there were a number of things that he did that many of us would disapprove of.... but cardiac arrest (twice) and open heart surgery is not something to celebrate. I am saddened that this thread has become so vitriolic and antagonistic towards a fellow human being whose life currently hangs in the balance.

Eddie Mitchell and his family deserve our full support in this time. Believe me undergoing open heart surgery is no joke and no one should be celebrating that another human being and their close relatives are undergoing such a worrying and for EM painful and frightening experience.

I don't have particularly positive memories of EM's time in charge and I'm sure there were a number of things that he did that many of us would disapprove of.... but cardiac arrest (twice) and open heart surgery is not something to celebrate. I am saddened that this thread has become so vitriolic and antagonistic towards a fellow human being whose life currently hangs in the balance.

Fair comments.

EM hadn't a clue how to handle either people or money, and knew very little about football judging by his falling out with EH and the later appointment of Paul Groves.
It was the best news for AFCB when EM left the club.

I have been 3 weeks unconscious in hospital intensive care following heart surgery this summer, so I do know what he and his family is going through, but I will not praise this man because I am sure that when the surgeons opened his heart they would not have found AFCB emblazoned across it, as he had no love for the club whatsoever.

EM hadn't a clue how to handle either people or money, and knew very little about football judging by his falling out with EH and the later appointment of Paul Groves.
It was the best news for AFCB when EM left the club.

I have been 3 weeks unconscious in hospital intensive care following heart surgery this summer, so I do know what he and his family is going through, but I will not praise this man because I am sure that when the surgeons opened his heart they would not have found AFCB emblazoned across it, as he had no love for the club whatsoever.

Very pleased to hear you got through heart surgery successfully - such a worrying time.

I also won't be singing EM's praises... but I will be hoping he makes a full recovery for himself and his family.

Not one of you knows what went on when Mitchell was running, or trying to run the club.

Seriously...If only you did know.

Al, I don't know everything I'll admit that chap, many of us won't, but some of your posting on here is a bit distasteful. EM has a family and I believe he did the best he could for this club admittedly he made various mistakes but that doesn't make him a bad person.

He's no longer involved with this club. That should be good enough for you Al. You don't have to post what you have including that Kool and The Gang song

I thought he was quite entertaining when at the club.

The mid pitch rant when he’d had a few sherbets and offering the bloke out in the brown leather jacket and bulgy eyes was gold.

I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

;