Emiliano Marcondes

Excellent move for him if he keeps injury free and can establish a starting place could be a great signing.Never got going with us mainly through injury and also finding his best position within a strong squad.Not the bravest but has unquestionable talent.

What is his strongest position?

Does he lack pace?

What is his strongest position?

Does he lack pace?
Attacking midfield he’s not quick enough to play as a winger but comfortable elsewher.He joined us as a striker but that didn’t work always best to talk about what players are good at and he’s a very clever player who can pick out a pass and score the occasional wonder goal.Scott Parker would know how best set the side up to fit him in I would think as he’s seen him play enough.

Attacking midfield he’s not quick enough to play as a winger but comfortable elsewher.He joined us as a striker but that didn’t work always best to talk about what players are good at and he’s a very clever player who can pick out a pass and score the occasional wonder goal.Scott Parker would know how best set the side up to fit him in I would think as he’s seen him play enough.

So an out and out number ten or attacking centre midfielder in a two? Must play in a three? What do you think? Where did he have his best games for you?

So an out and out number ten or attacking centre midfielder in a two? Must play in a three? What do you think? Where did he have his best games for you?
Number 10 would be a more accurate description I haven’t checked his stats but would think he played more times as a sub.Would add he’s getting lots of positives from our fans mainly due to his performances in this years play offs.

Parker's preferred formation at Fulham seems to have been 3-4-2-1.

Assuming Parker replicates that here and assuming Danjuma leaves, Solanke plays up front and that Billing and Marcondes play in the two places behind him, is that going to be sufficient to generate enough goals to get us promoted?

Assuming Parker replicates that here and assuming Danjuma leaves, Solanke plays up front and that Billing and Marcondes play in the two places behind him, is that going to be sufficient to generate enough goals to get us promoted?
The answer to that question is obviously no. .....Parker tends to play either 4231 or as you say 3421 .... hopefully he'll play the former more often than the latter!.....but whatever formation we play we are going to need a goalscorer or two to replace Danjuma and possibly Stan.

If he wants to play that here then he needs to buy a couple of wingbacks who can play the role.

The answer to that question is obviously no. .....Parker tends to play either 4231 or as you say 3421 .... hopefully he'll play the former more often than the latter!.....but whatever formation we play we are going to need a goalscorer or two to replace Danjuma and possibly Stan.
If they leave.

Right side already ok for that... maybe we ll go back in for Ritchie... again.
Stacey could play it for sure. We’d need another though. Actually think Zemura could be back up on the left side. Ritchie would not be worth the wages imo. Striker should be the priority.

That's were JT fell down with that formation although tbf he wasn't afforded the luxury of signing anyone at the start of last season.
Yes, the wing backs are the most important part of the formation. JT biggest mistake was playing Smith at LWB, completely negating the threat down that side. Needs to be an overlapper.

From a dyed in the wool Brentford friend:

"He's a weird one. I really liked him, but he was never consistently in our side. He played well during the playoffs this year (and last year too!) so was perhaps more of a big game player. Don't think he was ever injured, just guess he never fitted in with managers plans... I think he will be excellent for you. I hope so!"

Interview today he states that he never actually played in his preferred position at Brentford as a number 10, always playing deeper as an 8. So to be getting any number of positive reviews at all is promising. Very much sees himself as a 10.

;