England cricket

Bloody hell that must have given some of those Lords members a heart attack - 2.5 runs an over, what is the game coming to! I blame those damn foreigners, come over here scoring quick runs. Actually thats another amazing thing, all those names are very white English sounding. How the game has changed for the better.

Bloody hell that must have given some of those Lords members a heart attack - 2.5 runs an over, what is the game coming to! I blame those damn foreigners, come over here scoring quick runs. Actually thats another amazing thing, all those names are very white English sounding. How the game has changed for the better.
Indeed. When I started following the game the only 3 sides who were anything like competitive were England, Australia and South Africa. The shockwaves that went round the game when England picked Basil d’Oliveira. The West Indies team of the 70’s and 80’s broke the mould, then Pakistan and India, always dangerous on their own tracks started to become global players, eventually joined by Sri Lanka.
My first Hampshire team ironically had two West Indians, Danny Livingstone who was black and Roy Marshall who was white.

I loved last season's hundred. Don't get much cricket if you don't have Sky Sports. Pretty sure I didn't miss a game (either gender). Looking forwards to this season's shows.

I loved last season's hundred. Don't get much cricket if you don't have Sky Sports. Pretty sure I didn't miss a game (either gender). Looking forwards to this season's shows.

Agree - very much hope the Brave do well, but have booked tickets to see Superchargers at the Oval on a Friday night to get the full Hundred experience. Should be lively.

I think that having to play cricket for Scotland is like a combination of Stoke and Millwall doing Strictly Come Dancing. Doesn't seem right to me!

Ireland knock out West Indies, Scotland trying to do the same to Zimbabwe.

And they say the tournament doesn’t really start until tomorrow…

Zim have been in dire straits for the past 7 or 8 years, even losing to the likes of Singapore. Qualifying here would represent a massive turnaround.

;