England Squad

If Newcastle sack Eddie end of season I think he's the natural choice who else would? Yeah theres a few better foreign managers out there but they aren't going to take the England job.
We were laughing about this in the pub. Talking about how great he’d be in the job and then someone said ‘imagine if he still plays Dan Burn at left back’

Probably better than Chilwell.
I think Chilwell is actually a great player, he's not an Ashley Cole level but who is and his day a great LB who has won a CL and has experience, I think people don't like him for his injury problems, his ego or whatever but he is a proper winging LB with experience of glory.

He was the worse player on the pitch this evening.
He's a good player though mate,just recently come back from another injury, same as Luke Shaw, he's closest attack LB we have had since Ashley, and he;s managed by Southgate
Rashford has been bad this season but he will make the squad because on his day he can produce and I admit he;s better than our Dom and Watkins.

He's a good player though mate,just recently come back from another injury, same as Luke Shaw, he's closest attack LB we have had since Ashley, and he;s managed by Southgate
Rashford has been bad this season but he will make the squad because on his day he can produce and I admit he;s better than our Dom and Watkins.
Have to say I’ve never rated Rashford. Maybe that’s why I’m not the England manager.:innocent:

I think Chilwell is actually a great player, he's not an Ashley Cole level but who is and his day a great LB who has won a CL and has experience, I think people don't like him for his injury problems, his ego or whatever but he is a proper winging LB with experience of glory.
Limited club game time as well, so that might might help explain his poor finishing.

It's like everyone knowing that the squads half decent, but the manager wants to bore everyone to death and nick a goal.

Gary O'Neil, may well be the best replacement for Gareth Southgrate.

Just awful football, didn't even go for it in a friendly.

At least the old cart horse has his blessing, Harry McGuire has stated......blah blah blah.

The England team is a shambles and needs a new manager.

A friendly is a time to really have a go, change tactics, or do something different.

Southgate did nothing.

He;s never been a finisher and quite the let down at times but he will definitely go because versatile in the forward positions,

Yeah never considered rashford a spearhead or 'predator to lead the lind the line

Inverted winger or supplementary central forward player.

The fact the likes of Toney are anywhere near the conversation shows what a dearth of strikers we currently have.

He's West Ham level at best.

Ivan Toney has been off the game for God knows how long, shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.

Solanke shouldn't be anywhere near it either.he probably had a 5 game window to put himself amongst it.

Didn't lay a glove.

Agree mate.

We seem to have plenty of inverted wingers/amc's, but if we lose kane, we looked f*cked tbh

2nd rate striker optiins at elite tier level... bejind kane.

There was a time under GS where we were playing an exciting, fast-paced 4-3-3 system and it was looking really good.
now he seems to have too many attacking options , and as a cautious manager he does not know what to do with them.

;