Everton, Arsenal, West Ham...

If your own squad is not hitting potential and people leave you and get better it has to be a talking point surely? Or am I still talking tosh?

Again....I don't think Mings has got any better.....and you are basing the whole discussion on Lys having half a dozen good games somewhere else.

Again....I don't think Mings has got any better.....and you are basing the whole discussion on Lys having half a dozen good games somewhere else.
You don’t think Mings has looked impressive at Villa and for England? Southgate made a mistake? Genuine q

I'm not asking for a detailed explanation but some outline of Eddie's thinking would be helpful. In the past he's explained his preference for certain styles of play ... what so strange now is that recent tactics are inconsistent with the approach that's brought us success. Most important (I'm boring myself saying this) why play two in midfield when it's a guarantee we'll lose the ball and pressure the defence?? What's the logic?

He has answered this, I’ve heard him. He feels that an extra forward gives us more options up front and we can look a little short of goalscoring options and too deliberate with passing around the box without it. Up until five games ago, while I didn’t agree, I couldn’t argue with the goals for column. He will be looking at it I imagine as to whether it is individual form or the system.

The main question id love to ask is why we changed from possession football to counter attacking as this has nothing to do with formation and everything to do with philosophy. It was such a dramatic change for Eddie and it’s that which is making us a bit dull, for me anyway.

Again it doesn't matter.....the only relevent question is would he get into our side ahead of Ake?
No. Keep asking me though ;)... but he would be in every back three and first choice if either Cook or Ake got injured. Many sides play two same footed centre half’s together. We won the league doing it.

No. Keep asking me though ;)... but he would be in every back three and first choice if either Cook or Ake got injured. Many sides play two same footed centre half’s together. We won the league doing it.
If he could play as a right sided CB he would done.....
Until he pops up playing there for villa or England then we shall have to assume he can't.

You don’t think Mings has looked impressive at Villa and for England? Southgate made a mistake? Genuine q

No, I don't believe he is any better. That isn't me saying he is useless by the way. He has looked eye catching for Villa in the Championship, he had a good first game for England and has had other points where he looks decent.

On the other hand, his second England game he was shaky looking and he has been directly at fault for some of the Villa goals conceded. Some of his positional play is shoddy and I just don't think he's any better or worse than when we had him.

No, I don't believe he is any better. That isn't me saying he is useless by the way. He has looked eye catching for Villa in the Championship, he had a good first game for England and has had other points where he looks decent.

On the other hand, his second England game he was shaky looking and he has been directly at fault for some of the Villa goals conceded. Some of his positional play is shoddy and I just don't think he's any better or worse than when we had him.
Fair enough. I guess I just think defenders will give away goals... Ake has cost us a couple this year and you could write a book on some of Cooks over the years. Like strikers missing chances it’s par for the course. Nobody is claiming Mings is Van Dijk! Personally I think he has improved since he has gone.

If he could play as a right sided CB he would done.....
Until he pops up playing there for villa or England then we shall have to assume he can't.
Or hasn’t had to. Could Ake not play right though if Cook was injured? I bet he could. There are many right footed combinations because of the lack of left footed players that do well.

I'd imagine that if Mings thought he could play as a right sided CB he would've jumped at the chance .....dislodging Cookie would 've seemed a much easier task than replacing the ever present Ake......As for Ake playing right side....who knows.... but again the fact that he hasn't played there at any level suggests its a no.

I'd imagine that if Mings thought he could play as a right sided CB he would've jumped at the chance .....dislodging Cookie would 've seemed a much easier task than replacing the ever present Ake......As for Ake playing right side....who knows.... but again the fact that he hasn't played there at any level suggests its a no.
You are being very literal. Ake hasn’t had to play there because of the huge amount of right footed centre half’s at both here and Holland. What I am saying though is would Cook get injured would you rather have Ake and Mings or Ake and Franno. I’m going for the former.

You are being very literal. Ake hasn’t had to play there because of the huge amount of right footed centre half’s at both here and Holland. What I am saying though is would Cook get injured would you rather have Ake and Mings or Ake and Franno. I’m going for the former.
Personally I'd have Mepham there if cookie got injured but would I play the best player we've ever had out of position to accommodate Mings then its obviously a no....as I've said if Mings' came back now he still wouldn't start for us because both he and Ake appear to be very left sided.......did man city's coaching staff fail David Brooks?....no....they had better options at the time....Did Alex Ferguson fail Carlos Tevez?... No they had better options .....that's just how it is sometimes.... nothing to do with poor coaching...whether they improved after leaving those clubs iis irrelevant.

I think the majority of us on this board could have looked as impressive as Tyrone in his first England match. The opposition played 1 up top and he was hopeless. Tyrone had time to read a book on the loo and still ping passes around.

Fair enough. I guess I just think defenders will give away goals... Ake has cost us a couple this year and you could write a book on some of Cooks over the years. Like strikers missing chances it’s par for the course. Nobody is claiming Mings is Van Dijk! Personally I think he has improved since he has gone.
I don't think it would be hard for Mings to improve since he left us.
1. He hardly ever played and
2. When he did he was poor e.g. Wolves away last season.
I think he looks very average for Villa and I certainly wasn't impressed by him with England.

It’s the bitterness I don’t get. People tripping over themselves to point out how bad he was. Asking who he would play in front of? Well the evidence is that when coached and motivated properly he is better than all of our forwards this season in terms of output. Do we not need a forward with 4 goals and 3 assists in five games? We don’t even have a shot a half hardly these days. People blaming him for not being fit when he was here for three years... they have got him fit.
Then we have people eulogising over how bad Mings is he when he keeps a clean sheet against a team we gifted two goals too with apparently much superior players. Then the same people who say we can’t criticise managers because we don’t have the coaching qualifications say that Southgate doesn’t know what he is doing picking Mings before Cook.

None of this is aimed at you btw, you don’t post this crap. It just makes us look like a bunch of redneck mouth frothers who can’t see anything good outside of our own yard and nothing wrong inside it.
I know mate, and I actually agree with most of that. I am delighted for Mousset, whilst being envious in equal measures. I am less bothered about Mings tbh.

Again it doesn't matter.....the only relevent question is would he get into our side ahead of Ake?
What a ridiculous statement. Of course it matters. Whether he'd get into the team ahead of Ake is irrelevant. What is relevant is that we have quality players pushing our other quality players both in training and fitness. In Ake we have a consummate professional but does that mean we rest on our laurels and let every defender leave because they won't dislodge Ake from the first team or just keep a couple of sub standard players just in case of injury. Top players need top players competing for their place. We don't have that. We have back up players to fill places when the cups come around. Most players want to train , learn and play. At AFCB the getting to play part is a problem. £26m for Mings? No question its a good profit but has it helped the development and strength in depth of our own team in defence? No.

What a ridiculous statement. Of course it matters. Whether he'd get into the team ahead of Ake is irrelevant. What is relevant is that we have quality players pushing our other quality players both in training and fitness. In Ake we have a consummate professional but does that mean we rest on our laurels and let every defender leave because they won't dislodge Ake from the first team or just keep a couple of sub standard players just in case of injury. Top players need top players competing for their place. We don't have that. We have back up players to fill places when the cups come around. Most players want to train , learn and play. At AFCB the getting to play part is a problem. £26m for Mings? No question its a good profit but has it helped the development and strength in depth of our own team in defence? No.
Do really think Mings' is going to sit around and wait for Ake to leave or be content to be a deputy to a player who's never injured or suffers a loss of form....lol now that's ridiculous.....Villa gave Mings' him a chance to play because they didn't have a player better than him.... we did.
It's not a unique problem that only effects AFC Bournemouth you know....every club loses players that they don't want to go due to lack of playing time.....look at a player like Diego Forlan ....became a great player after leaving Utd....still wouldn't have got in utds side ahead of Rooney or Ronaldo though.....as I've said if Mings' came back now he'd still be sat on our bench looking at Ake....he didn't fancy that anymore...can't blame him or the club.

It’s the bitterness I don’t get. People tripping over themselves to point out how bad he was. Asking who he would play in front of? Well the evidence is that when coached and motivated properly he is better than all of our forwards this season in terms of output. Do we not need a forward with 4 goals and 3 assists in five games? We don’t even have a shot a half hardly these days. People blaming him for not being fit when he was here for three years... they have got him fit.
Then we have people eulogising over how bad Mings is he when he keeps a clean sheet against a team we gifted two goals too with apparently much superior players. Then the same people who say we can’t criticise managers because we don’t have the coaching qualifications say that Southgate doesn’t know what he is doing picking Mings before Cook.

None of this is aimed at you btw, you don’t post this crap. It just makes us look like a bunch of redneck mouth frothers who can’t see anything good outside of our own yard and nothing wrong inside it.

It's not about the player it's about you and your completely selective negativity.

Afobe leaves, he's shite, and you bash AFCB constantly for having league one recruitment. Mousset leaves, does well, do you now balance your previous negativity towards our recruitment? No, you find another avenue to bash AFCB.

We are all critical of AFCB at times but ultimately we are fans and biased towards supporting them. You are biased towards bashing them. Constantly. For years on end. With whatever evidence you can muster on any topic. Ignoring all positive things they do.

You absolutely deserve all the grief you get.

It's not about the player it's about you and your completely selective negativity.

Afobe leaves, he's shite, and you bash AFCB constantly for having league one recruitment. Mousset leaves, does well, do you now balance your previous negativity towards our recruitment? No, you find another avenue to bash AFCB.

We are all critical of AFCB at times but ultimately we are fans and biased towards supporting them. You are biased towards bashing them. Constantly. For years on end. With whatever evidence you can muster on any topic. Ignoring all positive things they do.

You absolutely deserve all the grief you get.

To blindly follow, and not question what goes on, does not make you a superior fan.
It makes you a complying sheep...just as the club would like it.

;