Everton Away

...We are down to the bare bones I guess?

Begovic

Clyne
Mings
Cook
Daniels

Ibe
Lerma
Hyndman
Brooks
Pugh

Mousset

Snubs: Boruc / Rico / Stanislas / Taylor / Simpson / Worthington / Surman

Is anyone actually going? Looks like we’ve sold about 400. Lowest ever away attendance for us....?
I was hoping to but Christmas and New years celebrations have smashed the bank balance, any idea of how much tickets we have sold now? I am not feeling overly confident going into this one with our recent defensive record as Everton do have quality up front and do tend to create lots of chances. Having said that tbey are not great at the back either. I am not saying it is a win or lose game but I do believe thaf it is importnat that we get something from this as we could easy be pulled into the scrap at the bottom of the league. If Cardiff beat Hudderdfield who are crap we are only 6 points ahead of them and unfortunately I am expecting Saints to put some results together soon they have looked stronger in recent games.

Last edited:
Guys train during the week. Some get fit, some get injured. Before Watford, some feared that Ake would be out .... he wasn't. L. Cook was injured mid-week. Again, too early to have this conversation.

Believe it or not, some supporters enjoy a dismal stretch of results.
It gives them comfort. They can then enjoy slagging the team off.

I am surprised Eddie would make such comments about keys players if he wants any sort of support to travel. He always says how important the travelling fans are. I think we must be prepared for a side slightly better than the one that turned out for the cup, but not much more.

Didn't Howe indicate that Brighton was too soon for Smith...? "Still not quite right"...

I wouldn't rule out Smith being in contention for the LB birth at Everton. If not Everton, he'll be populating that birth soon. Speaks volumes that our RB will be favoured as LB over Daniels and Rico...

I do like the look of Rico, I just think he hasn't adapted as quick as it was hoped

Didn't Howe indicate that Brighton was too soon for Smith...? "Still not quite right"...

I wouldn't rule out Smith being in contention for the LB birth at Everton
...Smith has been one huge miss for us, I do hope that he is not rushed back like we seem to have done with Gosling (now injured again!)

...Smith has been one huge miss for us, I do hope that he is not rushed back like we seem to have done with Gosling (now injured again!)

Couldn't agree more about him being missed. I think he gets some stick for his defending but he offers us so much in attack and does a decent job defensively.

Sooner he is back the better...

If I hadma
I was hoping to but Christmas and New years celebrations have smashed the bank balance, any idea of how much tickets we have sold now? I am not feeling overly confident going into this one with our recent defensive record as Everton do have quality up front and do tend to create lots of chances. Having said that tbey are not great at the back either. I am not saying it is a win or lose game but I do believe thaf it is importnat that we get something from this as we could easy be pulled into the scrap at the bottom of the league. If Cardiff beat Hudderdfield who are crap we are only 6 points ahead of them and unfortunately I am expecting Saints to put some results together soon they have looked stronger in recent games.

You could be accused of being 'smhinto' by making a realistic like this.

When he first came I thought he looked the business. He's been all over the shop recently so as you say hopefully he's simply struggling with the system.
I actually think he 's hopeless tbh....run's about like a bull in a china shop with absolutely no thought too whats he's actually trying to do.

...We are down to the bare bones I guess?

Begovic

Clyne
Mings
Cook
Daniels

Ibe
Lerma
Hyndman
Brooks
Pugh

Mousset

Snubs: Boruc / Rico / Stanislas / Taylor / Simpson / Worthington / Surman
why would Ake be out injured when he was on the bench Saturday but didn't come on to get injured?

;