Fat lady still not singing

T' Fat One is leaning over into the orchestra pit making arrangements with the conductor, for our funeral dirge ,
Any last minutes interruptions welcome !

Well i walked around Bournemouth on Sunday and there were a lot of fat ladies (well they looked female) but i didnt hear any singing yet :whist:

The premier league experience is, on the whole, a shallow and vain one. Getting there beats being there. Success for most clubs most seasons is 40 points and finishing 17th. The one thing we knew was that we would get relegated. Same as most other clubs.

It was a dream to get there, extraordinary. Never to be forgotten. But it is a horrible place.

Do I want us to stay up? Of course, because I want us to win. It would be another chapter in our extraordinary story. But I won't shed any tears if we go down.

Just after our promotion I had a long conversation with a Sunderland fan, friend of a friend, he was full of it. Saying that once there we would never, as fans, want to leave. I disagreed and bet him £10 we would finish above them. We did.

He also said we'd have to change our squad to have any chance of staying up. I disagreed and said we should stick with the promotion team. We did.

I don't think I am ever feel better at a football match than that first win at West Ham. May well be my best day in this league.

To see that squad do so well meant something. Something special. My one regret is that we didn't see Brett play. They will always have a place in our hearts.

This has been an exceptional journey. Now the next stage starts. A new team. One that can't be built in the premier league. We could have sacked Eddie and got someone else in to keep us up. They would have succeeded probably. Brought some players in and won a couple of games. Then what? The same thing next season.

No, it somehow seems right that we go down with Eddie. Build a new team. The makings of it are there.

First game away to Charlton. That would be great. (Although I think they'll go down). Wherever it is I just hope we can be there.

I can't disagree with most of it either, but......

I've never seen any similar posts embracing the Championship in the last 5 years where we havent been in the bottom 3 with 1 game to go.

Let's be honest, we dont really want to go down, we're just looking for a silver lining in a very dark cloud.

I don't think I am ever feel better at a football match than that first win at West Ham. May well be my best day in this league.

There were some other great ones, the two wins at Newcastle and at Chelsea, down the road in September, as well as home against the same, Arsenal and Brighton and a few others.

However, looking back over the five seasons, the "here for the season" win at Upton Park seems to have an almost magical quality.

There were some great days, 4-3 v Liverpool for example. 3-3 v arsenal.

But West Ham. I went to Liverpool feeling like an imposter. We played well. Did better than I could have hoped. So, went to West Ham really needing and wanting us to win, but not feeling it.

The walk to the ground was special. It felt other worldly. The manner of the win meant something also. The spirit of the previous season was evident.

But the 'big' games that were so anticipated in that first season soon lost their gloss.

46 games. Mid week matches. A chance to build momentum, this league is very stop/start.

Eddie has many talents and skills. He is great at growing players. There isn't time for that in this league. I'd be interested in why he didn't want Ings, he's the finished article.

When we are allowed back the ground will be full every week, as all those who have struggled to get tickets will get them. Tuesday night home to Rotherham in November anyone?

Is tonights game a Training and Rehab session for Moonchester ..I fear it might be.

On the other hand ...are Watford players in a spin about Pearson's departure...one way or another?

But yer man Deeney is about... and has bags of experience of crucial matches.

Will Sterling want to come back to his Favourite Grass next season. .and help that cause tonight?

So many issues you can attach to a football game of this type !

Fate .

Its our best chance ever of beating the Toffees....no big Goodison crowd !
They have nought to play for.....and must be bored sh*tless with this ' restart' .

Late Ming's Own Goal at Wham.

Arsenal give their fans a Thankyou Treat !

Bobs your Dads brother !

Otherwise...its a ' psuedo promotion' to a Better League.

Support the team and whatever league we are in....relegation always hurts from whatever division...but you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Imagine if you were a Man United fan and the expectation that brings each season not to mention all their plastic tourist fans?

No if we drop on Sunday,it will hurt....will I get over it?...of course I always do....for the good times always come back in some shape or form and football is in my blood...

Will I miss VAR.....definite NO
Will I miss being part of the biggest football show on earth....YES

That is all....

;