Fat lady still not singing

I don't want us to be relegated, as it's essentially a failure for AFCB. But it will also remove some of the aspects of the great game which have spoilt the Premier League experience over the past few seasons. Just want the last game to be over & done with - whatever the result.

I can't believe some people think we'll stay up.

After that season, do we deserve to? Seriously?

I don't get this 'deserve' to stay up bollox.

The margins are so fine the Silver handball or the abomination that was the decisions at Burnley or a whole host of others could've seen us comfortably mid table. By your logic half the league should be relegated.

The only measure we use to decide whether a team deserves relegation or not is points at the end of the season. Admittedly it's an unlawful end of the season but a majority chose it.

If Villa manage to stay up there might be a bit of trouble about that goal that wasn't a goal when GLT wasn't working and VAR couldn't be bothered to look at it. It would mean millions to Watford.

After the Events of Sunday:
Whatever the League we are in;
As far as the Forum is concerned.. there is always something to focus on..to get arguing or fantasising about...be wrong about .. learn stuff from others more knowledgeable... or get predictions right.
I do the lot.

Three more clubs will get relegated next term..another Ten or so on the worry beads from the start.. we can still observe and comment on that if we wish to...even have a favourite PL club... I might go for a different one this time if we ain't there. Say Fulham or Brentford , maybe Swansea if any of them make it....

...or...or.. even the Peacocks ... better that than be consumed with jealousy and hate of the buggers...they could even eventually ruffle the feathers of the incumbent Elite.

How's about that then !!!

I don't get this 'deserve' to stay up bollox.

The margins are so fine the Silver handball or the abomination that was the decisions at Burnley or a whole host of others could've seen us comfortably mid table. By your logic half the league should be relegated.

The only measure we use to decide whether a team deserves relegation or not is points at the end of the season. Admittedly it's an unlawful end of the season but a majority chose it.
Exactly this. Was working up a similar response but you got it in one. So many variables, even over the past 5 weeks. Our multiple VAR setbacks; goal line technology not working on first day back; numerous "off the bar" shots that did not fall our way. Earlier in the season, did we deserve Brooksie being out for two operations? Harry being Harry and costing us a season of Kelly? Ake out twice to injury? Chaz out for most of the year?

We have played some exceptionally poor football, this is true. But sport is the ultimate meritocracy. Relegation, as a highly-regarded poster on this forum might say, "is binary". A win on Sunday, a couple of helps from other teams, 17th place, another year in the PL. What we deserve.

On the other hand, 18th position or lower .... a year in the Championship. What we deserve.

[QUOTE="Kudos, post: 390864, member: 825"By your logic half the league should be relegated.

[/QUOTE]

Who said that, I didn't.

Scored 37, conceded 64. I rest my case.

If Villa manage to stay up there might be a bit of trouble about that goal that wasn't a goal when GLT wasn't working and VAR couldn't be bothered to look at it. It would mean millions to Watford.
Watford have been threatening to go legal on this for a while. Think they may be taking advice on there chances of success.

Looking at it from either a meritocracy angle or from morally or good or bad luck aspects ....you cannot really in any year.... just separate two teams in 17th and 18th by ability.. if they are both on the same points with similar goal difference/stats...its just a method of conclusion...to relegate 3 clubs.
The Norwich failures could rip the Championship apart next season and Boscombe, Watford or Villa slip into L1.
Its the inexactness of Football that is its attraction.... I think !

[QUOTE="Kudos, post: 390864, member: 825"By your logic half the league should be relegated.

Who said that, I didn't.

Scored 37, conceded 64. I rest my case.[/QUOTE]
Probably semantics on my part, TC, but I would say that our record on points and GD reflects "underachieving" whereas whether we finish 17th or 18th will, either way, be what we "deserve".

Just think, if it was not for the Covid problem players would be coming back to train for the start of a new season now, do you think it would have finished any better?

Just think, if it was not for the Covid problem players would be coming back to train for the start of a new season now, do you think it would have finished any better?
I think we’d have got more points, but I think our rivals would have done so too. Given the football has been very similar either side of the break with the same problems, it’s difficult to really argue a case we’d have been in a better position.

My understanding is that the Fat Lady was singing outside where the Woolworths store used to be in Boscombe, a van came by , grabbed her. Last thing heard was her screaming “Not Birmingham”! That’s all the information i have. We really need to do something about Boscombe’s crime rate.

The team in 9th has a -9 goal difference. You rested your case prematurely

Conversely Kudos, the bottom 4 have the worst GD, ranging from Norwich's -44 to the -26 or -27 for the other 3. Not great.

Anyway, let's see what happens on Sunday. It's a shame that we dropped so many points since the restart, if we were level on points with Watford and Villa we'd have a much better chance of staying up.

Who said that, I didn't.

Scored 37, conceded 64. I rest my case.
Probably semantics on my part, TC, but I would say that our record on points and GD reflects "underachieving" whereas whether we finish 17th or 18th will, either way, be what we "deserve".[/QUOTE]
Let's see TJ. It's out of the Cherries hands a bit on Sunday.

;