Gary O'Neil

Reckon GON would still be here if he hadn’t fcked about with the last 4 games of the season.
Starting Mepham at right back. Pairing Zabaryni with Kelly for one of them. Moving Kelly to left back and dropping Vina.
Was really odd.
Fine if you are certain of your job and there aren’t about 5 places you could move up, but not when you are essentially still in your probation period. Made him look a bit clueless.
Perhaps. Certainly didn't fill lots of fans with inspiration. Let's put it this way; it gave Bill an excuse to fire him. Might well have happened anyway, though.

I'll be amazed if he gets the job, even more so if he is successful there and I will eat Table's hat if he finishes Wolves above us. Despite all that I wish him well!

Hey, the hat's not for eating but I do have a spare. I'll define success for a "back where they belong club" like Wolves as winning the Champions League (losing finalist isn't hat worthy ) : )

Obviously it'll be the recruitment team's fault. But I will admire the Jupiter-sized brass balls on Neil if he tries to claim that he recognised GON's qualities all along, and that Blake / Hughes are a disgrace for not doing the same.
So I worked close at hand with GON and interviewed Iraola did I? All my views are from a far like everyone elses. If the scenario played out that Wolves appointed GON and they stayed up and we went down whose fault would you say it was out of interest? Genuine question….

If he goes to wolves he will have the PL experience he didn’t have when he managed us. That’s quite a difference. I don’t think he’d be a bad appointment. Very few managers who start the season remain in their jobs til the end. How many got sacked last season? Anyone know off the top of their heads.

So I worked close at hand with GON and interviewed Iraola did I? All my views are from a far like everyone elses. If the scenario played out that Wolves appointed GON and they stayed up and we went down whose fault would you say it was out of interest? Genuine question….

Honestly, I wouldn't say it had to be anyone's fault. A huge amount of what happens in sport is random, especially in terms of results, particularly between competitors of similar strengths. It's entirely possible for Iraola to be a better manager than GON, for us to have a slightly better squad than Wolves, for us to play better than Wolves over the course of the season . . . and then for us to get relegated because of variance. Nobody's fault, just dumb luck.

;