Harry Arter

Would the delay indicate it might be an external party? If it was going to be Purches that could have been wrapped up in a day or so.

Doesn't look like he's in Fulhm's plans anyway.........God i hope he stays.....we lost something when he left.

We didn't.

People have short, selective and rose-tinted memories.

Arter consistently performed poorly and it got so bad that Eddie (probably the loyalist manager in football) dropped him, and for quite a long time.

(Whatever the factors behind it) Harry had ceased to be the player he had once been for us.

He will always be a club legend but sadly, if we're serious about chasing promotion and then staying up, Harry should not be part of our future.

We didn't.

Arter consistently performed poorly and it got so bad that Eddie (probably the loyalist manager in football) dropped him, and for quite a long time.

(Whatever the factors behind it) Harry had ceased to be the player he had once been for us.

He will always be a club legend but sadly, if we're serious about chasing promotion and then staying up, Harry should not be part of our future.

He is a good enough player for the Championship.
I hope he will be part of the squad.

We didn't.

We didn't.

It's true that we all have short selective memories at times ...yourself included it seems.....we all know why Harry was dropped ....to suggest it was down to him 'constantly performing poorly' is extremely disingenuous......he wasn't just dropped for 'quite some time' either....he was dropped for good........
I think we lost the ability to control tempo,,,,to keep possession......a player who could organise .....a player who recycled the ball to feed our wingers with either foot ......the only midfielder that would by-pass our forwards in order to press ...in fact he was the player that led our press....thats something we definitely lost.

Thats how i remember him anyway.....if you don't remember him that way that's fine but tell me what we gained by not having him here?

I think there were a few problems with Harry at PL level.

The first was he was too eager to press. That wasn’t totally his fault because if he had been supported by his team mates it might not have been so bad. The net result however is he compromised the team shape. I believe there was a stat showing he was the most ‘bypassed’ player in the PL.

Eventually his play became more ragged and over aggressive. We know some of the reasons behind this, but when he plays with a calm clear head, he is a far more composed and effective player.

Another problem is despite being two footed, his passing is too slow. From his body position it was obvious which direction his passes would be going and PL defenders could read them too easily.

He played 28 games for a promoted Championship team last season. Even if he’s not first choice, I’d say he still has something to offer at this level. If he is happy to be back here I think his experience could help us.

It's true that we all have short selective memories at times ...yourself included it seems.....we all know why Harry was dropped ....to suggest it was down to him 'constantly performing poorly' is extremely disingenuous......he wasn't just dropped for 'quite some time' either....he was dropped for good........
I think we lost the ability to control tempo,,,,to keep possession......a player who could organise .....a player who recycled the ball to feed our wingers with either foot ......the only midfielder that would by-pass our forwards in order to press ...in fact he was the player that led our press....thats something we definitely lost.

Thats how i remember him anyway.....if you don't remember him that way that's fine but tell me what we gained by not having him here?

Arter admitted himself that his form fell off a cliff after he signed a bumper contract and that's why he eventually got dropped.

That said, like with Begovic, I don't know why anyone would write him off. Give him a chance to prove himself, if he's not good enough then don't play him.

;