Harry Wilson

I had mates from Derby in my lugholes all last season, they were thoroughly impressed. I have this weird position in my head called a centre winger and he seems to fit that bill. Playing well advanced, not a #10 in the sense of linking play and performing magic, but happy to push past a defender and get to the box, decent free kick on him

I saw him play for Wales against Slovakia in March (Wales won 1:0, Brooks and Mepham both played). It was a good Welsh performance.

Wilson didn’t stand out for me particularly because I was more focused on Brooks, Mepham and Bale, who I was seeing live for the first time. However Wilson must have played well because he was one of a very hard working youthful Welsh team that moved the ball crisply in the first half, were very, very fast on the counter attack and dug in to hold onto their win in the second half.

We won’t build a team for the future with loanees. I’d be disappointed if we signed any player on loan, unless in an emergency or otherwise on a loan to buy basis.

I just think someone like Wilson would be fine on loan. As I said before. He brings quality for starters, puts pressure on the likes of Fraser, King etc, helps us bridge the Brooks gap too. If he is successful, who knows, we may get an option to keep him but either way, that does help the team. Also gives time for Kilkenny etc to progress in their own time.

;