Harry Wilson

If Harry Wilson was proven in the Premier League, we wouldn't be in the frame to sign him. That's where we shop. Young, emerging talent with no guarantees (for every Lewis Cook there is a Jordon Ibe), foreign market with risk, or older towards the end of careers (eg Defoe)

Personally I'd love Harry Wilson and I get that if we sign young and British we pay a premium

And ultimately sell for a higher premium, hopefully

Well anything to take credit away from our own coaching staff.

Taking sanctimony to new levels here DJ. Presumably the great work Wimbledon did with manning up Ramsdale is also a criticism of our own coaches. Also the fantastic job we did giving Ake better positional sense was a criticism of Chelsea’s defensive coaches?

Taking sanctimony to new levels here DJ. Presumably the great work Wimbledon did with manning up Ramsdale is also a criticism of our own coaches. Also the fantastic job we did giving Ake better positional sense was a criticism of Chelsea’s defensive coaches?
Ah, irony ;-)

Neil he was only playing football there from 8th August 2015 - 26th September 2015 and then from 19th December 2015 until 6th February 2016.

So a dozen or so weeks.

The rest of the time he was in our treatment room.

Neil he was only playing football there from 8th August 2015 - 26th September 2015 and then from 19th December 2015 until 6th February 2016.

So a dozen or so weeks.

The rest of the time he was in our treatment room.

Ok. The next time (if ever) you bump into either Eddie or Ryan you must ask them to stop mentioning his time at Ipswich as being pivotal to shaping up and realising he needed to diet and get fitter. It’s there mentioning of it that made me aware of it... I didn’t make it up... I’ve not got a clue what happened to him at Ipswich other than the fans liking him.

When Eddie loans players out I don’t think he does it because he feels they get coached better elsewhere.... he does it because they get to play in a tougher environment. Just like we did for Rio etc

Ok. The next time (if ever) you bump into either Eddie or Ryan you must ask them to stop mentioning his time at Ipswich as being pivotal to shaping up and realising he needed to diet and get fitter. It’s there mentioning of it that made me aware of it... I didn’t make it up... I’ve not got a clue what happened to him at Ipswich other than the fans liking him.

When Eddie loans players out I don’t think he does it because he feels they get coached better elsewhere.... he does it because they get to play in a tougher environment. Just like we did for Rio etc

You’ve claimed before that Fraser’s development was down to Mick McCarthy and Ipswich. I just find it odd to focus on the content of a couple of interviews about a very short period of time (in which they both were hardly going to say anything negative) and ignore the possible hundreds of interviews about his entire time at afcb.

But seeing as I’m not likely to bump into either Howe or Fraser and if I did I’m not going to lead with “can you settle a discussion I’m having with Neil Dawson on Vitals...”

I’ve googled the diet interview. You won’t be surprised to realise that it was not McCarthy...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/20/bournemouth-ryan-fraser-eddie-howe-pep-guardiola

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....an-fraser-dinner-bournemouth-boss-6389178.amp

You’ve claimed before that Fraser’s development was down to Mick McCarthy and Ipswich. I just find it odd to focus on the content of a couple of interviews about a very short period of time (in which they both were hardly going to say anything negative) and ignore the possible hundreds of interviews about his entire time at afcb.

But seeing as I’m not likely to bump into either Howe or Fraser and if I did I’m not going to lead with “can you settle a discussion I’m having with Neil Dawson on Vitals...”

I’ve googled the diet interview. You won’t be surprised to realise that it was not McCarthy...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/20/bournemouth-ryan-fraser-eddie-howe-pep-guardiola

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....an-fraser-dinner-bournemouth-boss-6389178.amp

I don’t understand your point. I’ve not said that Eddie hasn’t developed Fraser you’d have to be mad to think that. He has developed him again even more in the last 18 months.

What I’ve said was they both credit the time at Ipswich as a wake up call and a hardening process that was needed. I also didn’t say Mick McCarthy was stood in his kitchen in a Barnsley apron shoving asparagus in the blender while whistling ‘on Ilkley mood bah tat’

I said they have both said his spell there was a wake up call to the way to live his life and that he learnt a lot. That’s good management by Eddie surely? As it was with Surridge, Ramsdale etc...

I don’t understand your point. I’ve not said that Eddie hasn’t developed Fraser you’d have to be mad to think that. He has developed him again even more in the last 18 months.

My point was, before you moved on to nepotism in the coaching staff and criticising our training in direct correlation to injuries....

...you used to argue that we didn’t develop young players.

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/lys-mousset.3882/#post-131223

As the one who mentioned Fraser / Ipswich and diverted this thread let me clarify to say we've done an outstanding job of developing him but that loan spell was a key part in that. I'm not sure what there is to argue with that.

Harry Kane's loan spells were crucial in his development. Spurs still take most of the credit but his time outside of the club starting matches as a first choice striker allowed him to be properly prepared when his chance at Spurs came along.

The point about Championship loans related to the thread is Wilson has apparently torn it up for Derby last year. Hopefully that means he'll be prepared and ready to make a step up if he comes here, although it isn't a guarantee.

Last edited:
My point was, before you moved on to nepotism in the coaching staff and criticising our training in direct correlation to injuries....

...you used to argue that we didn’t develop young players.

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/lys-mousset.3882/#post-131223

It wasn’t that we didn’t develop them it was we didn’t trust them to play. That’s changed more lately with Simpson having a few games but in general we either needed them to develop in a first team elsewhere or never played them. I still don’t understand why you are on this train of thought... Kirsikka is right above, it was a vital part of Frasers development but nobody is suggesting it is the only thing.

It receives disproportionate amount of praise.

“only became a good player after being developed properly at Ipswich” etc

The summary of his time there was being told to just do your thing and getting some confidence.

He played more games for us at that level.

Yes it’s part of his journey. Just like Arter had a spell at Carlisle but I don’t remember anyone referencing that as how he became a midfielder that bosses world class players in the Premier League.

Actually I seem to recall the Carlisle loan was part of Arter's 'growing up' period. It's a while ago now but wasn't he seen as too much of a loose canon before that move and came back more controlled, albeit slightly.

That could be my memory playing tricks on me though!

Actually I seem to recall the Carlisle loan was part of Arter's 'growing up' period. It's a while ago now but wasn't he seen as too much of a loose canon before that move and came back more controlled, albeit slightly.

That could be my memory playing tricks on me though!

Played for Howe, he left, Harry got injured. Bradbury didn’t fancy him initially went on loan for a month. Scored on debut.

Fair enough if that's the case. I thought it was his on pitch ill-discipline that got him sent there but maybe that's how I want to remember it rather than what actually happened.

Played for Howe, he left, Harry got injured. Bradbury didn’t fancy him initially went on loan for a month. Scored on debut.

Arter was more established. He just had a falling out. Fraser got game time and development at a younger age. Loans have been good to us and for us.

Personally I'd love Harry Wilson and I get that if we sign young and British we pay a premium

I agree with the rest of your post but I don't think the premium is necessarily young and British but a top club premium. If we were sighing him from Derby he'd be 12M. Decent possible example is Djilibodji and his Chelsea adventure

;