Harry Wilson

Reports suggesting today that Liverpool have decided to let Harry Wilson out on loan, not selling at this point, and loaning only to a PL club.

Leeds and Derby upset by this. Villa said to be very interested. Given our...inconsistent at best dealings with Liverpool in recent years, should we have a go?

Absolutely not, we already pay for their youth development scheme, we don't need to do the actual developing as well. Would rather see Ibe, Mahoney, Dobre get the attention they need to grow. If we signed the lad however that'd be a different story

Absolutely not, we already pay for their youth development scheme, we don't need to do the actual developing as well. Would rather see Ibe, Mahoney, Dobre get the attention they need to grow. If we signed the lad however that'd be a different story
Ibe has had 3 years of attention to grow and look where that’s got him.

Would prefer to sign players permanently however this lad would be £25m+ so allows us to strengthen in the short term whilst focussing our funds elsewhere

Yes, this lad is exactly what we need, with him we could potentially play Brooks in attacking midfield with lerma and cook behind. would be a bit weird though, two Smith's, two cook's and now two Wilson's...

Me too... another player we brought because we knew them from the past....

We bought as versatile enough to be right back or right centre back as a squad player without guaranteed start. Didn’t work out due to domestic circumstances rather than because he was an ex player.

We bought as versatile enough to be right back or right centre back as a squad player without guaranteed start. Didn’t work out due to domestic circumstances rather than because he was an ex player.
There's no need to nuance it. Neil has rightly identified Wilson as yet another nepotistic signing highlighting the clubs appalling failure to get any decent players in.

Didn’t work out due to domestic circumstances? Did you see him play? Remind me of the level he has been at since? A lazy signing unfit for PL football.

Didn’t work out due to domestic circumstances? Did you see him play? Remind me of the level he has been at since? A lazy signing unfit for PL football.

I do recall a long range effort against morecambe on debut that helped win the game. A player who seems to have lost his way but used to be a decent player and I thought he would be a good signing. It happens. Eddie wouldn’t have signed him if he was per your description - which could be challenged. My point was he didn’t fail as he was an ex player!

That was the end though Ade

He'd been told not to shoot from greater than 10 yards, he'd also been told not to get us playing too many game in Winter so winning up a Rumbelows cup match was already a shi.ty sticky toffee pudding

BREAKING NEWS

Newcastle are unlikely to sign Liverpool winger Harry Wilson because he isn’t available on loan, Sky Sports News understands.

Steve Bruce was keen to bring the 22-year-old in on loan, but Jurgen Klopp has made it clear that another loan won’t help his player’s development, saying its time Wilson settled somewhere.

Liverpool are understood to value the Wales international at over £20m.

Ibe, Dobre and Mahoney haven't got into double digits in goals and assists in the championship though. We could do a loan to buy deal. i would pay £20m in today's market currently, if he had a bad season we could move on to another target and if he did well and he liked it down south, then I reckon we would pay up to £30m. already PL ready with great potential.

;