Injury crisis...

Adam Smith back to doing sprints and gym work in Dubai according to posts on Instagram so hopefully he’s inching closer.

Really?? Wowsers, hope he's not rushing back too soon. Obviously want to see him back but but this seems crazy fast

Looked like Ake was limping at the end of the game last night. Having seen Simpson perform to a high standard yet again against top class opposition, I'm not actually too worried if he needs a bit of a rest.

Anyone heard anything about a potential problem?

I
Looked like Ake was limping at the end of the game last night. Having seen Simpson perform to a high standard yet again against top class opposition, I'm not actually too worried if he needs a bit of a rest.

If this is true this would highlight and vindicate what I have been saying all week. None of the players that are likely to be involved against Brighton should have been playing last night. This would be to protect them from injury and fatique ferom playingf three games in seven days. The second option would have been to take Ake, S.Cook and Wilson off at half time last night. If Ake does not make it Saturday we will pay the price by walking off of the pitch with nothing.

I

If this is true this would highlight and vindicate what I have been saying all week. None of the players that are likely to be involved against Brighton should have been playing last night. This would be to protect them from injury and fatique ferom playingf three games in seven days. The second option would have been to take Ake, S.Cook and Wilson off at half time last night. If Ake does not make it Saturday we will pay the price by walking off of the pitch with nothing.

I disagree. Assuming we'll have Francis and Mings available for Brighton, we can easily play Francis at RB or in a back three. Simpson has shown he can play in the centre of a back 3 to a great standard. Mings can obviously play on the left. So we'd be losing one player for a game but gaining two more options.

Obviously, you could say that missing Ake is huge because he's probably our best player, but I don't think we would miss him too much with the players we have available.

We have a very talented and large squad. The creative changes last night at the back against Chelsea, presumably forced upon Eddie and Jase through injury, showed this very clearly and nearly paid off. Not that we want injuries....but it's good to see other players come good when given a chance, or a different role, like last night.

It was thought that Mings would be back into contention for Brighton as well. So we could see a Mings, Simpson, Cook back 3 if we need to rest Ake.

I

Ake, Cook and Wilson off after 45 minutes when we matched them all over the pitch? What if we had picked up an injury at the 50 minute mark with no substitutes left? You’re talking without using common sense yet again to provoke reactions. That’s 2 weeks you’ve been on this board without one positive post.

Mings, Simpson, Cook, Daniels, Rico and maybe even Francis all available and can all do a job if Ake is injured Saturday

True that Simpson, Francis and Daniels may well all be available, but are they going to be as effective as Ake? Answer - Probably not.

;