Jack Simpson

Tindall quotes today make it sound like JT has very little control over transfers, far less than Eddie had? Given Eddie seemingly had a hand in everything that happened.
https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/19021341.tindall-gives-latest-simpson-transfer-situation/
Not sure if it's overall less control or the fact that, once the club's accepted a bid, then it's down to the player to say yay or nay, at that point the manager has no control over what happens

I really don't understand the situation with Simpson. It's been blatantly obvious for a year now that none of the CB replacements for him are an upgrade. Mepham and Kelly are currently both worse despite having been given far more chances than him. Finally he gets his chance, plays well, and f#ck me they bring in CCV, who according to some on this forum is the second coming of Rio Ferdinand (after 2 games!) but gets hooked at half time. This must cause so much resentment and unrest amongst the young academy players trying to break through as perhaps we're seeing with Ofobroh.

Some say Simpson is too one footed but I'd rather have someone who plays well with one foot than someone who's crap with two.

Mepham is a better player than Simpson.

Mepham makes too many mistakes and CCV looks much calmer and more solid.

I feel much more secure with Cook and CCV as the centre pairing.

Mepham made one horrendous error last night, which really should have cost us a goal. (Thanks Bego)

It's all about opinions isn't it, which makes football, and this board great (most of the time).

I actually think Mepham is a very good player, and I would agree that he is ahead of Simpson. With reference to CCV, I think I'd rather Mepham with Cook all day, and I guess Simpson realistically is 4th/5th choice behind Cook, Mepham, CCV and Kelly (if all are fit).

Yes CCV looked ok on the ball last night and was solid for the most, but even he made a mistake in the tackle and Cook had to come across to save his bacon... So if we're going to berate Mepham for making a possible goal conceding mistake we need to look at CCV also.

My biggest compliment to Mepham is he moves the ball on quickly... Gets it, looks up, and distributes... Doesn't f*ck about, take too many touches, squander an opportunity... It's received and recycled.

Last season we had a time when both Ake and Cook were out and folk were worried about a Mepham and Franno pairing for several weeks... Defensively, with those two we actually looked better and both of them got things moving quickly... Something that S.Cook and CCV do not necessarily do, and Kelly certainly doesn't...

At the end of the day JT needs to settle on 4 or 5 at the back... He needs to stop rotating for the sake of rotating.

It's all about opinions isn't it, which makes football, and this board great (most of the time).

I actually think Mepham is a very good player, and I would agree that he is ahead of Simpson. With reference to CCV, I think I'd rather Mepham with Cook all day, and I guess Simpson realistically is 4th/5th choice behind Cook, Mepham, CCV and Kelly (if all are fit).

Yes CCV looked ok on the ball last night and was solid for the most, but even he made a mistake in the tackle and Cook had to come across to save his bacon... So if we're going to berate Mepham for making a possible goal conceding mistake we need to look at CCV also.

My biggest compliment to Mepham is he moves the ball on quickly... Gets it, looks up, and distributes... Doesn't f*ck about, take too many touches, squander an opportunity... It's received and recycled.

Last season we had a time when both Ake and Cook were out and folk were worried about a Mepham and Franno pairing for several weeks... Defensively, with those two we actually looked better and both of them got things moving quickly... Something that S.Cook and CCV do not necessarily do, and Kelly certainly doesn't...

At the end of the day JT needs to settle on 4 or 5 at the back... He needs to stop rotating for the sake of rotating.

Fair comment. There's a debate to be had regarding Simpson and Mepham, I guess, but Kelly? And people are making a judgement on CCV after 3 games, one against a League 2 side and one in which he was subbed off at half time? It just doesn't add up for me, I'm afraid.

Fair comment. There's a debate to be had regarding Simpson and Mepham, I guess, but Kelly? And people are making a judgement on CCV after 3 games, one against a League 2 side and one in which he was subbed off at half time? It just doesn't add up for me, I'm afraid.

Can't really argue with your view on Kelly. So many areas to improve judging on his performances so far. I can see why people rate him as having the highest potential of the lot of them though as he's very quick and can recover from errors (either his or others) very quickly. An example of this is when he reacted quickly and with pace to snuff out trouble after Mepham's error last night.

He's all over the place positionally though and too lethargic/ponderous on the ball, which is definitely not a good point for that position.

I’d be pretty pissed off if I was Simpson. He may have been taken out of team as he is moving, or maybe Tindall has decided he would rather have CCV there, if the latter, I’m confused by it.
To be honest CCV looks at least a stone overweight at the moment and just looks too short for a CB. He is the new Flahavan in CB form ;)

I’d be pretty pissed off if I was Simpson. He may have been taken out of team as he is moving, or maybe Tindall has decided he would rather have CCV there, if the latter, I’m confused by it.
To be honest CCV looks at least a stone overweight at the moment and just looks too short for a CB. He is the new Flahavan in CB form ;)

He looks like a prop forward.

Reading back through this thread it seems like people are bending over backwards, or at least willing to excuse, Mepham mistakes when they don't give Simpson the same leeway. Simpson has made mistakes, a couple of diabolical ones in the PL, but they're the sort of mistakes all athletes make when they spend more time training than actually playing.

JT needs to settle on 4 at the back and ditch343

Mepham makes too many mistakes and CCV looks much calmer and more solid.

I feel much more secure with Cook and CCV as the centre pairing.

Mepham made one horrendous error last night, which really should have cost us a goal. (Thanks Bego)
Last night CCV looked like the footballing reincarnation of Miles Addison. Probably still getting up to match fitness but looked cumbersome,

...to be fair I thought CCV did okay, yes he doesn't look the most athletic but his positioning was good and he dealt with most that came his way...I would say only Begovic, Steve Cook and him could hold their heads up...because the rest were woeful...the Danjuma gamble didn't pay off as he looked sluggish, would have rather seen more from Lerma who seems to be sleepwalking through games recently...

Mark McAdam

@markmcadamtv

Rangers have today made contact with Bournemouth over potential moves for defender Jack Simpson and Nnamdi Ofoborh. Steven Gerrard has been a long time admirer of Simpson, who is out of contract in the summer. Cardiff had a 750k bid accepted for Simpson last week. #afcb

;