Jack Simpson

Don’t know if Jack has an agent but could also be the old tale of agents leaking news to flush out interest from other clubs.

Almost impossible to think he doesn’t have an agent. One of my lad’s Hampshire County mates,not even at an academy, has an agent touring him around (at U16 level!)

I have to say I was a bit disappointed to see Simpson was being sold as I think he's done really well this season. I wouldn't say he's done any worse than Cook or Mepham, for instance.
I think a lot of people formed an opinion on his few performances in the PL and cup games, when he just got thrown into the lion's den with no run of games.
Anyway, isn't CCV right-footed? So I don't really see how they'd in direct competition.

Turned out brilliantly for them[/QUOTE

Brighton have the advantage of higher academy status so play better teams thus maybe they get a better path to championship teams rather than L2 and national league.

Easy for them to have kept ben white in case they needed them given fears of relegation but sent him out and now have a key player. Look at how quickly Rambo developed with two seasons on loan vs say travers.

I have to say I was a bit disappointed to see Simpson was being sold as I think he's done really well this season. I wouldn't say he's done any worse than Cook or Mepham, for instance.
I think a lot of people formed an opinion on his few performances in the PL and cup games, when he just got thrown into the lion's den with no run of games.
Anyway, isn't CCV right-footed? So I don't really see how they'd in direct competition.

If he has indicated he won't sign a new contract then it could be a case of take the cash on offer. The development fee we get for him is unlikely to be of that level, all things considered.

If he has indicated he won't sign a new contract then it could be a case of take the cash on offer. The development fee we get for him is unlikely to be of that level, all things considered.
Does anyone know he's been offered a new contract (by us)? I would have thought the club would want to see how he does this season - although arguably he's already shown enough.

I'll be honest, if I was him I wouldn't sign a new deal.

He's 24 and has barely played in six years. He is, when everyone's fit, our fourth or fifth choice CB. He needs to go somewhere where he knows he's going to be a first choice centre back for the next couple of seasons to get appearances under his belt otherwise he'll be one of those players with a ghost career.

Even if he had a storming second half to the season it doesn't feel like he'll be the man in possession next season, even with S Cook out of contract. Especially if CCV signs.

I thought Simpson had done well this season, so fair play to him for looking elsewhere after being dropped. So far from what I've seen CCV is better, if we can sign him permanently.

As said above, it's more that details of the move were allowed to get out when it sounds like Simpson never had any intention of going there.

Absolutely the deal needs to be agreed between the clubs first. However, then you need to have a conversation with the player. If the player is saying they won't even talk to the other club then the book should be shut on it without anyone external the wiser.
It generally isn’t how things work. A club will usually have an “unofficial” chat with a players agent before making a bid, if a club bids for a player it is usually based on the knowledge that they at least have some interest in moving there.

On the subject, I actually quite like Simpson and rate him as a decent championship defender. However I would take CCV over him every day of the week if it was a choice between the two.

Good move for both parties IMO...hopefully Mepham will be back soon anyway.
With Stan and Danjuma out at present and King maybe going we need to strengthen our attack and this should be a priority for JT in the next two weeks...
Mepham was on bench on Saturday

It generally isn’t how things work. A club will usually have an “unofficial” chat with a players agent before making a bid, if a club bids for a player it is usually based on the knowledge that they at least have some interest in moving there.
Some players employ the PFA's agency services (they have 10 FIFA licensed individuals) because they take a lower percentage which means players keep more of what they earn. I think Chris Sutton used them years back for his deals only losing a few percent of his hefty signing on fees when joining Blackburn and Celtic.

I don't know if Jack does, but given the rules on tapping up, I would imagine those agents can't hold unofficial chats because they are paid by the PFA.

Still it's curious one, as you would think even the club would gauge his interest before accepting the bid. If he wasn't keen, then revealing how much they might accept seems strange.

Isn’t that the way it should be done?
Club A makes offer, we accept and inform the player a deal has been made and they are free to discuss terms, Player decides if they want to go or not.

Was worse back in the bucket collection days, the player was normally informed if they didn’t move the club would go under!
I know someone who played for us when Cox was sold, apparently Cox was told we'd accepted the bid and he had to go, didn't want to leave.

I really don't understand the situation with Simpson. It's been blatantly obvious for a year now that none of the CB replacements for him are an upgrade. Mepham and Kelly are currently both worse despite having been given far more chances than him. Finally he gets his chance, plays well, and f#ck me they bring in CCV, who according to some on this forum is the second coming of Rio Ferdinand (after 2 games!) but gets hooked at half time. This must cause so much resentment and unrest amongst the young academy players trying to break through as perhaps we're seeing with Ofobroh.

Some say Simpson is too one footed but I'd rather have someone who plays well with one foot than someone who's crap with two.

;