Jack Simpson

Simpson is left footed. Mepham is right. Simpson and Ofoborh were training with us today? from the photos up on COWS.

Why is it that Mepham always had rave write ups when he played for Brentford and when he plays for Wales? Do we play him out of his favoured position?

Simpson is left footed. Mepham is right. Simpson and Ofoborh were training with us today? from the photos up on COWS.

Why is it that Mepham always had rave write ups when he played for Brentford and when he plays for Wales? Do we play him out of his favoured position?
Some one better with stats can check, but I think most Meps Brentford games were LCB. Some right footed players just see game better from that side, maybe that is it.?

Some one better with stats can check, but I think most Meps Brentford games were LCB. Some right footed players just see game better from that side, maybe that is it.?

Yes, much higher % of right footers in the game, not a massive deal to play two right footed defenders at centre back, plenty of sides do it.

Playing fullbacks on their weaker foot is very rare.

Yes, much higher % of right footers in the game, not a massive deal to play two right footed defenders at centre back, plenty of sides do it.

Especially if play wingers on opposite side as they cut in on their preferred foot - plays becomes too narrow.

I get the % and certainly bet playing fullbacks on wrong side makes no sense.

My point was because of this, Mepham played a lot of games, probably the majority, at LCB for Brentford. I haven't done analysis but various things might mean that his body angles, the way he passes, even eye dominance might make that a slightly more ideal slot to get best out of the back line as a whole - marginal gains. Personally, he's improved every time he has a run of games and didn't do much wrong bar one mis-judged long ball. Anything to force Kelly to figure out he won't get back in without massive improvement.

I'm not sure how reliable the Mail is, but.... (from the Sky Sports website)

RANGERS AGREE PRE-CONTRACTS WITH BOURNEMOUTH DUO
The Sunday Mail say Rangers have agreed pre-contract deals with Bournemouth duo Nnamdi Ofoborh and Jack Simpson – and haven’t ruled out snaring the pair of them now.

I know players come and go but I always find it a little sad when our youth players don’t make the grade here. (I even felt a twinge or faint regret when Harry Cornick played against us recently) I really thought Simpson was finally knocking on the door for a run of games. Anyway I wish all our academy players the best for the future-here or elsewhere.

Bit part unproven youngsters who haven’t pulled up trees in the second tier of English football being targets for the runaway leaders of the Scottish league.

Does that show the real level of our youth team system or Scottish football?

Reactions: drd
I know players come and go but I always find it a little sad when our youth players don’t make the grade here. (I even felt a twinge or faint regret when Harry Cornick played against us recently) I really thought Simpson was finally knocking on the door for a run of games. Anyway I wish all our academy players the best for the future-here or elsewhere.

Crawley had Sam Matthews playing for them. His highlight for us when he was in our acsdemy was coming on against Real Madrid..

;