Jack Simpson

https://twitter.com/SportsPeteO
@SportsPeteO

Bournemouth defender Jack Simpson is prepared to stay at the club despite Cardiff agreeing a fee with the Cherries for the centre-back. #afcb #cardiffcityfc

A bit odd if CCV is going to sign. Pushes Jack S well down the CB order - and the club agreeing a transfer deal is not exactly a vote of confidence. Puzzling - unless CCFC offered peanuts in wages and made clear he'd just be back-up.

Exactly, Rivaldo, Messi and plenty of non world class players.

If it was that big an issue coaches would be focusing on it more.

Interesting that forwards are mentioned here. A one-footed CB is a liability against fast-moving attackers who work to pull the defence out of position. Unfortunately for Jack S this has happened on several occasions when he's been badly exposed - the key reason he's not been a first choice at CB.

Interesting that forwards are mentioned here. A one-footed CB is a liability against fast-moving attackers who work to pull the defence out of position. Unfortunately for Jack S this has happened on several occasions when he's been badly exposed - the key reason he's not been a first choice at CB.
Ake never used his right foot, dont recall too many complaints. But agreed he's 5th choice and out of contract

As I've said, I think he'll join Rangers at the end of the season
You could be right, wouldn't be a bad move at all for him.
I dare say we are currently paying him more than Cardiff would, so in the meantime he is better off sitting out the contract he has. That's fair enough and I'm sure he'd still do a job for us if called upon.

Take this for what it is, a post on a fans forum from a random person that is more than likely made up. Still....

simpson.jpg

I hope that isn't how we go about things.

Andy Robertson, ake...I just plucked name off top of my head, it wasn't meant as an exhaustive list.

Proficient Defending has little to do with your foot strength on the ball. He's exposed as he lacks other attributes, which are more relevant than being strong on the ball with both feet.

Take this for what it is, a post on a fans forum from a random person that is more than likely made up. Still....

View attachment 4880

Isn’t that the way it should be done?
Club A makes offer, we accept and inform the player a deal has been made and they are free to discuss terms, Player decides if they want to go or not.

Was worse back in the bucket collection days, the player was normally informed if they didn’t move the club would go under!

I would hope that the player is informed and a discussion had whether they are interested before anything is leaked. The fact knowledge of the deal came out and was discussed when Simpson didn't even want to talk to them isn't great.

View attachment 4880

Why ? I would have thought that was the RIGHT way to go about things. Or are you suggesting we should not listen to offers for our players before these players have explicitly expressed a desire to AFCB ?

I think this is the right way of doing things. If the two clubs cannot agree a fee, then the player has no decision to make, nothing happens. If, as in this case, a fee is agreed, the club then speaks to the player and asks him if he is interested in the move on the table. He then has the right to choose, take it or stay where he is.

Isn’t that the way it should be done?
Club A makes offer, we accept and inform the player a deal has been made and they are free to discuss terms, Player decides if they want to go or not.

Was worse back in the bucket collection days, the player was normally informed if they didn’t move the club would go under!
Darn, you beat me to it Dez ! I had half a post ready when the phone rang and you snuck in. But I agree, I don't think the club did much wrong here. No point in distracting a player with a deal which may never come together, much better to wait and them have something tangible to offer them. They still have the right to decline if they so wish.

As said above, it's more that details of the move were allowed to get out when it sounds like Simpson never had any intention of going there.

Absolutely the deal needs to be agreed between the clubs first. However, then you need to have a conversation with the player. If the player is saying they won't even talk to the other club then the book should be shut on it without anyone external the wiser.

I would hope that the player is informed and a discussion had whether they are interested before anything is leaked. The fact knowledge of the deal came out and was discussed when Simpson didn't even want to talk to them isn't great.
I wouldn't be surprised if Cardiff leaked it initially to be honest. They got overexcited when the bid was accepted and probably news of this exciting new signing leaked out to someone in the press up there. After that AFCB could only confirm the news as it was in fact true.

More importantly, does his staying scupper the CCV deal ?

Don’t know if Jack has an agent but could also be the old tale of agents leaking news to flush out interest from other clubs.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cardiff leaked it initially to be honest. They got overexcited when the bid was accepted and probably news of this exciting new signing leaked out to someone in the press up there. After that AFCB could only confirm the news as it was in fact true.

More importantly, does his staying scupper the CCV deal ?

Being quick to claim they've signed someone makes a change from their usual tactic of denying they've signed them at all when it comes to paying the fee.

;