Jack Simpson

Good luck to him, I was never really convinced about him at this level let alone the premier league but hopefully he will prove me very wrong and go on to have a great career

Phil Gullliver.....Scott Guyett....Stephane Zubar...Bailey Cargill....Matthieu Baudry....Brad Smith...Elliot Ward....Sylvan Distin....I will add Simpson to that list of defenders then now!

with Steve Cook..Chris Mepham..Lloyd Kelly...we will probably have enough to cover central defence? (barring injuries of course!)

Baudry was, for some reason, one of my favourite players at that time. I seem to recall an immense game he had away at Orient (?) one night despite scoring an own goal??

Well good luck to him.
All a bit weird though as he had finally had his longest run in the team ever and was starting to look really good.

Just making sure this thread doesn't end up as page 934 of one giant Simpson thread which is really getting on my wick at the moment... First world problems...!

ANYWAY.

Gerrard was interviewed today saying Simpson probably won't get any more game time this season after making his debut in the final 24 minutes yesterday.

It also said they'd agreed a Bosman for the summer but they were allowed to get him early. Would it have made sense for us to keep him or were we right to let him go?

(In the quotes in the Echo article) . . . . . he didn't.

Mr pieman (is that a South African name?), I support your campaign

I wish him well. He obviously didn't want to stay after spending 3 years sat on the bench, which must've affected his development as a player. I know some say he's not as good as Mepham or Kelly, but they've both had plenty of game time in the years he was sitting on the bench and when he did get a run of games this season he looked as good as if not better than any of his rivals - especially after Mepham's given 3 goals away already this season. It's disappointing both he and Ofoborh felt they had to leave to get an opportunity but I hope they both do well.

Why did Gerrard say he probably wouldn’t get anymore game time? Seems a strange thing to say.
He's got 3 centre backs in front of him who are doing well and will be difficult to displace.

And because they didn't expect to get him until the Summer he'll only be shoehorned into any plans rather than central to them.

Mr pieman (is that a South African name?), I support your campaign

No, it rhymes with Simon and is based on a mixture of Jesus H Christ and the children's tale about a chap called simple Simon who happens upon a professional fabricator of pastry-encased meat delicacies.

I wish him well. He obviously didn't want to stay after spending 3 years sat on the bench, which must've affected his development as a player. I know some say he's not as good as Mepham or Kelly, but they've both had plenty of game time in the years he was sitting on the bench and when he did get a run of games this season he looked as good as if not better than any of his rivals - especially after Mepham's given 3 goals away already this season. It's disappointing both he and Ofoborh felt they had to leave to get an opportunity but I hope they both do well.
I think he's better than those players you mention and got better with every game, I think we'll find that out very soon. Mepham, Kelly and Rico scare the sh*t out of me!

;