Jefferson Lerma

I'd sell him, expected him to do alot in the Championship and he did below mediocrity that's being kind for a someone who played against England in WC Knockouts in 2018. Not worth the wages, great on his day but clearly cba and I'd rather a CDM like Bartley who tries hard and appreciates the wages
What are you on about . How can you be critical of lermas work ethic . He works his balls off every games, and doesn’t go hiding when things are not going right.
In terms of quality he played well with Pearson next to him .

his lack of passing ability is a big flaw, but in terms of adding bite ( no pun meant ) to the team, he has done that

Jeff was not in the Colombia squad in the 3rd place match against Peru last night. Anybody know why? Was he injured or suspended or dropped? He was substituted in one of the earlier matches in the Copa America

If we can negotiate a good fee take it for sure. Was a fan of his when he first signed and think he could be an asset to a top level team in the right set up/system, however for me he was very average last season. You’d really expect a player of his profile to be dominating the midfield and running the show at this level and he just didn’t do that. He strikes me as the kind of player who would be an asset for an underdog side, but for a side looking to get on the front foot and dominate the ball he looks a bit lost.

Love Jeff, but lets be honest the Championship isn't where he see's himself and his performances were erratic at best last season. He was better in the PL for us than he was at this level. I'm sure Jeff would fancy a move back to La Liga. If we can get a reasonable fee it might suit all parties. He is and will remain a cult favourite though.

I feel that his best bet is to go abroad, he seemed to be targeted in the Premier League which I think will put off potential buyers not to mention his ban. Would that still apply if he moved abroad?

I feel that his best bet is to go abroad, he seemed to be targeted in the Premier League which I think will put off potential buyers not to mention his ban. Would that still apply if he moved abroad?
No. As I understand his ban covers English leagues. So a PL move would be impacted, but Spain or somewhere else would render it null and void.

...players like Begovic, Danjuma, Lerma and Billing probably deserve a shot at playing at a higher level...so I would expect them to move over the next month or two?

If we can negotiate a good fee take it for sure. Was a fan of his when he first signed and think he could be an asset to a top level team in the right set up/system, however for me he was very average last season. You’d really expect a player of his profile to be dominating the midfield and running the show at this level and he just didn’t do that. He strikes me as the kind of player who would be an asset for an underdog side, but for a side looking to get on the front foot and dominate the ball he looks a bit lost.
That's exactly what he was bought for.....he'd be a fantastic buy for a lower half premier League or La Liga side...... don't know why anyone thought he'd unlocking defences in the Championship.

...players like Begovic, Danjuma, Lerma and Billing probably deserve a shot at playing at a higher level...so I would expect them to move over the next month or two?

Why do they "deserve" it? They all had a shot at playing at a higher level. With the exception of Danjuma who was injured, they all either had a shot at it and got relegated or lost their place in the side and were deservedly farmed out on loan.

They should "earn" it, which collectively they didn't hence why they were relegated and then didn't earn promotion.

;