Jefferson Lerma

Beat me to it. :)
....Begovic was the best GK in the championship...Billing scored more goals from midfield than ever before in his career...Lerma often looked head and shoulders above others in games last season...
...christ they couldn't be expected on their own to get us promotion!

tough one to call, I'm not a big fan of complete overhauls on the first team, carries a lot of risk but has sometimes worked out well for other sides in the past.

In terms of value, what we're paying them and what they produced at this level, not sure they're worth their no doubt massive wages for this division. Issue is, it's unlikely we;d replace them with similar quality, but maybe having someone who's not quite as good ability wise but more hungry work better for us and with potential to be similar to what we already have- not to mention we'd be saving in wages.

....Begovic was the best GK in the championship...Billing scored more goals from midfield than ever before in his career...Lerma often looked head and shoulders above others in games last season...
...christ they couldn't be expected on their own to get us promotion!
Lerma looked head and shoulders above last season? No he didn’t, he really didn’t. Billing scored a few goals so he deserves a move? If they were all as good as you think they wouldn’t have been playing at this level in the first place.

Personally, at the start of the season when he was played higher up i thought he was outstanding. Strangely, we then changed that approach and he suffered

was going to say that, looked amazing at start of season then became a more average as the season progressed (when he was deployed more defensively again).

was going to say that, looked amazing at start of season then became a more average as the season progressed (when he was deployed more defensively again).
Yes, it was almost like Billing and Lerma were both more effective in the more forward role. So effectively, once this position became a thing, we had two players fighting over it and Billing ended up getting the nod.
I thought some of Lerma's short forward passes were excellent when he was playing nearer to the penalty area. Maybe he is more creative than many give him credit for ? We've tended to use him as a man mountain to break up play in the middle of the pitch but maybe like Billing, he feels slightly stifled having to play deeper ? That could be another motivation for him to seek a move, if true.

Would anyone want him for a decent amount with his outstanding suspension and disciplinary record?
It’s an interesting one, depending on whether we are prepared to make a loss on him or not, you’d imagine a deal would be hard to do as not sure Valencia would offer close to what we paid for him. I can see him leaving on loan tbh.

....but doesn't your conspiracy theory mean any players leaving aren't in Spain? If he is leaving surely he'd be at DC with Cook....

I for one would love to keep Jeff, he's a class act, box to box and massively underestimated
Completely agree with you. Not just that but he is also our fittest, strongest, and probably our best player, in his prime. I would imagine that a new manager tasked with getting us back into the Premier League, and having been giving sufficient promises to tempt him to come here, would share your view and do everything he could to keep him here.

Check out the baseball caps. Jota Jota foods are based in Valencia and Coexito is one of their brand names. I don’t understand all these new Interweb thingies, but maybe Jeff is sidelining as an influencer.

BTW ”Coexito” means something like “Together, a great result”. In our case, it might translate better as “Together, out of the Cup”.

Check out the baseball caps. Jota Jota foods are based in Valencia and Coexito is one of their brand names. I don’t understand all these new Interweb thingies, but maybe Jeff is sidelining as an influencer.

BTW ”Coexito” means something like “Together, a great result”. In our case, it might translate better as “Together, out of the Cup”.
Yes, he definitely seems to be involved with them commercially in some regard.
He's clearly there for that reason, hence the baseball cap.
He may of course be there for other reasons in addition to that, but that post in itself is not indicative of anything of a footballing nature going on there.

;