Jefferson Lerma

Anyway in my view two interesting points come out of this one if it's genuine.

Firstly has EH ditched his English based players preference? Obviously he's signed one or two from abroad but he's been on record as preferring players that already have established themselves in England. This could mean he's satisfied that we've bedded ourselves in successfully and can now branch out to improve quality and/or we've improved our overseas scouting. I suppose it could also just be another one the Americans are pushing on him.

The other interesting point is him finally appearing to go for a tough tackling central midfielder. A lot of people (myself included) have said we need this type of player for ages but he's not really used one since... Marv? Is this another change in EH's philosophy on what we need?

I'd like both to be true.

Of all the teams in the Premier League in 2017-18 season, AFCB must have nearly had the most/most British players in their team.

Firstly has EH ditched his English based players preference? Obviously he's signed one or two from abroad but he's been on record as preferring players that already have established themselves in England. This could mean he's satisfied that we've bedded ourselves in successfully and can now branch out to improve quality and/or we've improved our overseas scouting. I suppose it could also just be another one the Americans are pushing on him.

The other interesting point is him finally appearing to go for a tough tackling central midfielder. A lot of people (myself included) have said we need this type of player for ages but he's not really used one since... Marv? Is this another change in EH's philosophy on what we need?

It could be, or it may be a case of Howe finding someone who can tackle hard and has technical ability to suit our style if play, that fits within our (now larger?) budget.

It could be, or it may be a case of Howe finding someone who can tackle hard and has technical ability to suit our style if play, that fits within our (now larger?) budget.

Yeah, you wouldn't have thought it signals an intention to shift to having a deep lying defensive midfielder sitting just in front of the back four. He seems fairly committed to just playing two in the middle. The guy could be a Gosling type with greater technical ability, which would make him a good signing.

There's always that english player premium, added to the fact that EH has spent almost every summer abroad on a busmans holiday. Remember after Italia 90 when we all got surprised by Platt, Walker, and gascoigne going to Italy, yet you rarely see English managers go abroad (Hodgson excepted). I easily see EH eventually popping over to Spain or Italy (further south than Burnley) more likely than Everton or WHU imo

Perhaps EH agreed with us about needing a midfield enforcer but hasn't been able to find anyone suitable in the English leagues? I'm struggling to think of someone who fits the bill, would be good enough and would be available At one stage (after Spurs at home last year) I did think that maybe Harry was going to be coached into that role.

To be fair, you mentioning Totteringham does make me think I'd love Dembele, he kicked crap out us a couple of times. I reckon that's why James loved Jean Christophe, but we could definitely use that right now, to much time under SoD, we're pretty weak

Perhaps EH agreed with us about needing a midfield enforcer but hasn't been able to find anyone suitable in the English leagues? I'm struggling to think of someone who fits the bill, would be good enough and would be available At one stage (after Spurs at home last year) I did think that maybe Harry was going to be coached into that role.

It could be but I'm inclined to think EH didn't have that type of player in his plans because it's been ages since Marv and he hasn't seemingly even tried to land a player of that type until now.

Unless this guy is also more than a DM - either way he does feel like exactly what we need... as long as he's decent of course.

It's been an interesting discussion. Like everything else..different angles from differing backgrounds and experiences.
When I enquired at the local school about my granddaughter being bullied because she is disabled, I was told ' Oh no sir she has got that wrong, it's not that...she was targeted due to having Ginger hair !! They still did nothing about it.That's life in 2018 in this country.

Read the whole article now Cockbeard... roughly 40 % of it I was aware of or had considered at some point in the past but the other 60% very thought provoking and worth keeping on file. Cheers!

Brain Filter on:
It's raining this morning here..first for weeks.
Love Rain and Reservoirs.
Bluebells dying off now. Saw a Swift fly past the window, first for a few years.

Excited about viewing the new fixture list shortly.

Hope we sign a new player soon.

Driving up to Poole today!

;