Joe Rothwell

Horses for courses.

With 3 spots in the system, having all of: Cook, Lerma, Pearson, Rothwell, Billing, Marcondes each with their different profiles all will get games.

Assuming Kilkenny goes out on loan.

If you want raw physicality to get in opposition faces, Lerma starts every time. But there are games where he isn't allowed by refs to have a sniff of a challenge.

Horses for courses.

With 3 spots in the system, having all of: Cook, Lerma, Pearson, Rothwell, Billing, Marcondes each with their different profiles all will get games.

Assuming Kilkenny goes out on loan.

If you want raw physicality to get in opposition faces, Lerma starts every time. But there are games where he isn't allowed by refs to have a sniff of a challenge.

Will be interesting to see how Lerma is received next season, as seemed to be strong feeling on here that he was somehow under the officials microscope due to his reputation...

Will be interesting to see how Lerma is received next season, as seemed to be strong feeling on here that he was somehow under the officials microscope due to his reputation...

As mentioned on another thread he had 1 red in 60 + PL games for us.

He did have a number of yellows, but always kept clear of a second yellow but for one occasion.

Lerma should be given a fresh start as every other player for the 2022-23 season from the officials.

With defenders pace is not the be all and end all. Many years ago AFCB had a left sided defender (can't remember name) who always ran towards the ball when it was passed out from midfield to the wing. 99 out of 100 times he didn't get the ball and the now unmarked winger had a free run and chance to cross the ball. Our defender had no positional skill and was a liability. All the best defenders get in the right place at the right time.

I like Lerma. He’s a good hard working pro, has his limitations but makes up for them with his work rate and adaptability. The issue with him is his lack of creativity, which just isn’t his game. When we have just signed a player who is renowned for his creativity and also outperformed Lerma’s defensive numbers last season in the same division, it’s hard not to see him as an upgrade surely? Doesn’t mean Jeff is a bad player, just that the evidence would suggest that Rothwell is a better one.
Can you drop a link for the stats you reference? Would be good to have a look as I wonder if it's games played or per 90 minutes. I'm assuming that Rothwell played more matches than Jeff.

Notts Forest or Notts County everyone knows what team they are talking about.
Are we Bournemouth or AFC Bournemouth?
One or the other, I don't mind.
I don’t mind either but if I supported the poppies I might be more annoyed at another club using their name.

Not sure about Rothwell, but pleased with the consistency of targets as Parker clearly wants him plus end of contract signings offer better value for money.

Rothwell may be better suited but the debate was would he be better than Lerma. To me evidence would dictate a full international who has played there and in La Liga before would be better than someone who is 27 and moved between Oxford and Blackburn in lower leagues. But like you say we won’t know properly until they play. Maybe we should have a charity sports bet and see if your alter ego is more honourable ;)
Now then!

Hope so :)
If we come straight back down, we should keep faith with the players and the manager and aim for some of that Norwich City action for a few seasons. It really wouldn’t be the worst thing for the future of the football club IMO.
:utc:

Completely agree. Seen a few comments from opposition fans trying to mock us for being a yo-yo club. As we’ve only ever been relegated once from the Premier League I don’t really think we’ve done enough to earn that tag! But I’d certainly take it if it was on offer.

Hi guys, Blackburn fan in peace.

Over the years I've been fortunate enough to see some great centre mids grace Ewood Park. In Rothwell you've signed a top player.

The way he picks up the ball and drives through teams is immense. He carries the ball better than anyone I've seen at Ewood. You will see for yourselves but on his day there's nobody like him, one of the most exciting players I've seen in Rovers shirt.

Supporters will tell you who can go missing- but who doesn't have the odd poor game. In his early days Mowbray only used him in cameos, citing his work-rate and positioning. Very frustrating tbh as every time he came on he was massively affecting games.

He really hit his stride this year and was an integral player for us. I think the business in Jan disrupted him and de-railed our promotion hopes.

The only other player that could carry the ball like Rothwell in a Rovers shirt was Duff- but he was a winger. Rovers fans are fickle as anything. Anyone that leaves is inconsistent and will not go on to better things in their opinion. I've no doubt he'll have poor games. But his good games will more than make up for it. He reminds me a bit of Hazard how he carries the ball- I'm sure you've watched him on Youtube.

Anyway, gutted he's left- you've got a gem. Sure he'll step up no problem- could play for Engand imo he's that uniquely talented. Enjoy him.

Good luck for the season guys

Hi guys, Blackburn fan in peace.

Over the years I've been fortunate enough to see some great centre mids grace Ewood Park. In Rothwell you've signed a top player.

The way he picks up the ball and drives through teams is immense. He carries the ball better than anyone I've seen at Ewood. You will see for yourselves but on his day there's nobody like him, one of the most exciting players I've seen in Rovers shirt.

Supporters will tell you who can go missing- but who doesn't have the odd poor game. In his early days Mowbray only used him in cameos, citing his work-rate and positioning. Very frustrating tbh as every time he came on he was massively affecting games.

He really hit his stride this year and was an integral player for us. I think the business in Jan disrupted him and de-railed our promotion hopes.

The only other player that could carry the ball like Rothwell in a Rovers shirt was Duff- but he was a winger. Rovers fans are fickle as anything. Anyone that leaves is inconsistent and will not go on to better things in their opinion. I've no doubt he'll have poor games. But his good games will more than make up for it. He reminds me a bit of Hazard how he carries the ball- I'm sure you've watched him on Youtube.

Anyway, gutted he's left- you've got a gem. Sure he'll step up no problem- could play for Engand imo he's that uniquely talented. Enjoy him.

Good luck for the season guys

Good to hear from someone who has regularly seen him play, rather than titbits from elsewhere.

Thanks for coming on our forum and giving us that information, we know ourselves what it is like to lose good players to other clubs.

Best of luck next season.

;