Joe Rothwell

We also have Brooks to come back and if he gets back to his old form it will make our midfield very interesting indeed.

When I saw Rothwell he didn't look particularly good. I hope I'm proved wrong.

We also have Brooks to come back and if he gets back to his old form it will make our midfield very interesting indeed.

Interesting, I thought that he was the best player on the park during our home defeat to Blackburn, he ran the show. He’s a natural central midfielder who is very proficient in creating opportunities for team mates and in carrying the ball, there aren’t many about with his skill set.

Outperformed Lerma and billing both defensively and creatively last season according to the athletic, should certainly be an upgrade on Lerma.

Outperformed Lerma and billing both defensively and creatively last season according to the athletic, should certainly be an upgrade on Lerma.
The athlectic is talking bollox then.....Lerma will be our most important midfielder in the PL.....Rothwell is nothing like him.
Might be an upgrade on Billing though.

Thought of the clubs who wanted to sign him, he was going to end up here.

He and his fiancé had expressed they wanted to move South and that is exactly what happened.

Agreed no one will outperform jeff
In terms of interceptions and tackles per 90 minutes last season Rothwell did outperform Jeff apparently. Obviously there are other metrics you can use to evaluate defensive performance such as distance covered per 90 but a lot of the defensive stats have Rothwell outperforming Lerma.

Good business and saved ourselves millions. The only quibble for me would be the length of the contract for a 27 year old - but perhaps that is what helped us get him ahead of others offers.

The athlectic is talking bollox then.....Lerma will be our most important midfielder in the PL.....Rothwell is nothing like him.
Might be an upgrade on Billing though.
See my response to CherryBare. He outperformed Lerma in virtually every area in the championship, at least statistically, I don’t see any reason why this would not be the case a level up.
The thing about Billing is that he provides goals from central midfield, that alone makes him an automatic starter you’d think in a midfield three. The other two don’t.

See my response to CherryBare. He outperformed Lerma in virtually every area in the championship, at least statistically, I don’t see any reason why this would not be the case a level up.
The thing about Billing is that he provides goals from central midfield, that alone makes him an automatic starter you’d think in a midfield three. The other two don’t.
Waz… you don’t understand why people might be different a level up either negatively or positively? You can’t see that different attributes suit different leagues? How Stanislas was better a level up because of less physicality and more time or how Elphick was worse because of pace being more important?

Seriously?

Good signing.
I don’t understand why you’ve never rated Lerma though.
I like Lerma. He’s a good hard working pro, has his limitations but makes up for them with his work rate and adaptability. The issue with him is his lack of creativity, which just isn’t his game. When we have just signed a player who is renowned for his creativity and also outperformed Lerma’s defensive numbers last season in the same division, it’s hard not to see him as an upgrade surely? Doesn’t mean Jeff is a bad player, just that the evidence would suggest that Rothwell is a better one.

With our millions why don't we spend some of it in getting a known player and not some 2nd division oik
UTC

Waz… you don’t understand why people might be different a level up either negatively or positively? You can’t see that different attributes suit different leagues? How Stanislas was better a level up because of less physicality and more time or how Elphick was worse because of pace being more important?

Seriously?
Firstly, there is no need to refer to me as Waz, thank you. Secondly, you do make a good point in fairness, the game is a lot different at the top level and it could be that Lerma is better placed to shine with what he offers, so yes you are right to bring me up in that misplaced comment. Having said that, who’s to say that Rothwell won’t be more suited to the PL with perhaps more time and space in the ball.

;