Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have no idea....but until its mathematically impossible, what's the point of giving up..........if we plummet down the leagues and crowds dwindle to 2/3,000 , I shall be (God willing ) one of the sad fu@kers still there

I'm with you on this Ted (although exiled in the North it will be in the away end with small numbers for me). The biggest gain in giving up would be to stop the sheer frustration / anger / hurt, but we know we are addicts.

FWIW, I do think the players care, we just aren't as good as we anticipated we would be.

So.....uuumm..Where are the Woodgate Out Brigade this morning ?

Not On Parade for some reason..!

Here...

Whatever happened last night was no more than this bunch of individuals should be doing... We have all seen them perform like this for some time... It's just not consistent enough...

I still don't think Woodgate is the right person to take us forwards...

The only thing that will change my mind is if we go on a stupid run now and not only win 7+ of our final 9 games, but play very well in these games as well...

Here...

Whatever happened last night was no more than this bunch of individuals should be doing... We have all seen them perform like this for some time... It's just not consistent enough...

I still don't think Woodgate is the right person to take us forwards...

The only thing that will change my mind is if we go on a stupid run now and not only win 7+ of our final 9 games, but play very well in these games as well...

Cheer up for christ sake!

For once Woodgate was full of praise for the players in his post match interview. For whatever reason, he was brought to the club the day after the transfer deadline. So, he has to inherit the squad and to get them playing as a team.

He also had to bring in new coaching stuff. It takes time but after last night I can only be optimistic that it has all now come together even with key players out injured.

Cheer up for christ sake!

I'm perfectly happy thanks... and I'm equally over the moon about last night's result, and performance... It was a welcome change to see an uplift in pretty much everything, and nice to see some smiles on people's faces... But that doesn't mean I suddenly want Woodgate to be given the role after the end of the season...

I can only base my thoughts on what I've seen to date... I'm 100% happy to have my mind changed, as I'd said, but I was responding to Brian's post... one swallow and all that sh*t...

So.....uuumm..Where are the Woodgate Out Brigade this morning ?

Not On Parade for some reason..!

mixture of team giving it 100% plus JW wasn’t presented with the same problem he faced against Barnsley.

Swansea forced two great saves from bego and if one had gone in then maybe we could have seen a similar collapse to Barnsley. Then judge his response - most felt he failed that test vs Barnsley.

mixture of team giving it 100% plus JW wasn’t presented with the same problem he faced against Barnsley.

Swansea forced two great saves from bego and if one had gone in then maybe we could have seen a similar collapse to Barnsley. Then judge his response - most felt he failed that test vs Barnsley.

So ....its still Woodgate Out then ?

Best get the bugger out then before Saints take Us out of the Cup..there's only 4 days to get the new man in ...and to get his plan together swiftish....and for the assault on the play offs !
Sadly Paul Chuckle can't bring in Barry as assistant.. so we will be best to stick with the front runners like Rafa and Pep!

Last edited:
...JW has been chosen to manage us so get behind him, he might not be perfect but FFS give him a chance to learn from his mistakes and try his very best top keep us in contention. He is only on a short term contract until end of May so we better be careful what we wish for?

The players know that they can do more and showed it last night...they shoulder much responsibility to play for the club and not just themselves!

I am stuck between two chairs here as I feel we should be doing our absolute best to return to The PL...but fear that it would be far worse than before with this squad compared to last time? I would like us to beat Southampton on Saturday and see if we can push ourselves to a Cup Final and I am hoping that JW feels the same and realises he can do himself many favours by delivering this dream!

This season must rank as one of the best 10 in our History....for drama, excitement, speculation and the clubs position in the Football Pyramid. Best ever chance of winning the FA Cup !
Then we have the Banter and Humour of the Forum....with members pushing others to the limits of their tolerance....with Football, Brexit and Pandemic issues. Its a Gas!
If only we could get that Stadium...to elevate things to Euphoric!

So ....its still Woodgate Out then ?

Best get the bugger out then before Saints take Us out of the Cup..there's only 4 days to get the new man in ...and to get his plan together swiftish....and for the assault on the play offs !
Sadly Paul Chuckle can't bring in Barry as assistant.. so we will be best to stick with the front runners like Rafa and Pep!

As others have said, JW is here till end of season so I support him. I actually really like his interviews after the game. Praised billing yesterday as good enough for denmark but also that he owed me a good game after his play vs Barnsley. Calls out the team for lack of effort too

however like many I felt we needed a permanent appointment this season to try to go up. Under JW we have slipped out of play offs spot for first time this season.

;