Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How is Scott Parker a mate of Hughes ?

Maybe through Harry Arter.

Also I think Hughes has two restaurants in London, maybe he eats there and they got chatting once. :grinning:

It was mentioned in some of the nationals about us be interested in him before Fulham had played Brentford and secured a PL place.

IF...we click into 'most talented squad ' Mode...and Win the next two....making a playoff promotion an albeit long-shot possibility.....do we then go into the Run In...spouting ' Woodgate Out'...???

Woodgate ..A thrust - on manager.....who has inherited players who have let down EH and JT.
And if we get into the FA Cup Semi...is it still ' Woodgate Out '.....???

Well...it all slots into the varied and turbulent History of our club....so I'll have plenty of angles to shoot from!

What a stupid post. I’m not bedwetting, I’m pi**ed off with the way we play under Woodgate given the players he has at his disposal, so jog on.

Hows it a stupid post? We’ve just won 2 games and drawn another. As he said performances aren’t pretty in this league and you need the grind out results. 7 from 9 isn’t bad is it.

Hows it a stupid post? We’ve just won 2 games and drawn another. As he said performances aren’t pretty in this league and you need the grind out results. 7 from 9 isn’t bad is it.
The stupidity is in your post suggesting I’m bedwetting. I’m not sure you actually understand what that means because my gripe is in the way Woodgate has got the players playing...or rather not playing. There is undoubtedly a lot of talent in the squad and for much of the time we look mediocre at best.

7 from 9 isn’t bad, you’re right... as long as those around us have other 7 from 9 or less from 9... However, when the teams around us are getting more, then 7 from 9 isn’t good enough...

... and my view has always been, you need more than just points, you need performances as well. Because the crap performances will soon lead to less and less points...

... on the manager front... We all seem to be forgetting that come summer, if we’re still a championship side, we’ll be a lot more of an average champ side than we are this season... we’ll have lost more decent players and you never know... Barnsley might be more attractive than we are...!!!!

You’ve turned into Neil Dawson, bigging up any manager who has a team above us.
Checks back on earlier Barnsley thread to read your foresight on how good he was when we won rather convincingly...
Is the foresight check over yet Rob?....:grinning:............this is what i wrote on the day the JT was sacked.............................
Feb 3, 2021

One from left field.......VALERIAN ISMAEL............I love the way Barnsley play football .....high press ....all out attack....full backs bombing forward.....they remind me of our Championship winning team....fearless........i know they were quite naive against us playing such a high line but imagine him doing that with our team!......we want to be entertained....on the edge of our seats.......Valerian Ismael is that manager.
No doubt we'll end up with pulis though.

It's ok Rob i forgive you......some of us have amazing foresight some of us don't....;)................i shall expect an apology for the Neil Dawson slur though!!

He is a really good example of what happens when you have a decent Chief Exec and Head of Recruitment. People intelligently scouring the market for future talent and landing it.

Our two got the job through being someone’s son in law and someone’s best friend. That’s not the way successful organisations recruit. As a result we ended up with the two laziest management appointments known to man and the wasting of a great squad devoid of a good leader.

Who is the best friend one Neil?

I ask, because as you know from the Sloop interview, Howe's best friend in football, is James Hayter and JB said despite this, EH wouldn't give him a job.

7 from 9 isn’t bad, you’re right... as long as those around us have other 7 from 9 or less from 9... However, when the teams around us are getting more, then 7 from 9 isn’t good enough...

... and my view has always been, you need more than just points, you need performances as well. Because the crap performances will soon lead to less and less points...

... on the manager front... We all seem to be forgetting that come summer, if we’re still a championship side, we’ll be a lot more of an average champ side than we are this season... we’ll have lost more decent players and you never know... Barnsley might be more attractive than we are...!!!!
Barnsley 9 Reading 9 AFCB 7 Swansea 6 Cardiff 5 + Brentford 3 (from 2 games)

Well a win against Watford was a good result, Bristol we scraped a win, yesterday was just a very disappointing 2nd half after our best first half for a long time.
My concern with woodgate is his slowness to change things and then brings long on.
We will know our likely position after the Barnsley and Swansea games

Well a win against Watford was a good result, Bristol we scraped a win, yesterday was just a very disappointing 2nd half after our best first half for a long time.
My concern with woodgate is his slowness to change things and then brings long on.
Yesterday we had a fairly strong bench but the options to change things were very limited.

We scraped a win against Bristol city but i do think we deserved to win that game .

if someone offered us 7 points from the next 3 games we would take it now , if it included beating Barnsley

Who is the best friend one Neil?

I ask, because as you know from the Sloop interview, Howe's best friend in football, is James Hayter and JB said despite this, EH wouldn't give him a job.
That was JBs quote and Howe did give JH a job in the youth set up, maybe not at the time JB asked but shortly after.

Howe has described Richard Hughes has a trusted friend and the two were/are very close.

That was JBs quote and Howe did give JH a job in the youth set up, maybe not at the time JB asked but shortly after.

Howe has described Richard Hughes has a trusted friend and the two were/are very close.

Okay, I understand now.

You may well be right, although I have always found EH to be very close about what he says, when speaking to him F2F; doubtless RH is a good friend.

However I recall a few surprised peeps, that after the departure of EM, MD didn't remove all EM's relatives from their respective positions at the club.

I would suggest it fair, to think that MD is fairly switched on when it comes to money; so by extrapolation, it also seems reasonable to assume that in terms of running the business, NB is deemed good at his job. I've only ever spoken to NB twice and then very briefly, so difficult to form an opinion as to the man.

Edited to add: I consider RH to be the Ryan Fraser of his time. His performances fell off a lot, once his transfer to Portsmouth was confirmed. So, my opinion of him is slightly coloured.

;