Jordon Ibe

Am I the only one who thinks that this natural talent thing is a myth? Can’t remember him ever producing anything special even in a one off moment, he’s just ****************.

There's also the possibility that he just doesn't care about being a professional footballer. He's almost certainly got enough money for life already (dependant on how it's been managed) and the football just doesn't interest him enough.
There was a Tottenham player (I think) a while back who said he doesn't like football and it was purely a job for him.

David Batty was the same. He couldn't understand why people pay to watch footie.

He had more about him that Ibe ever will however. Have we ever seen Ibe break a sweat?

Its a shame I couldnt get to Canford today, crap pitch, crap weather...30 blokes and 3 dogs watching. I wonder what his attitude was ? I remember seeing Murray busting an absolute gut down there, a consummate professional even if it didn't work out here.

Am I the only one who thinks that this natural talent thing is a myth? Can’t remember him ever producing anything special even in a one off moment, he’s just ****.
He had two spells in the Championship as a teenager (Birmingham, Derby) where he caused defences a lot of problems, scored goals etc. More than enough ability at a young age for that level, though allied with the confidence a career on an upwards trajectory gives.

Only he never built on that base and progressed at PL level. Of course he took us apart for Liverpool in one game at Dean Court, by far his best performance ever at PL level ironically against us.

For us, we saw a few bits and bobs such as that night against Brighton where he took them apart coming off the bench. But never any consistency.

It's possible that being sold by Liverpool and realising he was never going to be an elite player in the Sterling mould (as he was once hyped) dented his motivation and confidence. Then realising he was not good enough for 10,000 seater Bournemouth's first team, further dented his motivation and confidence.

I also wonder if he's just not particularly bright and/or been strung along by cynical agents since childhood.

It's a sad one really.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Coughlin, post: 335445, member:
Yesterday we were crying out for someone who could beat a man and who could shoot. Ibe has shown he can do both. And will we really get anyone better in the window.?

When exactly?[/QUOTE]
Eddie don't want lbe in the team,with all those injuries and unfit players in the field.Looking at our relegation position, considering the club pay lbe every week.We are in a losing position with case.On a free transfer end of season many clubs will be queing to snap him.
15million lost!

Most of you guys have been around all this a lot longer than me, but could somebody comment on the impact of age on the development of PL players?

Was it like this 5-10-20 years ago that guys were getting first team minutes while still in their late teens/early 20's? If there is a measurable transition to younger players, two things occur to me:

> it requires a very well developed sense of self to handle all that goes with being a premier league player at such a young age. Not only the money and trappings, but also the "instant information" environment where every young player is made out to be the second coming of (name your favourite player from 20 years ago).

On the other side, a struggling young player - e.g. Solanke - has to put up with an awful lot of negative scrutiny, which again requires a singularly strong mind to set aside, especially when all you have known is success until now.

> these young players are magnificent specimens, but in some case they are not even fully grown. Can this in part explain the spate of injuries?

It's a disposable world, and I wonder if these guys are being chewed up and spit out far too early in their otherwise burgeoning careers.

* I decided to start a new thread.

...Maybe there was a time when someone at the club could have had a word when he opted to have 'Jordon' on his shirt. Or the club could have said no. It's a small thing but, to me, indicative of the rarefied world they inhabit. The shirt thing sent quite a message.

Over the years I have read some utter shite on this MB but that might well take the biscuit.

What a complete crock of ****************.

There’s some elite level 2+2=5 nonsense going on in this thread :hehe:

THIS.

This embarrassing thread tells us far more about some of our fans than it does a thing about Jordon* Ashley* Femi* Ibe*

* just pick the one of his names which least offends your sensibilities.

:shake:

Eddies comments in the presser pre Luton kind of hinted at problems with Jordons attitude ,saying that that is always in the players control.

He's a pratt really. Never been able to really get his head down and apply himself - now smashes into a shop in his car and drives off alledgedly. Prime example of a silly man with a bit of talent paid millions to behave like a waster.

SSN

Sky Sports News understands Bournemouth have had no approaches or formal bids for Jordon Ibe, as yet, despite reported interest from Crystal Palace.

It’s thought the club would be willing to let him leave this month, given he has only six months left on his contract and has hardly played this season.

Ibe joined Bournemouth in 2016, has made 76 appearances and has scored three goals for the Cherries. He’s also represented England at U21 level.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...-emerged-option-crystal-palace-report-claims/

Blimey 76 appearances !!!! I can't think of a player as bad as that, thats been given as many chances as that.

He's only got himself and his attitude to blame.

In fact he nearly ran in the back of me the other day whilst he was on his phone in his 4 WD. Looks as though his driving skills haven't developed under us either.

...can't believe that we would have to pay a sell on to Liverpool if we get anything for Ibe?..that adds insult to injury IMO..

I would be embarrassed to take anything tbh

Blimey 76 appearances !!!! I can't think of a player as bad as that, thats been given as many chances as that.

He's only got himself and his attitude to blame.

In fact he nearly ran in the back of me the other day whilst he was on his phone in his 4 WD. Looks as though his driving skills haven't developed under us either.
Doesn't surprise me. If you check his Instagram stories he for some reason has a fascination of recording his car stereo screen. You'd think he'd be paying more attention to the road all things considering

Am I the only one who thinks that this natural talent thing is a myth? Can’t remember him ever producing anything special even in a one off moment, he’s just ****.

Well, I’ve never been one for having much of a memory of opposition players. A few stood out down the years, Marc Pugh for Hereford was the biggest.

Another was 16 year old Jordon Ibe for Wycombe, a month later he signed for Liverpool.

So natural talent was a yes.

I’d be inclined to keep - if we get relegated offer him a reduced 12 month contract and maybe just maybe he could find some form in the Championship?

;