Jordon Ibe

I was trying to find the thread when he was going to sign/ed for us and the various comments at the time.

Put Jordan Ibe in the search but couldn’t find it.

I remember when we we in talks to sign him there was the quotes in he media that he was taking a couple of days to think over his future. I don't believe he was ever 100% committed to the move.
Like a lot of things this was blown totally out of proportion at the time. It was our first ever really high profile transfer. I believe it took about 4 days to complete the deal. Compare that to some of sagas we see now and how long they take.

I felt the lack of understanding among some of our fans about how transfers work meant a minority were never going to accept him here. Of course that doesn’t excuse how he has conducted himself since but it’s not fair to rewrite history based on misunderstandings

Like a lot of things this was blown totally out of proportion at the time. It was our first ever really high profile transfer. I believe it took about 4 days to complete the deal. Compare that to some of sagas we see now and how long they take.

I felt the lack of understanding among some of our fans about how transfers work meant a minority were never going to accept him here. Of course that doesn’t excuse how he has conducted himself since but it’s not fair to rewrite history based on misunderstandings

i imagine we were quite excited to get him but without the thread I can’t remember. We probably thought it was a lot of cash but those that witnessed his game for Birmingham against us (despite us winning) would have seen his potential.

I was in Liverpool this week and talking to some fans who were teasing me about buying their stand as they tend to do.

Brad Smith and Solanke were beyond debate to a man they all said they were absolutely useless and that they couldn’t believe what the club held out for and got from the only interested party.

Ibe was more interesting. There was a real split because they said when he first broke into the team there he was outstanding and in some games unplayable. Some people I guess just lack something in the head or some desire. It’s a shame as we have seen it in flashes and certainly against us for other sides. Someone will get him on a free so therefore a bargain but you suspect if Rogers, Klopp and Howe can’t unlock a player nobody can.
Smith and Solanke may of been useless according to some Liverpool fans, but that doesn't follow they will be with another club......look what Charlton fans said about Francis. .....De Bruyne and Salah at Chelsea.....may be in the minority but don't think smith was given much of a chance here

I was in Liverpool this week and talking to some fans who were teasing me about buying their stand as they tend to do.

Brad Smith and Solanke were beyond debate to a man they all said they were absolutely useless and that they couldn’t believe what the club held out for and got from the only interested party.

Ibe was more interesting. There was a real split because they said when he first broke into the team there he was outstanding and in some games unplayable. Some people I guess just lack something in the head or some desire. It’s a shame as we have seen it in flashes and certainly against us for other sides. Someone will get him on a free so therefore a bargain but you suspect if Rogers, Klopp and Howe can’t unlock a player nobody can.
Maybe a bargain financially but if he's disappointed cos he didn't make the grade at Liverpool and then has shown a poor attitude at AFCB, I'm not sure this is going to change at any other club.
Lets face it ... it may well only be a Championship club that takes him. I see a downward spiral.

I remember being excited by his signing at the time but there was a lot of concern over the fee.
As said above,it must have been a huge shock to leave Anfield and come to little old Bournemouth and be kept out of the side by Marc Pugh,Junior and Wee Man.
I actually think Solanke has already made good strides in the team despite not scoring yet,i dont remember Jordon making two assists in a match winning game.....

I remember being excited by his signing at the time but there was a lot of concern over the fee.
As said above,it must have been a huge shock to leave Anfield and come to little old Bournemouth and be kept out of the side by Marc Pugh,Junior and Wee Man.
I actually think Solanke has already made good strides in the team despite not scoring yet,i dont remember Jordon making two assists in a match winning game.....

Let's not discount Solanke's goal against Luton, it was well deserved.

People forget he was actually making strides in his second season with us but the arrival of Brooks the following summer seem to shatter his confidence.

Here's your two assists in a game for us:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41196761

I suspect he'll do alright somewhere in the Championship next season and people here will look on and wonder why. It's at his door that it didn't work but still a shame we couldn't unlock it.

;