Jordon Ibe

I’d be inclined to keep - if we get relegated offer him a reduced 12 month contract and maybe just maybe he could find some form in the Championship?
If we get relegated, why would he want to stay with us given he hasn't got any playing time? He's not going to sign for Real Madrid, but surely other Championship clubs would be glad to give him a try.

Like many things in life, you only find out the real truth years after the event. Think we'll have to wait for Eddie's autobiography for the Jordongate story.

Well, I’ve never been one for having much of a memory of opposition players. A few stood out down the years, Marc Pugh for Hereford was the biggest.

Another was 16 year old Jordon Ibe for Wycombe, a month later he signed for Liverpool.

So natural talent was a yes.

He also destroyed Franno when at Derby and was superb against him for Birmingham despite being on a heavily losing side. This will be why we signed him... we liked signing players that had Worldys against us... King, Daniels, Ritchie etc

Well, I’ve never been one for having much of a memory of opposition players. A few stood out down the years, Marc Pugh for Hereford was the biggest.

Another was 16 year old Jordon Ibe for Wycombe, a month later he signed for Liverpool.

So natural talent was a yes.
Fair enough. Never saw him play before he joined us so can’t comment on that. I just know that he has never displayed any of this natural talent while playing for us, unless losing possession of a football is a natural talent.

Reactions: DJ
He also destroyed Franno when at Derby and was superb against him for Birmingham despite being on a heavily losing side. This will be why we signed him... we liked signing players that had Worldys against us... King, Daniels, Ritchie etc
I was at that Derby game and didn’t notice him to be honest, know that he was supposed to have been decent for them in the championship though. I just don’t see it, he’s got a bit of pace granted, but very little skill and next to no strength. The only way he ever beats a man is kick it and run Liam Feeney style. The lower leagues are littered with wingers like this, players who’s only asset is their pace. The only things that Jordon has that they don’t is a deluded sense of his own importance and an impeding court case.

If we get relegated, why would he want to stay with us given he hasn't got any playing time? He's not going to sign for Real Madrid, but surely other Championship clubs would be glad to give him a try.

Stan couldn't buy a game for us in the Championship (regularly not in the match day squad) but became a key player in the Premier league.

Stan couldn't buy a game for us in the Championship (regularly not in the match day squad) but became a key player in the Premier league.
I don't follow your logic.
Unless you mean, Ibe can't get a game for us in the PL, but once we're in the Champions League then he'll blossom?

Looks like Jordon has deleted everything connected with him as an AFCB player on his social media. Maybe a "are you ok hun " is in order ....

Jordan is a lost cause. He's been given ample opportunity to prove himself for AFCB and has not rewarded Eddie in that respect.
Add to that his car calamities ..... nearly crashed into the back of me whilst he was texting in his car, and crashes in London into shopfront .... ??? was he under the influence.
Time to move him on for whatever pittance we can get back. Shocking financial business.

I don't care how many millions he's earned out of the game; he's going to look back on his career underachievement in years to come and cry.

What waste of talent.

As AFCB fans the only positive you can take from this fiasco is that other players, especially the younger ones, will look and learn from Ibe's mistakes.

I was in Liverpool this week and talking to some fans who were teasing me about buying their stand as they tend to do.

Brad Smith and Solanke were beyond debate to a man they all said they were absolutely useless and that they couldn’t believe what the club held out for and got from the only interested party.

Ibe was more interesting. There was a real split because they said when he first broke into the team there he was outstanding and in some games unplayable. Some people I guess just lack something in the head or some desire. It’s a shame as we have seen it in flashes and certainly against us for other sides. Someone will get him on a free so therefore a bargain but you suspect if Rogers, Klopp and Howe can’t unlock a player nobody can.

Agree with all of the above. A £15m signing at the time was a huge statement by the club. Although he'd only performed for Wycombe , Liverpool saw enough in him to take him to Anfield. Personally I think the timing was wrong. We had such a tight group of lower league players that excelled and performed at their highest possible personal level , when Jordon turned up with the big transfer fee, the diamond earrings and the attitude that he was a big signing from Liverpool it didn't fit in with our club. Like others have said he will one day realise that he has wasted every opportunity to make a statement in the PL. He will always be the ' one that could've been'.
I shan't miss him when he goes.

I was in Liverpool this week and talking to some fans who were teasing me about buying their stand as they tend to do.

Brad Smith and Solanke were beyond debate to a man they all said they were absolutely useless and that they couldn’t believe what the club held out for and got from the only interested party.

Ibe was more interesting. There was a real split because they said when he first broke into the team there he was outstanding and in some games unplayable. Some people I guess just lack something in the head or some desire. It’s a shame as we have seen it in flashes and certainly against us for other sides. Someone will get him on a free so therefore a bargain but you suspect if Rogers, Klopp and Howe can’t unlock a player nobody can.

I wonder if he ever got over being effectively released my Liverpool and Klopp. I remember when we we in talks to sign him there was the quotes in he media that he was taking a couple of days to think over his future. I don't believe he was ever 100% committed to the move.

There was an interesting article on the BBC yesterday about Berahino, not quite the same situation but another example of a talented player's head going AWOL.

;