Joshua King

Takes a lot of confidence to take on Man City with only 9 outfield players. I am inclined to leave team selection to Eddie

I think that's the innovative strategy being proposed by Springbournered: play with only 10 men for the first 30 minutes, let City think it's a walk in the park, then suddenly Afobe comes on without warning.

I certainly feel there's an opportunity here. Maybe I'm being way too optimistic but with City flying, we really haven't had the rub of the green at times and other times maybe had one or two errors of judgement. But the half hour spell at Everton and the first half against Arsenal make me think we still have enough to pull off a surprise tonight.
Swap things about second half, go 4-4-2 bring on Afobe and Ibe, I think there really is a point to salvage tonight, who knows maybe even all 3!

Ordinarily when a game comes around with literally everything pointing to a heavy defeat I fancy us to knick something. I just can't see it here though if our defence does end up being Cook, Mings and Smith against their lethal attack. I would love it if they proved me wrong though.

I think we looked a lot worse when Afobe came on, he doesn't press in the sane way, we looked great when we were pressuring them all over the pitch, lost a lot of energy when King wasn't at point

I agree , and I really fear for the rest of the season if we have mings there, sad thing is i don't doubt his commitment he's just not up to the current task.

Really hope stanislas can recover some of his form we know he's capable of, Surman really cant see it , need stan , pugh and arter, especially if Wiltshire is out, if it comes down to a dogfight back to basics, ibe showed glimpses but just not ready for this kind of fight.

we need the bulldog spirit here on out & the wiltshire injury (hope its not too bad) may just give us that old fire in the belly midfield

....Ibe didn't track back to help Smith enough....both of their goals came from that wing....and Ibe was lacking both times...which is probably why Howe doesn't play him much?

Boruc, Francis , Cook, Ake, Daniels, Stanislas, Arter, Gosling, Fraser, King Wilson.

Starting x11 against arsenal whats the reason we cant play afobe and king together then its just the central defence dilemma

hell i just saw the table back then even though i already knew just shows what a turning point it was or was it that cursed fa cup rest

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38440999

I thought this was Mings best performance in a cherries shirt, the own goal was unlucky, and to be fair five years ago it would never be given as an og. Still not my first choice, just more confident in him than I was six hours ago

the og was one of those unavoidables, but what about that calamity touch in the penalty box that nearly gifted a goal, when it should have just been lofted up field.

Willo school of football :grin:

Pleasing to see difference between his swept in placed one last week and his short back lift blasted one today. Makes it harder for keepers to read.

.....the no King is a great player for us...always gives 100 per cent and his pens are clinical

NorwayFoot? @NorwayFoot 29 minutes ago
Tv2 reports that Joshua King had some problems with his back in training today, and had to end the session. Horrible news if true

"some problems"
"Horrible news"

Those two statements don't seem to fit together. I interpret one as a minor strain, and the other as 'gone to hospital in an ambulance'.

abts - 24/3/2017 14:16

"some problems"
"Horrible news"

Those two statements don't seem to fit together. I interpret one as a minor strain, and the other as 'gone to hospital in an ambulance'.

Bearing in mind it was a Norwegian tweet, I'd suggest it would be pretty horrible news for them if he missed out on playing in a qualifier for them.

;