Joshua King

This may not be totally accurate but Eddie spotted him whilst manager of Burnley watching the reserves play Blackburn reserves. Josh had all the talent but couldn't get close to United's first team, took a step down but wasn't a regular @ Blackburn. Eddie bought him here, then took 12 - 24 months to get him to play at his best. Last 2 seasons, he's only shown his best very rarely.
He went off the boil because his dream move to a club that suits his talents fell through. He then went to Everton, a much bigger club than us and Watford, he wasn't motivated enough to be anything more than a "time wasting" sub. He's 29, not many trees going to be pulled up around Vicarage Road : )
…that’s because there aren’t any trees around Vicarage Road ;)

If he can get fit and motivated again he will be a good signing for them as he has got goals in him and he is our top scorer in the PL of all time which was playing out from the wing mostly. I can see why Watford took a punt on him as he always scored against them.

If he can get fit and motivated again he will be a good signing for them as he has got goals in him and he is our top scorer in the PL of all time which was playing out from the wing mostly. I can see why Watford took a punt on him as he always scored against them.
The worry is that he couldn’t do enough to impress at Everton, so not much reason to expect him to suddenly impress Watford enough to be a regular starter. At least not unless he has a major change in attitude, I would have thought. I agree with Brian. I predict he won’t get too many starts next season.

The worry is that he couldn’t do enough to impress at Everton, so not much reason to expect him to suddenly impress Watford enough to be a regular starter. At least not unless he has a major change in attitude, I would have thought. I agree with Brian. I predict he won’t get too many starts next season.

Didn't he have a go at Ancelotti for not playing him when they had no strikers available? Although he may have been unfit I think perhaps playing him would've made him more up to speed for Everton and the longer he's the pitch the more likely he is to put a chance away but you can hardly say he got a fair crack at Everton fitness aside.

I think there's still a decent player in there. Our relegation season I'd say he was our best forward, with Wilson and Fraser having gone on strike effectively.
I hope I'm wrong, but can see him scoring enough goals to keep Watford up. Sorry Mark_WFC, but let's face it you're really a Cherry waiting to come out

Not a bad free signing to be honest. I think the level is about right to re-establish himself. If his head is in the right place, there aren't that many Norwegian internationals better than him.
Probably the best Norwegian player named King, but only just. I think he should shorten his first name to Jo (Jo King!). A player who lost his way and ended up at Whatfor.

Don’t think they’ll concede too many, it will be scoring them that is the issue
To be honest the lad they signed from Brugge or wherever it was is lightning fast, and there are not many players quicker than Sarr, if they can get Josh fit I think they will be set up nicely for counter attacking football.

Last edited:
really? i cant think of any apart from the lad they paid £40m for....?
minus 30 gd is my prediction
Well the vast majority of their team were in the Premier league with Watford and with the exception of the relegation season they done fine. The likes of Danny Rose, Tom Cleverley, Ben Foster have played almost their entire careers at Premier league level.

Good luck to Josh King. He didn't have a fair chance at Everton. Did very well for us on the whole and we should have let him go to West Ham at the start of last season, especially if we didn't intend to start him. I think this opportunity will be good for him and Watford. I believe there is a lot more life in King yet. He can enjoy catching up with Dan Gosling too, who also deserved a good new start and did well for Watford last season.

;