Kieffer Moore

Good find. Seems very likely he will be on the move in January. Which of course asks the question who we will be signing to make him surplus to requirements.
This is out of left field at the moment, but a rumour has sprung up here that the Kieffer Moore deal involves a swap for our right back Perry Ng, with a sizeable wedge of cash heading for South Wales.

Not claiming to be in the know and it may be complete rubbish.

This is out of left field at the moment, but a rumour has sprung up here that the Kieffer Moore deal involves a swap for our right back Perry Ng, with a sizeable wedge of cash heading for South Wales.

Is he solely a right back or can he also play left back? If he was a left back, this would make sense.

We have Milos Kerkez and Lloyd Kelly who can play left back but the likelihood is that Kelly will be off in January and we will need more options for left back and centre back.

Whilst right back isn’t a position that’s as critical for us. Max Aarons is currently injured but we still have Adam Smith, Chris Mepham and theoretically Ryan Fredericks.

Thats a theory and a half.

Ryan hasn't been able to play for over 12 months.

We are short in most defensive areas.

Is he solely a right back or can he also play left back? If he was a left back, this would make sense.

We have Milos Kerkez and Lloyd Kelly who can play left back but the likelihood is that Kelly will be off in January and we will need more options for left back and centre back.

Whilst right back isn’t a position that’s as critical for us. Max Aarons is currently injured but we still have Adam Smith, Chris Mepham and theoretically Ryan Fredericks.
He can play LB, but is much more effective at RB. He played most of last season at right centre back of a back five and his all round game improved tremendously.

Not the Singaporean Denny Mundee….

Transfermarkt says this..

Screenshot_2023-12-08-08-45-13-370_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Meps and Fredericks are not credible right back options despite both being very good players

Meps and Fredericks are not credible right back options despite both being very good players

They’re good enough cover as a third and fourth choice option.

We don’t have that at left back, if/when Kelly goes was my point. We won’t even have a second choice option.

We don’t have that at left back, if/when Kelly goes was my point. We won’t even have a second choice option.

It's not Fredericks' quality as a RB that makes him not a credible option tbf.

That’s not credible on so many levels. NG is not our type of young player with potential mould and if we do get a more experienced player our past record suggest a loan or free transfer. I also see (wiki) that you will pay a max £500k for NG - for us to be sending a Cash Truck to South Wales he’s have to be valued at at least £5m now. I think KM is worth pretty much still what we paid for him to a top Championship Club trying to ‘get over the line’ and that was apparently between £3-5m. I could see us swapping him for a fb or even as a makeweight for a forward like Adams at Southampton (if our alleged Summer interest was accurate).
Players going back also very rarely works and I recall that after an excellent Season there - fans were criticising KM’s injury record and application. Lots of ‘good riddance’ comments on your forum at the time of his transfer.
I think a Club like Bristol City might appeal or even Ipswich. I’d be quite happy if he stays but if a move is best then he’ll leave with 100% best wishes.
Whatever happens I hope Cardiff do well this Season - a decent Club with a passionate fanbase.

Correct Mepham is not a credible choice at right back as he does not possess the pace to get up and down the line. Neither is he of any use when playing three at the back as he does not have to pace to cover the gap on the right

Fredericks is a decent first choice player but just never fit

I don’t see meps as a full back at this level if we want attacking output

James Hill has also been doing very well at RB for Blackburn by all accounts.

If Ng was a LB who could also play CB (a la Kelly) I could see it, but I think we're pretty well stocked on the right side

Reactions: DJ
It's not Fredericks' quality as a RB that makes him not a credible option tbf.
Correct Mepham is not a credible choice at right back as he does not possess the pace to get up and down the line. Neither is he of any use when playing three at the back as he does not have to pace to cover the gap on the right
Fredericks is a decent first choice player but just never fit

I don’t see meps as a full back at this level if we want attacking output

So a right back is more of a priority than a left back when/if Lloyd Kelly leaves?

;