Lewis Dunk

Hahahaha, I've had a very long weekend, and had almost forgotten this so I also am laughing at this all over again

Its funny until they actually sell him for that amount, giving them a financial boost that would allow them to greatly improve their whole squad.

Seems Brendan Rodgers has other ideas and Dunk is too expensive.

“Leicester have looked at Burnley's James Tarkowski and Brighton's Lewis Dunk as possible replacements for Maguire, but we've been told Brendan Rodgers doesn't believe that either player represents good value for money - they would each likely cost more than £40m in the current market.”

LEICESTER NOT TARGETING NEW CB

Leicester City have no plans to buy a new central defender in this transfer window, even if Harry Maguire leaves for Manchester United or Manchester City, Sky Sports News understands

Maguire has told his teammates and Leicester bosses that he wants to leave, but he still has four years left on his current contract, and Leicester are holding out for a new world record fee for a defender before they will let him go.

Manchester United have made a £70m bid for the England defender, and City have indicated they would match United's fee, but neither offer has tempted Leicester so far.

Leicester have looked at Burnley's James Tarkowski and Brighton's Lewis Dunk as possible replacements for Maguire, but we've been told Brendan Rodgers doesn't believe that either player represents good value for money - they would each likely cost more than £40m in the current market.

Instead, Rodgers will look to 22-year-old Filip Benkovic, after a successful season on loan at Celtic where he played 27 times for the Scottish champions, and Turkish international Caglar Soyuncu who's impressed Rodgers in training. If Maguire leaves, they will be asked to anchor the Leicester defence alongside one of the more experienced duo of Johnny Evans and Wes Morgan for the coming Premier League season.

Well I'm glad they're not targeting CB as they can't have me, although a few of you would be quite happy to see that transfer go through I'm sticking around

Didnt they buy Maguire from Hull?
Now technically Garbo is correct assuming Sheff Utd had a sell on from their sale to Hull. There is talk of Hull’s sell on being worth £10m. Sheff Utd would of course be due their slice of that too which might be a not insignificant figure.

Seems in today’s transfer market you can put what price you want on players....I still can’t get my head around AFCB paying over ten million a pop for unproven players like we have had to in today’s crazy market...

....at some point the PL cash will surely taper off and the transfer market will stabilise?

We have seen 80/90 million pound players who never seem worth that sort of money like Pogba and now Maguire?

SSN

'DUNK IS BRIGHTON'S HEARTBEAT'
Lewis Dunk is vital to Brighton's success, Sky Sports News' Mark McAdam tells Good Morning Transfers.

For all Mark McAdam’s contacts in the game regarding transfers, especially AFCB, he has some very strange opinions on football itself. Earlier this week he was bigging up Andy Carroll and Charlie Austin and now Lewis Dunk.

For all Mark McAdam’s contacts in the game regarding transfers, especially AFCB, he has some very strange opinions on football itself. Earlier this week he was bigging up Andy Carroll and Charlie Austin and now Lewis Dunk.
...maybe he's been out in the sun a bit too much?

I guess we forget that it's not really his job to report the news, but to hype stories and sell adverts, so bigging up certain players will get him a lot more views

;