Lloyd Kelly

A most excellent and realistic comment. Kelly is clearly stalling on signing a new highly improved contract and so, will be off in January like a rat out of an aquaduct.
Or he will stay until the end of the season like Lerma, Fraser and King then leave on a free transfer allowing his new club to give him a lucrative signing on fee from the money saved on a transfer. Do keep up with the current trends in the game.

Or he will stay until the end of the season like Lerma, Fraser and King then leave on a free transfer allowing his new club to give him a lucrative signing on fee from the money saved on a transfer. Do keep up with the current trends in the game.
You may well be correct. However, rather like the examples you have quoted, Kelly may well stay and just see his time out and not give us his full commitment. In which case he will just be a very expensive passenger.

You may well be correct. However, rather like the examples you have quoted, Kelly may well stay and just see his time out and not give us his full commitment. In which case he will just be a very expensive passenger.
Lerma never ever gave less than 100% that is why the whole crowd chanted his name at his last home game of his time with us.

Lerma never ever gave less than 100% that is why the whole crowd chanted his name at his last home game of his time with us.
You are correct with regard to Lerma. But we are not discussing Lerma. Rather like Fraser and King, Kelly could switch off if we don't grant a move. If we let him go in January we will get a reasonble fee for him. If we keep him we could wind up with a non playing passenger who will walk away for nothing at the end of the season.

You are correct with regard to Lerma. But we are not discussing Lerma. Rather like Fraser and King, Kelly could switch off if we don't grant a move. If we let him go in January we will get a reasonble fee for him. If we keep him we could wind up with a non playing passenger who will walk away for nothing at the end of the season.
You were the one that implied that Lerma did not try in his last few months, not me.

Posted 30 minutes ago. Would they post it if he was going?

(For those who find links difficult, this is direct to a YouTube video of Llloyd Kelly doing a Ball Swap Challenge. ;-)
Not sure when that was recorded- saw it a couple of weeks ago and today I saw James Hill in AFCB kit doing the same challenge

Spurs losing 4-0 at Brighton - they might just be keen to secure a cb. £15m and I’d let him go - buy or loan a fb and bring Hill back.

Think Kelly is the sort of player who would give his all. Thus, responded to the disappointment at not signing for spurs earlier in the season by playing very well.
Got no problem that he will not give 100%, but any money is better than losing him for free, helps with our FFP

Got no problem that he will not give 100%, but any money is better than losing him for free, helps with our FFP
That’s my point re the league position - there is a tipping point between keeping until end of season to maximise league position merit income and selling now with a decent fee. No one sure what the latter is - if a low amount, then FFP helped more by a merit payment

A month ago I would have said that I think Kelly individually is our best pure defender. But the more Zabarnyi plays and the more he slots in, it’s clear to see why he’s rated so highly. While I still think Kelly is good, I don’t see the point in disrupting the current CB partnership that looks so accomplished. Zabarnyi is deceptively quick, aggressive, and has eliminated his errors now too and looks excellent defensively. Senesi complements him very well by being such a good passer of the ball and dictating play from deep (also cut out most of his errors too).

Think we’ll be seeing him at LB for the foreseeable future, which is fine by me. He’s looked good there. Unless we sell him, which’ll be a shame but I wouldn’t be too upset about now. Hopefully Kerkez is back soon.

With 6 months to go on his contract, will we get much money for him? £20m would be great but not sure anyone will pay that

I would rather we keep him for the season but, with a decent December under our belt, less worried now. However, all you need is an injury to zabarnyi or Senesi and the squad looks threadbare in central defensive unless AI pulls another rabbit from his hat and converts brooks to cb.

Thus, if we sell, then a need a decent replacement lined up that is first team ready - a lot of our signings take time to settle in here especially with AI’s high press
Kilkenny to CB;)

I said earlier on on this thread that I thought the other players (current centre half pairing and Kerkez) were better than Kelly. I’m absolutely far from a Kelly hater, he looked really good before his injury, but it looks as though Ouattara might well offer more as a left back than Kelly would. While this could be seen as rose tinted due to the current great form of the team, having Kerkez then Ouattara as back up fits. It also finds a position for these surplus of wingers the club has accumulated.

It’s very unlikely Bournemouth will be relegated therefore I think it’s best to sell him in January rather than have him run his contact down. The club will be able to get a centre half replacement of some sort in the same window and wouldn’t be surprised if they end up with an upgrade.

Just to add I think the best case is he sings a new contract but I think he’ll be off in January.

;