Marc Pugh

True legend and he could do a good job in the championship! But no longer a premier league player I'm afraid.

THAT goal v Bolton. An Explosion of Emotion! Most Electrifying Moment in our history ? Closely followed in time and magnitude by Ritchies Wallop and Callums Cracker!
Other great moments of course were;
Fletchers point stretcher.
Cutler taming the Wolves.
Norris v Spurs.
Bedford v Busby babes.
Ted Mac v Villa- THE most impressive strike?
Cook and Ake v Liverpool
Plenty of other specials from B.Coxon, A.Groves. T.Aylott. R. Bolton . B.Pitman and many more.
But Pughs moment is the one that hits the bell!

Last edited:
Always gives it everything though, can never fault his effort. Jordon needs to take a leaf out of his book. Not sure it would make him a great player but at least we could start warming to him. Will always love Pughie, lovely down to earth guy too. Decent performance after so long without a game.

I didn’t actually think he played that well tonight. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve nothing but respect for Pugh and he’ll always be a legend, but first half he looked knackered and a bit all over the place... Lot better second half, with some nice touches, but I still think he’s gonna struggle getting much more game time this season...

I was only able to see part of the second half but Pugh was impressive. Looked like one of our best players.
Of course, Norwich looked like the better team . . .

Love Marc Pugh but his time is up in the Premier League. the game is just too quick for him now and sadly the jinking and cruyff turns that worked all the way from L1, and even the first year in the PL, just don't happen anymore.

Nice cameo performance from Pugh. Can’t see him getting much premier time now but still enjoy watching him play. Hope he stays with the club in some capacity beyond his playing days

When did Pugh sign for us...? Must be close to ten years now???

...Just answered my own question... 8 years ago and a contract running out his summer...(according to wiki)... if this is true, big decisions as to how Eddie plays his next contract... Would love Pugh to get to the 10 year mark with us but I wonder the worth in giving him anything beyond a 1 yr extension...

Last edited:
Pugh is an ideal role model and character to have around the club, a consummate professional, very humble, enjoys living locally with his kids all schooled locally. I can very much imagine AFCB would want him to stay well beyond his playing days in some coaching capacity. I think like Surman and Francis, Pugh is one of Eddie's biggest lieutenants around the club.

It would of course be Pugh's decision though, as he won't be playing often here these days.

He'll be off to Spurs with Eddie and the rest of 'em, there'll be so many they'll travel to work on a Bluebird coach each day : )

Pugh is an ideal role model and character to have around the club, a consummate professional, very humble, enjoys living locally with his kids all schooled locally. I can very much imagine AFCB would want him to stay well beyond his playing days in some coaching capacity. I think like Surman and Francis, Pugh is one of Eddie's biggest lieutenants around the club.

It would of course be Pugh's decision though, as he won't be playing often here these days.

Tempting to think which (if any) of eddie’s players will go on to manage us?

Wonder if Eddie will match John bond, who had such an impact on future afcb managers with machin, benson, his son and redknapp becoming managers plus fred Davies, Gabriel and Bobby howe coaches!

Or redknapp who signed pulis, bond junior, Quinn and o’driscoll before they became the boss.

Think Eddie was directly influenced by four of the above too.

;