Mark Travers

This is fantastic. Ramsdale went for over 20m+ and Travers is comfortably better in my eyes, only reasons he doesn’t get wider recognition like Rambo did are the fact that he isn’t English and that he isn’t such a big ‘character.’ In fact if Travers was English I think he’d have top clubs bidding for him this summer.

Mark Travers has spoken with afcb.co.uk about being back with the lads following the winter break.

The goalkeeper linked up with the team for the mid-season camp in Dubai, having been called up to the Ireland squad ahead of their two friendlies against Norway and Malta.

He admitted how good it was to be back and how much he's relishing working under Gary O'Neil, who last week was confirmed as the club's new head coach.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/travers-updates-on-first-full-day-in-dubai/

This is fantastic. Ramsdale went for over 20m+ and Travers is comfortably better in my eyes, only reasons he doesn’t get wider recognition like Rambo did are the fact that he isn’t English and that he isn’t such a big ‘character.’ In fact if Travers was English I think he’d have top clubs bidding for him this summer.
This didn't last long, your now saying he's not good enough

This didn't last long, your now saying he's not good enough
He’s struggled massively this season, I still stand by the statement that his potential exceeds Ramsdale’s, however he clearly isn’t ready for the top flight just yet. Despite our poor game management, I’m confident we’d have had at least 2 points from Tottenham and Leeds with Neto in goal.

He’s struggled massively this season, I still stand by the statement that his potential exceeds Ramsdale’s, however he clearly iĥsn’t ready for the top flight just yet. Despite our poor game management, I’m confident we’d have had at least 2 points from Tottenham and Leeds with Neto in goal.

Not sure I'd agree with that. He'd have played more for eire already if that was the case. And yes, inknow that's about ability more, rather than potential.

And you honestly think being Irish hinders his price/rep? Maybe if he was playing in/for Mozambique, but not an Irish man playing in English football.

Because he’s not as good as I/we thought.
But surely he can see the goals he is letting in after the game and think what he could of done to make it more difficult for the forward to score. He is also static at corners and free kicks.
Its not a one off, its every game.

But surely he can see the goals he is letting in after the game and think what he could of done to make it more difficult for the forward to score. He is also static at corners and free kicks.
Its not a one off, its every game.
You would hope the GK coaches of Moss and Stewart would sit down and do post match analysing with him.

his confidence is shot to bits like the rest of the team but at 23 he's got to be the youngest keeper in any top league?
the thick end of 10 years until he reaches his prime

A harsh comparison, but Gianluigi Donnarumma is also 23. He's a bit of a freak though so you're right, plenty of time to mature into the position.

Although Ramsdale was 23 when he became Arsenal number 1, so 21 when he was in goal for us when we got relegated.

It's a tricky one. If we stay up and could persuade Neto to sign for another year I'd be all in favour of a Travers loan to the Championship next year. I think the game time at a level where he knows he excels would do him good. If we go down, I think he jersey will be his so no worries then.

;