Nathan Ake

11. But there is some leeway up to 1 if something is already underway. I don't really understand but it seems possible.

The fact he wasn't on the bench today seemed strange. Not sure why Eddie would say no more incomings at 10.15 then sky say it's possible

Sounds like a slow transfer news day. Sky reporting a last minute flurry of activity, 45 mins after Eddie has already confirmed that we had failed in our attempts. And now Chelsea saying it was a non starter. Methinks Sky Sports have been making it up as they went along.

Not even on the bench tonight.

Great management for the lads confidence.

Anyway, the Daily Snail is reporting we are supposed to be going back in for him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4308646/Bournemouth-set-reignite-chase-former-loanee-Ake.html

Just seen David's thread - great minds etc ....

2nd edit David :grin:

Although he looked good, is he really the right player given the apparent emergence of Mings?

Cook, Mings and Ake all wanting to play the left side of CB.

kirsikka - 13/3/2017 21:20

Although he looked good, is he really the right player given the apparent emergence of Mings?

Good back up for those games against Cheltenham U21's

kirsikka - 13/3/2017 20:20

He played LB for Watford and did very well there. With Daniels getting up there in age I think he could be his future replacement or even start ahead of him depending on how he looks next year. Yes we like our FB's to bomb forward but i don't see why he couldn't grow into that kind of LB. He's got pace, good passing and awareness. Would be better than Daniels defensively too in my opinion.

We still don't know how Mings will look at LB in the PL (although I think he'll be good if played there). I think having a guy like Ake who can be a quality starter at LB, CB and CDM is exactly what we need to ensure we don't have a repeat of our poor defensive depth this season.

;