Neto

They weren't absolute howlers.

First one he saves but palmed it into a bad area.

Second he could or should have called for as a rising Solanke would have blocked his view of the balls flight until the split second it reached him.

They weren't absolute howlers.

First one he saves but palmed it into a bad area.

Second he could or should have called for as a rising Solanke would have blocked his view of the balls flight until the split second it reached him.
You’ve basically just agreed with me, he should do better for both.

Its not under the radar at all.

He is very limited and doesn’t seem to learn from his mistakes.

Worst keeper since poor old Peter Guthrie and as far as I know doesn’t rock the Sports Jacket and Cravat combo like old Guthers did.

Don’t think it helps Travers argument to start that despite Neto being terrible at commanding his area, and Travers being 6’3” and built like a tank, Travers has looked even worse dealing with crosses and anything in the air. It’s bizarre because he is huge and could clear out even the biggest of strikers and centre backs but just seems so timid commanding his box.
Agree we should be looking for an upgrade, but don’t think Travers is it.

Don’t think it helps Travers argument to start that despite Neto being terrible at commanding his area, and Travers being 6’3” and built like a tank, Travers has looked even worse dealing with crosses and anything in the air. It’s bizarre because he is huge and could clear out even the biggest of strikers and centre backs but just seems so timid commanding his box.
Agree we should be looking for an upgrade, but don’t think Travers is it.
Neto came in and did really well last season. There were still questions then about his ability to catch in tight situations when balls came in, but his shot stopping was pretty solid. Now he seems to have lost confidence with this. I wonder if our expectations have increased as well, and maybe we're noticing problems more than we did last season, but I'm not sure. No idea what the answer is this season. Giving Travers a go might lift his (Mark's) spirits, and we could see improvement, but as others have said, in cup matches, Travers hasn't looked that convincing when crosses have come in either. I suspect Andoni might keep Neto there this season, but let's see. Would love to see Rambo come back to us next season.. Let's see what happens.

Neto came in and did really well last season. There were still questions then about his ability to catch in tight situations when balls came in, but his shot stopping was pretty solid. Now he seems to have lost confidence with this. I wonder if our expectations have increased as well, and maybe we're noticing problems more than we did last season, but I'm not sure. No idea what the answer is this season. Giving Travers a go might lift his (Mark's) spirits, and we could see improvement, but as others have said, in cup matches, Travers hasn't looked that convincing when crosses have come in either. I suspect Andoni might keep Neto there this season, but let's see. Would love to see Rambo come back to us next season.. Let's see what happens.
Neither Rambo or Trav. would be the first choice for Andoni, Klopp, Guardiola or Arteta. They are a pretty good shot stoppers but both are quite bad sweeper keepers (not suitable for this quick playing from the back modern football tactic). Ever time when we have Trav. in our goal we do not play from the back and he kicks long balls (quite often not even accurately) which is completely opposite to our new tactic. Rambo is not better and he proved that today as well. Unfortunately, we can't afford someone like Alison but hopefully, AI might get someone from Spanish League.

;