New Kings Park Stadium

Agree although I'm confident corners filled in allow for a better atmosphere. Holds the noise in the ground.

Bowl is optimum imo. But don't want it to fall into the bland, characterless, cheap looking replica half the other clubs have. Not my money of course, just my dream!
I always thought the Stade Jean Bouin (next to the Parc de Princes) was an interesting take on a traditional bowl… albeit the shape was constrained by the surrounding area, including PSG’s stadium.
1692964572302.jpeg
1692964796484.jpeg
1692964833094.jpeg

I always thought the Stade Jean Bouin (next to the Parc de Princes) was an interesting take on a traditional bowl… albeit the shape was constrained by the surrounding area, including PSG’s stadium.
View attachment 11661
View attachment 11662
View attachment 11663

Spot on my man.

Like the looks of that.

Bit of character, individuality... can't think of other English clubs thst look identical to that.

Defo has to have 1 or 2, double tiered stands to help avoid the boring, cheap bowl look.

Which it probably would if looking to fit a load of Corp boxes in. Although I guess they could be stationed at the back of single tier stands.

Hopefully not though and we'll see some two-tiers. Perhaps the remaining 2 or 3 single tier stands will be built with the option to relatively easily add a 2nd tier if on field success drives need fir more capacity.

Nagyerdei Stadion

This is the stadium I think we should be looking at - it's located in the middle of a park and is barely visible from the surrounding areas due to the trees and park landscape.
Ramps lead up to a raised external walkway where the turnstiles are which makes it perfect for disabled access with good views too.
I've been there several times and it's a cracking stadium with a good atmosphere when a decent crowd (which sadly isn't that often)

Nagyerdei Stadion

This is the stadium I think we should be looking at - it's located in the middle of a park and is barely visible from the surrounding areas due to the trees and park landscape.
Ramps lead up to a raised external walkway where the turnstiles are which makes it perfect for disabled access with good views too.
I've been there several times and it's a cracking stadium with a good atmosphere when a decent crowd (which sadly isn't that often)
I’m pretty sure AlGard suggested that the previous regime had visited that stadium sometime ago to view as a model blueprint (don’t think I dreamt that anyway!) I prefer that one to the Ferencvaros stadium that was built around about the same time.

Sure there's others, but iirc Millwall away stand always felt slightly too steep when making your way to your seat...?

Touch and go if you'd make it to your seat or go free falling down to the bottom tier!

Sure there's others, but iirc Millwall away stand always felt slightly too steep when making your way to your seat...?

Touch and go if you'd make it to your seat or go free falling down to the bottom tier!
Think Wolves is the same.

Repeating myself from the Foley thread but it was such a clearly communicated statement with no hesitation it's worth saying on here as well. 2-3 years for the new stadium according to Foley. That would be incredible progress.
That sounds pretty quick to me, albeit I don’t know the plans of course. I wonder if this indicates a redevelopment of DC as opposed to something new, especially the reference to waiting for the move to the new training ground in order to start the project.

Does he mean 2-3 years to build, or open within 2-3 years?

I'll believe it when I see it.

I've tried to transcribe what he said:

---------
Foley: ...our fans (Vegas Knights), if we're 4-2 down are still with the team, still with the game. I have to motivate our fans here a little bit more. And we're going to do that by building a new stadium, have more seats for people to come to the games.

Crouch: Is that the plan?

Foley: That's the plan. We first have to finish our training facility. Once that's done we can move out of the training facility here and we can start working on the new stadium here. So it's probably two or three years off. It's just going to take us that long.
----------

I've said before I'm hoping we see planning permission go in before the season is out. It's been mentioned (somewhere on this thread probably) that we've requested potential designs from architects. If the club are already engaged in conversations with the council and can get them on side, we could put planning in around January and take a year (??? no idea but I'm guessing it won't be quick) to get over all the hurdles, construction starts immediately meaning we then have 18 months to build and deliver it on his schedule.

It won't be a Everton or Spurs style mega construction so maybe that's realistic. Although massive guesses on things from me included there on subjects where I know nothing...

Last edited:
Repeating myself from the Foley thread but it was such a clearly communicated statement with no hesitation it's worth saying on here as well. 2-3 years for the new stadium according to Foley. That would be incredible progress.
I would read into that they would have some sort of design on the table to go to planning late his year

;