New Kings Park Stadium

Well yes and 2000 hospitality tickets is a very Conservative number, could be double that
Is it? 2000 hospitality tickets at £250 a pop for Bournemouth v Luton/Burnley/Sheff Utd/Wolves etc? I’m not 100% convinced the demand is there for that. Did anyone else notice at Brentford earlier this season the sections of empty corporate seats in their main stand? I would say it was about 25% full. And that’s in London where corporate demand is far higher than Bournemouth.

I fully get that we need more hospitality than we currently have, but I’m just not convinced the demand is as great as Bill and Jim believe.

Where I think there certainly is demand is the next level down. The supporters that are happy to pay £40 for a ticket and turn up 3 hours before for decent food and drink. I’d place myself in that category too. We need the new stadium to have large supporters bars with a range of good food options, big screens showing the early kick off etc. Maybe a supporters bar designed for the kids so they can be entertained whilst the dads have a few pints and watch the early kick off. Then an away fans bar right next to the away end.

The options for pre-match food and drink near the ground isn’t great, so with the right setup you could attract a decent % of fans to turn up a couple of hours early and spend some decent money. 9000 fans spending £65-70 at the ground on match day is more revenue than 2000 spending £250. And I think it’s more realistic too.

Is it? 2000 hospitality tickets at £250 a pop for Bournemouth v Luton/Burnley/Sheff Utd/Wolves etc? I’m not 100% convinced the demand is there for that. Did anyone else notice at Brentford earlier this season the sections of empty corporate seats in their main stand? I would say it was about 25% full. And that’s in London where corporate demand is far higher than Bournemouth.

I fully get that we need more hospitality than we currently have, but I’m just not convinced the demand is as great as Bill and Jim believe.

Where I think there certainly is demand is the next level down. The supporters that are happy to pay £40 for a ticket and turn up 3 hours before for decent food and drink. I’d place myself in that category too. We need the new stadium to have large supporters bars with a range of good food options, big screens showing the early kick off etc. Maybe a supporters bar designed for the kids so they can be entertained whilst the dads have a few pints and watch the early kick off. Then an away fans bar right next to the away end.

The options for pre-match food and drink near the ground isn’t great, so with the right setup you could attract a decent % of fans to turn up a couple of hours early and spend some decent money. 9000 fans spending £65-70 at the ground on match day is more revenue than 2000 spending £250. And I think it’s more realistic too.

There’s some great examples of some huge vast supporter bars at these new stadiums. This would be awesome, especially how you describe it fitting with different demographics.

Potential for non match days as well, especially if afcb are on the tv. It won’t be thousands granted. But there would be interest. I remember there being a couple of hundred at the ground for that “beamback” game with Derby County in the championship.

Interesting, constructive post !

I like the Tier B idea - I can certainly see that working well.

There’s some great examples of some huge vast supporter bars at these new stadiums. This would be awesome, especially how you describe it fitting with different demographics.

Potential for non match days as well, especially if afcb are on the tv. It won’t be thousands granted. But there would be interest. I remember there being a couple of hundred at the ground for that “beamback” game with Derby County in the championship.

Bristol City's big main stand is a good example.

Maybe there look at running the games on gold silver bronze, priced level of team we are playing

From The Athletic:

THE PREMIER LEAGUE'S GROWING PROBLEM OF AWAY FANS IN THE 'WRONG' END.
(we get a mention)
Next month, Fulham will host Manchester United at Craven Cottage and adult tickets will cost between £67 for seats behind the goal and £160 for seats in the Riverside Stand. The Fulham Supporters’ Trust (FST) plans to protest the club’s “misguided” new price scheme which will make watching football “unaffordable” for many fans.

But there’s an element to this furore which nobody wants to admit: it is likely many of those top-priced seats will be sold to United supporters eyeing up an opportunity to watch one of the world’s best-supported teams in a prime London location.

Tickets for the game — of added appeal given Fulham’s proximity to the capital’s glitziest areas — are changing hands for many times their face value on reselling websites.

There is no way of knowing exactly how many of those in the home end will be supporting United — surely still a small minority — but it is telling that Fulham is the only club in English football to have once had a dedicated section for “neutral” fans (which no longer exists).

In most sports and in most countries, there are no clear distinctions between ‘home’ and ‘away’ sections and rival fans rub shoulders with each other while wearing opposite kits.

This can be seen happening right now in the Rugby World Cup in France or the Cricket World Cup in India. At American sports games, it is common for fans to wear jerseys of teams who are not even playing in that particular match, while in many European leagues there simply is not a big culture of travelling away fans, so there is no need for strict segregation.

But in England, with its relatively navigable geography generating a fervent away-fan culture, strict segregation is deeply ingrained in footballing culture. Overtly supporting the ‘wrong’ team is not just taboo but banned by every club.

But as Premier League football cements its place as the world’s most popular sports league and away tickets get harder and harder to come by, the prevalence of fans sitting in the ‘wrong end’ is likely to only increase.

While across the league there is zero tolerance for overt support for away fans in the home end, everybody accepts that it goes on.

“It’s a bit of an issue,” admits one Premier League club official — who spoke on the condition of anonymity to protect their position — and says ticket policies are constantly being tweaked to lower the chance of any trouble. “It’s an emotive one and it flares up now and again. We encourage home fans to report it.”

Even if they are sensible enough not to wear club colours, other details like someone’s accent or phone background can give the game away, or even lead to false accusations.

“It’s all about context,” says Michael Brunskill of the Football Supporters’ Association. “If you’re not acting like an idiot, there’s no issue.”

“We don’t get many complaints because people know to keep their head down.”

It has long been the case that fans often sit in the ‘wrong’ end, particularly at the biggest clubs where getting away tickets is extremely difficult for those without season tickets and many years of accumulated loyalty points.

While demand for tickets increases and stadiums grow, away allocations are generally fixed at 3,000 seats or even lower in several stadiums like Bournemouth, Brentford and Luton Town, meaning fans often turn to getting a ticket among the home fans and keeping their heads down — or not.

Brentford’s stadium has a capacity of 17,250, with availability outstripping fan demand (Stephanie Meek – CameraSport via Getty Images)
A particularly big occasion can exacerbate issues. There were fights in the West Bromwich Albion end when Chelsea fans bought seats to see them win the title in May 2017, in a game that meant little for West Brom.

While instances like this have always happened, the trend appears to be increasing.

Premier League popularity is increasing at breakneck speed, leaving Spain’s La Liga and Italy’s Serie A in its wake. England is the most sought-after place to watch club football in the world right now and demand for tickets is higher than ever. Stadiums are almost always full in a way that wasn’t the case 10-15 years ago.

The increasing global popularity of the game means fans may be visiting from abroad who simply do not know the norms of English football, which are very different to elsewhere.

Last year, a video went viral of a fan wearing a Tottenham tracksuit in the home end at West Ham’s London Stadium. The supporter was abused by the West Ham fans around him as he was dragged out by stewards.

His demeanour suggested he had no idea this was not the done thing amid the sound and fury of a London derby, though he surely should have been stopped by security long before getting to his seat.

Goalkeeper-turned-YouTuber Ben Foster is a Watford legend, with 207 appearances for the club across three spells. But he got in hot water with fans in October 2021 when he gave two Watford tickets to the UFC star and Liverpool supporter Paddy Pimblett.

Pimblett was duly kicked out of Vicarage Road when celebrating an away goal in the home end as part of a 5-0 Liverpool win.

“Ben Foster, I love you lad but I hope you lot go down, you’re horrible,” he said in a video message recorded outside the ground.

This incident speaks to a familiar template: fans of one of the league’s biggest clubs choosing to watch their team in the home end of one of the league’s smaller names.

But, earlier this month, even Manchester United found their ticket systems violated when thousands of Galatasaray supporters could be seen celebrating in home areas at the end of a 3-2 Champions League win for the Turkish side at Old Trafford.

United says it is “investigating” what happened, with the Red News fanzine suggesting the club may have sold “premium” seats to Turkish fans unintentionally.

All clubs have strict policies against support for the away side in home areas, including hospitality boxes, though in practice there is no way of enforcing this if people behave themselves.

For most Premier League clubs, the best way of getting tickets short of holding a season ticket is to become a paid-up “member” of the club, which gives priority access to tickets — and fans of several clubs have told The Athletic they know this happens.

If people remain quiet and do not wear club colours, however, there is no real way of enforcing this.

But as the league continues its shift from a domestic football league to a global entertainment product — and desire for tickets gets higher and higher while supply barely budges — there are likely to be more tests for one of English football’s most deeply rooted conventions.

Reading between the lines(or not as it's seemingly obvious) this 'expanding global demand' to watch what is referred to as the 'world's most popular sports league's is what the powers that be want at this club, are aiming their 'football experience' to this hitherto unexplored audience even more.

Reading between the lines(or not as it's seemingly obvious) this 'expanding global demand' to watch what is referred to as the 'world's most popular sports league's is what the powers that be want at this club, are aiming their 'football experience' to this hitherto unexplored audience even more.
Has Minj ninja stole your account?

I know of a large company that sponsors FC Copenhagen they get 10 hospitality tickets for each home game, its part of the sponsor deal.

I totally agree with you James re the above, however I believe this only applies whilst there is a real shortage of standard match day tickets.

I recon Bill & Co will consider this with regard to size of stadium as every extra 1,000 standard ticket capacity added will only reduce demand for any of the inflated match day experience options IMO.

Currently a group/family cannot buy tickets easily let alone sit together or chose an elevated position etc... so currently any of the new offerings might appear more attractive/acceptable than they otherwise would.

Reactions: DJ

Here are some great examples.

My ideal choice would be a bar like these, no booking just walk in, order food and drink etc with tvs on etc.

Obviously you have the other end of the scale in regards to hospitality as well, with all the tunnel club offerings that Man City and Brighton have.

Padded Seat is a great portal for ideas.

Here are some great examples.

My ideal choice would be a bar like these, no booking just walk in, order food and drink etc with tvs on etc.

Obviously you have the other end of the scale in regards to hospitality as well, with all the tunnel club offerings that Man City and Brighton have.

Padded Seat is a great portal for ideas.
I find the tunnel club things utterly bizarre. It’s like pretending you’re best mates with the players but they couldn’t give a toss.

Voyeurism writ large.

I find the tunnel club things utterly bizarre. It’s like pretending you’re best mates with the players but they couldn’t give a toss.

Voyeurism writ large.

Padded seat, lol.

Wasn't properly paying attention to all the videos. West Ham ground looks more akin to an airport. Not a bad thing I guess, but all a bit too shiny for me.

I guess there is a market for certain demographics wanting that experience at a match, but even if wanted to spend tge money, given the choice woukd much rather be in a 'proper' area of the ground.

Been in hospitality and Corp boxes at the old and new Dean Court, and each time, recall looking at the 'proper' areas, wishing I was there.

Much rather that than 'complimentary' drink/food and padded seats.

Been in hospitality and Corp boxes at the old and new Dean Court, and each time, recall looking at the 'proper' areas, wishing I was there.

Much rather that than 'complimentary' drink/food and padded seats.
The guy who sits next to me in the east stand three rows from the back where we have a great view of the game was recently given a birthday treat in the Top Floor restaurant, which he said was excellent. But unfortunately the seat he was given to watch the game from was low down in the corner of the main stand with a view very much worse than his usual one, so he was happy to back there for the Burnley match!

What about the idea of just going to watch your team play.
The rest of the crap you can do away from the ground ..at cheaper watering holes and eateries...for as long as you want !
Some of these ' hospitality clips' beggar belief.
Are Football fans really that bloody brain-dead.

I don't get it..I really f√cking don't !

;