New Manager Thread

Just interested, is it the way you lost. or his comments that got him into trouble. realistically you weren't going to get anything form Arsenal, Man City or Liverpool. so 3 points is about right. still plenty of time to turn it round. Just seems a strange time to get rid of a manager when there's only a few days left of the transfer window

Have you ever heard a Danny Cowley interview when they have lost? Uses jargon that nobody understands. A big no.
All I hope is that we don't get a manager who is on the roundabout of managers who chop places with each other in the UK leagues. Bring in a guy from away from the UK league who will take on board the Cherries philosophy. I may be dreaming , so what, sometimes do come true.
c'est la vie
UTC

Just interested, is it the way you lost. or his comments that got him into trouble. realistically you weren't going to get anything form Arsenal, Man City or Liverpool. so 3 points is about right. still plenty of time to turn it round. Just seems a strange time to get rid of a manager when there's only a few days left of the transfer window
I'd say definitely the comments protecting his 'image' and criticising his own players so publicly. Not my fault guv, I'm not given the tools to succeed.

Definitely the comments. The results were probably not irrelevant but blaming everyone else but himself for the drubbing at Liverpool including telling supporters that's what they should expect because his squad was so poor, well that didn't go down well with anyone.

Like most clubs we have varied opinions on managers etc. But those comments alienated even those of us who had backed him all last season. I don't think there's anyone particularly upset that he's been sacked on here, which speaks volumes.

It was his comments it seems. Because otherwise it's as you say.

Definitely the comments. The results were probably not irrelevant but blaming everyone else but himself for the drubbing at Liverpool including telling supporters that's what they should expect because his squad was so poor, well that didn't go down well with anyone.

Like most clubs we have varied opinions on managers etc. But those comments alienated even those of us who had backed him all last season. I don't think there's anyone particularly upset that he's been sacked on here, which speaks volumes.

From what I've read this morning it is not the drubbing at Liverpool that has caused SP downfall, I've been following The Cherries for 70yrs and I'm too old to take all this onboard. As long as the new guy drops or gets rid of that donkey Mepham I'll be happy,
UTC

From what I've read this morning it is not the drubbing at Liverpool that has caused SP downfall, I've been following The Cherries for 70yrs and I'm too old to take all this onboard. As long as the new guy drops or gets rid of that donkey Mepham I'll be happy,
UTC
Shame about Mepham. He was a revelation at Brentford, but it seems that he has too many mistakes in him at top level. We have seen the same playing for Wales.

TOMMY ELPHICK as interam

Nuno, Bielsa, Rodgers (long shot)

No thanks for Dyche. I think Parker did an excellent job for us apart from his fall from grace at the end (his interviews and sulks), however his brand of football was very similar to Dyche since we gave up the high press, high intensity, attacking workrate.

It's quite difficult, Rooney would have been good, what a terrible time to lose a manager!

I'd say definitely the comments protecting his 'image' and criticising his own players so publicly. Not my fault guv, I'm not given the tools to succeed.

His image only matters to those that will recruit him, other club owners. Publicly putting them down and getting in your excuses ahead of things going wrong doesn't look good at all.

It's a unique strategy i'll give him that.

;