New Old Cherry

'Flounce' is an effete middle - class Tory 'Afcb' Forum word....
...real male British football supporter words are f√cking 'leave' or 'stay'.
Why try and Americanise or buggarise a good stable working class language ?

Is having very thin skin when you get the slightest bit of criticism a "real football supporter's" trait Brian out of interest? How about self-obsession?

Reactions: Mdl
I know you can flounce out or off, but can you flounce back in?
Experts are divided on this point. Some maintain that a perfectly executed Flounceback is in fact the ideal way to return to the Forum, generally accompanied by statements such as, " I didn't actually want to come back as I have far better things to do with my time, but I could see that the Forum was suffering badly without me, missing my wit, charisma and inspirational presence".

Others declare that the superior comeback route is the "Hail The Returning Hero" option where the Flouncebacker re-emerges to a wave of popular acclaim, promising to rise above all petty squabbling and point-scoring, all for the general good. This honeymoon period is generally reckoned to last 7-10 days before normal service is resumed.

Not so old chap.
"The story behind flounce is an elusive one. The verb's earliest recorded uses in English occurred in the mid-1500s, and some scholars believe it is related to the Norwegian verb flunsa (meaning "to hurry" or "to work briskly") and Swedish flunsa ("to fall with a splash" or "to plunge"). The connection is uncertain, however, because the flunsa verbs did not appear in their respective languages until the 18th century, long after flounce surfaced in English. "

Not so old chap.
"The story behind flounce is an elusive one. The verb's earliest recorded uses in English occurred in the mid-1500s, and some scholars believe it is related to the Norwegian verb flunsa (meaning "to hurry" or "to work briskly") and Swedish flunsa ("to fall with a splash" or "to plunge"). The connection is uncertain, however, because the flunsa verbs did not appear in their respective languages until the 18th century, long after flounce surfaced in English. "
Interesting....although lthe first time i've seen it was on this Forum...

I flounse every two weeks, can't be bothered with people like Dawson or the guy who thinks Solanky is useless. Whitehead doesn't have anything positive to say since the Yanks have taken over, better to leave it to the know it alls.

And it only cropped up because you were FLOUNCING all over the place.

Until then this was a flounce-free zone.
I haven't bloody well 'flounced' .. I took a break.

These 'flounce' things are permanent are they not ?
I don't even identify with the word !

What's so important or interesting about it ?
It's all a bit stupid and pathetic if you ask me.
What difference does it make to anything if someone 'flounces'.
And...what difference to the current plight of the club ?
This Forum is one strange place..strange and has a slightly toxic atmosphere...it's kind of hard to believe we all support the same club....
... and it's also a clue as to why we are not a 'football town'...and that the home crowd is so insipid.
Ive studied this quite intently on these threads over the past few seasons...and I think I've built up a solid bank of conclusions.

A feed of f√cking crap on most fronts tbh.

Last edited:
So much for last post ....read only
I'm kind of pretty annoyed with myself for coming back so quick...I thought I could of lasted until at least after Xmas...but I'm sure i'll give it another go sometime this season .
This is a very interesting period we are in now..so it would be a shame to not be part of the banter....which can be so enjoyable. .especially extracting hostile responses !

Burnley next....for crying out loud...what the mood will bring forth if we go and f√ck that up...
...I'm thinking that it will require those of us that are prone to giving it large on truths to really hit the raw nerves and find out who the real fans are. ...were....
During the 70/80s most of our players were earning about the same as I was as a technical branch, middle - rank RN sailor....some were on less....I was less apt to be critical then....
...these days its a different ball game on that score...and we are more entitled to expect 100% effort from the players due to the vast inflated wage, sums of Money they get.
Those that get their knickers in a twist over my posts...and of certain other truth seekers ..need to take a serious look at their position as a true evolved Cherries fan....and whether their expectations and their bitchings with other fans are realistic or not.
Ok ..I'm not a paying punter now...f√cking glad of that...when I read of the f√cking shenanigans involving stewards and umbrellas. .and of frigging 'hospitality tents' , corporate lounge sh*t and the like..no siree...none of that f√cking cake for me.
Up the Cherries. .:sneaky:

Burnley next....for crying out loud...what the mood will bring forth if we go and f√ck that up...
...I'm thinking that it will require those of us that are prone to giving it large on truths to really hit the raw nerves and find out who the real fans are. ...were....
During the 70/80s most of our players were earning about the same as I was as a technical branch, middle - rank RN sailor....some were on less....I was less apt to be critical then....
...these days its a different ball game on that score...and we are more entitled to expect 100% effort from the players due to the vast inflated wage, sums of Money they get.
Those that get their knickers in a twist over my posts...and of certain other truth seekers ..need to take a serious look at their position as a true evolved Cherries fan....and whether their expectations and their bitchings with other fans are realistic or not.
Ok ..I'm not a paying punter now...f√cking glad of that...when I read of the f√cking shenanigans involving stewards and umbrellas. .and of frigging 'hospitality tents' , corporate lounge sh*t and the like..no siree...none of that f√cking cake for me.
Up the Cherries. .:sneaky:
You don’t stop do you. Boring. Very boring.

;